The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread

I received my HK P30 and modded to match Clint "Hawkeye" Barton's. I also gutted the magazine and added some weight to it.

Last edited:
Greetings All,

Been following this friend with interest after a friend of mine convinced me to do a Hawkeye costume for an upcoming con. Going for the V1/black version as it'll be quicker to put together, but I have a couple of questions.

1. Any brand suggestions for the tactical gloves for the V1?
2. Any brand suggestions for the archery glove, arm guard and quiver for the outfit when he loses the tactical jacket?
3. Are there any alternatives for a H&K P30 replica for countries where airsoft pistols are illegal to import?
4. Any further info on the pistol holster rig and boots for the V1 yet?

Thanks!

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Last edited:
2357457-fabianlacey5.jpg

2357456-fabianlacey4.jpg

2357460-fabianlacey8.jpg

Dash, any updates? We're all anxiously awaiting clues on the fabric!

Sorry for the absence folks, I'm swamped at work and trying to get ready for a con and am burning it at both ends.

So here's what I've found on the "wine" fabric for the vest;

1000D and 1050D Cordura wine/burgandy color weights look correct from a distance but the weave pattern is too tight and they do not have an alternating color pattern (red/blue).
Both types of Cordura in black look to match the black panels on the vest, except for the main panels with horizontal ribbing.
Sur-Last Marine fabric has a "Burgundy Weave" that matches the alternating color pattern, but the weave is too small, also the weight doesn't seem to be heavy enough to match the pics of the vest.

For the pants;

Black jr. ballistic looks like a match for weave and weight for the inner and outer panels on the pants.
I'm still stumped on the main portions with the horizontal ribbing, but I think I'm getting close. I believe it's some type of awning or outdoor furniture fabric. Sunbrella has a few that are close and I'm waiting on samples right now.

Awesome pics Dorian. Those will help when I finally try the Avengers uniform version and for reworking my old bow.

For my V1 uniform, I have my Blackhawk vest on the way, and am currently modding an old recurve I have that I don't shoot anymore. It's an old bear fiberglass bow, pretty plain, but I'm going to dress it up make it look much more modern. Won't be screen accurate, but should do well enough until the Hoyt riser becomes available.

Out of curiosity, how many of you who are going to do a Hawkeye movie build are going to go right handed? I'm kind of on the fence about it, and I wonder how many people will really notice anyway.

I have a friend who wants to do a few short fan films with me as Hawkeye and my gf as Black Widow that are "pre-Avengers". That means I'll be doing some action bits. Overall I'm pretty much ambidextrous with most things, but the bow just feels wierd that way. What's really odd is that while I write, draw and paint left handed, everything else feels more comfortable right handed. Wierd.

Anyway, I'm thinking of just going right handed, but was just curious what others of you are doing.

Last edited:
Awesome pics Dorian. Those will help when I finally try the Avengers uniform version and for reworking my old bow.

For my V1 uniform, I have my Blackhawk vest on the way, and am currently modding an old recurve I have that I don't shoot anymore. It's an old bear fiberglass bow, pretty plain, but I'm going to dress it up make it look much more modern. Won't be screen accurate, but should do well enough until the Hoyt riser becomes available.

Out of curiosity, how many of you who are going to do a Hawkeye movie build are going to go right handed? I'm kind of on the fence about it, and I wonder how many people will really notice anyway.

I have a friend who wants to do a few short fan films with me as Hawkeye and my gf as Black Widow that are "pre-Avengers". That means I'll be doing some action bits. Overall I'm pretty much ambidextrous with most things, but the bow just feels wierd that way. What's really odd is that while I write, draw and paint left handed, everything else feels more comfortable right handed. Wierd.

Anyway, I'm thinking of just going right handed, but was just curious what others of you are doing.

I'm going for a left-hand setup (even though I'm a righty). Desperately hoping that the bow build comes in substantially less than a real bow, else I'm going to make a last minute change of heart. If I can't shoot it, there's no point in paying a fortune!

I considered selling my Bear compound to finance a Hoyt, but I'd like to be screen accurate if possible.

Happened to see this behind the scenes shot.

awlWb.png

Good shot of Hawkeye's street wear boots which look the same as his V1 boots (I assume they are). And of BW's street look too, which is good because my gf wants to do two BW outfits, including one of her "street looks", though she really wants to do the red shirt, jeans, black jacket outfit from the deck of the helicarrier. So if anyone comes across good shots from those scenes, please let me know.

Are there pictures of the top of the quiver? I seem to remember in the movie that there was a top plate with holes drilled in for the arrows. I was curious of the pattern and how many arrows the quiver holds.

So, I got my Blackhawk Vest yesterday. It fits pretty good out of the package in the chest - nice and snug like Renner's in the film - but the waist is a little baggy. It really doesn't have as much of a taper like a fitted shirt but does have a slight one.. I got the medium and I'm a 41-42" chest and 31" waist. It's not overly baggy, just not quite as snug as his.

There are some modifications that need to be done to it to make it more screen accurate. It has loop tape for attaching patches above both breast pockets, and two smaller ones on top of the long one on the left side. These need to be removed, which was pretty easy.

The next mod is the collar. The collar extends about 2" on both sides, allowing them to overlap with velcro attached to close the collar. Renner's collar is shortened and doesn't overlap, and this is an easy enough mod to do. Just waiting to get my sewing machine back.

On another note, looking at the design of the vest, I think this may have served as a base pattern for his Avengers vest. The lines of the front seam look the same as the seam in the maroon section, and the overall shape looks the same. I'm going to use this vest to draft the patterns for my V2 vest.

I'm waiting to get my vest. Thanks for the tips on what needs to be altered. I'll pay close attention to that.

I've ordered the G3s too. I'll post an update when they arrive.

Have we found anyone who is doing a run on accurate shield patches yet?

I'm waiting to get my vest. Thanks for the tips on what needs to be altered. I'll pay close attention to that.

Email graphicjordan@gmail.com. I've got two of his urethane patches and they look really good. I just finished gluing them to the jacket, and will try to get some photos tonight.

I tested several glues, and settled on Goop craft glue as the best. Goop outdoor also works well.

I have everything except the pants (on order) and boots for the V0 outfit. Still working on the shooting glove and bow for the V1, and need to order the arm guards. The shopping list is on my earlier post (pg 3, I think).

Total agreement on the vest. Pull off the velcro and pin it back to get a tighter fit, and it's the spitting image of the screen-used one.

Email graphicjordan@gmail.com about it. He has some nice ones that are about 3 inches. He wants $60 for 2 of them. (A bit more than I want to pay for 2) Other than these I haven't found any real good ones

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back