The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread

Thanks everyone. The jacket is the one THEMAN pointed out: Warrior Wear Tac Ops from Blackhawk. Just clip off the brand tags and glue on the shoulder patch. It's actually a really nice softshell, and I look forward to using it in colder weather.

I've ordered my stuff, but like all of us, it's taking forever. But again, like all of us, forever is having to wait more than one day!

I made a pretty simple v2 outfit, but it needs a ton of work. I like being screen accurate, but there are times when making it your own just feels better. I'll post some pics of it...

Ok, here we go! Everything except the boots and pants is what we've picked out so far. I have the kneepads but can't put them in these BDU's.

Pardon the goofy pose...trying to show off the parts, not my (lack of) acting ability...

https://plus.google.com/photos/110030522853262283561/albums/5746220577300882081

Don't worry about the "goofy pose" amigo. We are all trying to look like Renner with our costumes, and no pose could be goofier than that behind the scenes picture of him above!

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in the P30 airsoft gun drop me a PM. I converted two, one for me and one for a friend not on the forums. He decided to build a Cap costume instead. It would be at cost, just dont need two.

Guys this is my first post in awhile, but I've read on the forum for a long time.

Some of you are looking at functional bows, which is where I can contribute a bit. I haven't seen this discussed, so if it has been I apologize.

I haven't shot since college, (not on a team, they just had the facilities). Anyway, a need for a right handed or left handed bow is not necessarily based on whether you are right or left handed- but instead based on EYE DOMINANCE. Everyone has two images that merge, but one overpowers the other. I, for instance, am cross dominant so I shot a left handed bow, despite being right handed.

To test eye dominance-
1) Find a friend or a mirror.

2) Touch your thumbs and index fingers together, and make a diamond shape with the gaps between your hands.

3) Stand about 15 feet from the friend or mirror, Point the diamond from #2 down at the floor, then quickly raise your hands up and aim at your own head (mirror) or the friend's head with the diamond gap you made.

4)You or your friend will only be able to see your dominant eye. That indicates the kind of bow, right or left handed, to get.

5) For most people it will match your handedness, for a select few it will not. If you end up cross dominant but don't want to shoot that way, then you will want to close the dominant eye when shooting and shoot based on your handedness.

6) When shooting, the dominant eye is furthest from the target, and in line with the bow string at draw. Unless you've chosen to close it, of course- then use the other.

Youtube has a lot about archery technique and good olympic recurve matches. Right now I believe Brady Ellison (An American) is ranked World # 1 as we close in on the London games.

Just a thought, but Renner may have discovered he was cross dominant in between Thor and The Avengers, which is why he shot with different handedness between the two movies. ( I know he shot CGI arrows, but I suspect he did train for the role, but maybe not for the cameo?)

Anyway, hope this helps...Thanks

L_TRAIN

Re: The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" V1 Costume Thread (EDITED)

For the 'V1' black uniform, my shopping list is:

HK p30 (airsoft)
Safariland 6400 thigh shroud
Blackhawk CQC holster (requires Safariland Q19 and Q22 adapters)*
Blackhawk HPU performance vest (rip off the Velcro strips)
Tight, very short sleeved black t-shirt
Bianchi 7210 belt (or 8100?)
Black Crye G3 pants (ideal) or Emerson Gen2 (close) pants
Black Crye AirFlex (ideal) or G3-style (close) kneepads
Black tactical boots tba, until we find the right ones
Bow tba, pending a buildup by someone here

*I have the holster parts on order, will post once I've confirmed that this works.
I'm having a tough time finding a Safariland 6400 thigh shroud. I see all kinds of other numbers. Any help?

I'm having a tough time finding a Safariland 6400 thigh shroud. I see all kinds of other numbers. Any help?

I got it through Amazon. They have some left in stock, link is below:

Amazon.com: 6004 Holster Leg Shroud Only, Black: Sports & Outdoors

Oh, and skip any adapters. I tried the safariland q19/q22 set, and found the best solution was just to tap some new holes in the shroud and mount the holster directly to it.

I got it through Amazon. They have some left in stock, link is below:

Amazon.com: 6004 Holster Leg Shroud Only, Black: Sports & Outdoors

Oh, and skip any adapters. I tried the safariland q19/q22 set, and found the best solution was just to tap some new holes in the shroud and mount the holster directly to it.

Aaah. I see the problem. You listed it as the 6400. It's actually the 6004.

Thanks for the link!

Guys this is my first post in awhile, but I've read on the forum for a long time.

Some of you are looking at functional bows, which is where I can contribute a bit. I haven't seen this discussed, so if it has been I apologize.

I haven't shot since college, (not on a team, they just had the facilities). Anyway, a need for a right handed or left handed bow is not necessarily based on whether you are right or left handed- but instead based on EYE DOMINANCE. Everyone has two images that merge, but one overpowers the other. I, for instance, am cross dominant so I shot a left handed bow, despite being right handed.

To test eye dominance-
1) Find a friend or a mirror.

2) Touch your thumbs and index fingers together, and make a diamond shape with the gaps between your hands.

3) Stand about 15 feet from the friend or mirror, Point the diamond from #2 down at the floor, then quickly raise your hands up and aim at your own head (mirror) or the friend's head with the diamond gap you made.

4)You or your friend will only be able to see your dominant eye. That indicates the kind of bow, right or left handed, to get.

5) For most people it will match your handedness, for a select few it will not. If you end up cross dominant but don't want to shoot that way, then you will want to close the dominant eye when shooting and shoot based on your handedness.

6) When shooting, the dominant eye is furthest from the target, and in line with the bow string at draw. Unless you've chosen to close it, of course- then use the other.

Youtube has a lot about archery technique and good olympic recurve matches. Right now I believe Brady Ellison (An American) is ranked World # 1 as we close in on the London games.

Just a thought, but Renner may have discovered he was cross dominant in between Thor and The Avengers, which is why he shot with different handedness between the two movies. ( I know he shot CGI arrows, but I suspect he did train for the role, but maybe not for the cameo?)

Anyway, hope this helps...Thanks

L_TRAIN

Yeah - it's wierd. I"m left handed when it comes to writing, drawing, etc - but I'm right eye dominant and everything else I do more like a righty: shooting, fencing, guitar, etc...

Email graphicjordan@gmail.com. I've got two of his urethane patches and they look really good. I just finished gluing them to the jacket, and will try to get some photos tonight.

I tested several glues, and settled on Goop craft glue as the best. Goop outdoor also works well.

I have everything except the pants (on order) and boots for the V0 outfit. Still working on the shooting glove and bow for the V1, and need to order the arm guards. The shopping list is on my earlier post (pg 3, I think).

Total agreement on the vest. Pull off the velcro and pin it back to get a tighter fit, and it's the spitting image of the screen-used one.

I emailed on Wednesday. No response...

All
Hawake-leather-vest__31816_zoom.jpg

Movieleatherjackets.com has The Avengers Hawkeye vest in leather ($199)

Wow - that's pretty awesome! Too bad it's all leather - I'd love to see someone offer one with the right materials.

Still, if my attempt at making one doesn't turn out, I may end up having to go that route...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back