Maltese Falcon

planet

Just wondering if there are any falcons on the web worth buying under 200 ?
is the Haunted studios version decent?

Last edited:
Don't bother with the Haunted Studios it's way off.

Someone on the forum produced a fine dingus, I suggest the use of the search button to find the thread on it.;)

I have one as well as a rare limited run MK produced version from several years ago.
myfalcon.jpg

Don't bother with the Haunted Studios it's way off.

Someone on the forum produced a fine dingus, I suggest the use of the search button to find the thread on it.;)

I have one as well as a rare limited run MK produced version from several years ago.
myfalcon.jpg

you can even see in your pic is has so much more detail and the cast looks very sharp . how tall is yours??

Ozymandius made some a while back. He is currently doing a Raiders Idol.

His Maltese Falcon is fantastic. I would hold out for one. Everything else I have found is a waste of money.

Last edited:
You do get what you pay for no question . If i had not seen that i would have grabbed the haunted version with the sack , Hey if you don't know any better right
The bird in that thread gave my chills lol .

There are great pictures of one of the resin Dinguses that was found at a flea market from when it was sold at Christie's a few years back.

I also just want to vouch for the quality of Oz's bird. Flawless work. He's got a real eye for detail. His dingus is the next best thing to hoping to The real deal.

-Nick

There are great pictures of one of the resin Dinguses that was found at a flea market from when it was sold at Christie's a few years back.

I also just want to vouch for the quality of Oz's bird. Flawless work. He's got a real eye for detail. His dingus is the next best thing to hoping to The real deal.

-Nick

Having a tuff time deciding on the 17lb or 5lb

Thats the score of a lifetime
Makes you wonder how many are out there being used as door stops .

I had these images stored in my computer from one of the other Maltese Falcon threads.

View attachment 93230View attachment 93231View attachment 93232View attachment 93233View attachment 93234

And I have to concur with what others have already said. The Maltese Falcon statue that Ozymandius offers is simply stunning! I've got the weighted version and words just don't do it justice. At this point I don't know of a better version out there than his.

View attachment 93235View attachment 93236View attachment 93237View attachment 93238View attachment 93239

Let me ask you is the bird top or bottom heavy with so much weight stuck in a small statue Or does it feel like its distributed throughout ?

Makes you wonder how many are out there being used as door stops .

I would hazard to guess none. They had the hero bird (Possibly a second) made of lead, possibly one or two resin birds, and then unknown number of plaster birds used for promotion.

There were never that many, sadly. And some of the ones that WERE accounted for have since been stolen. The thieves probably knew what they got, so they're probably not using them to prop open any doors.

-Nick

I would hazard to guess none. They had the hero bird (Possibly a second) made of lead, possibly one or two resin birds, and then unknown number of plaster birds used for promotion.

There were never that many, sadly. And some of the ones that WERE accounted for have since been stolen. The thieves probably knew what they got, so they're probably not using them to prop open any doors.

-Nick

Makes you wonder how this Bird ended up at a flea market decades later still intact
Talk about a journey !

Let me ask you is the bird top or bottom heavy with so much weight stuck in a small statue Or does it feel like its distributed throughout ?

In my opinion the weight feels very evenly distributed throughout. Definitely a top-notch piece.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back