The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread

I'm going to purchase it as a birthday gift for myself in two weeks; if two or three folks are truly wanting it I'll spend the $ for the silicone / resin for riser casts. I may have time to work the sight and hinge details to cast them as well, but I can't guarantee anything until after June 10. The only issue is I'm a right handed shooter...

I recieved my Highlander boots last night, and have chatted with someone that owns an industrial leather sewing machine. She's interested in taking on the gaiter project but isn't quite sure how to start.

Shop around on the bow forums. I've seen them going for $550 slightly used.

I'm getting confused about the whole right hand left hand thing when it come to bows. When it's listed as a RH bow, does that mean the bow is held with the right hand, or the sting is pulled with the right hand?

Shop around on the bow forums. I've seen them going for $550 slightly used.

I'm getting confused about the whole right hand left hand thing when it come to bows. When it's listed as a RH bow, does that mean the bow is held with the right hand, or the sting is pulled with the right hand?

If you're right handed you want a RH bow, left handed a LH bow. If you are a righty, you hold the bow with your left hand and pull with your right arm, a lefty it's opposite.
The screwy part is that Hawkeye is a righty, always has been, J Renner is a lefty. But if I recall correctly in the THOR cameo J Renner was knocked and aiming as a righty when he was in the basket?

You are correct sir
1819198-hawk_eye_thor_avengers.jpg

If you're right handed you want a RH bow, left handed a LH bow. If you are a righty, you hold the bow with your left hand and pull with your right arm, a lefty it's opposite.

Thanks for clear that up. It's seemed pretty obvious, by sometimes things get termed differently.

The screwy part is that Hawkeye is a righty, always has been, J Renner is a lefty. But if I recall correctly in the THOR cameo J Renner was knocked and aiming as a righty when he was in the basket?

Stunt double maybe?

Maybe they flipped the film in post production to make him appear to right handed, but couldn't see doing it the entire time while filming The Avengers?? Idk. Not an expert here. Just seems that someone either flipped the film for Thor or purposely made him shoot right-handed.

I'll throw you guys a bone and let you know there that there are no found parts on the Hawkeye bow- everything was 3d modeled and grown via SLA except for the base bow.

We don't use found parts much anymore at all- we do for TV stuff a lot, but it's getting to be less and less. Sometimes we will because the propmaster has shown the director something he bought and has gotten an approval, or the director finds a picture of something and says "use this".

That hinge does look really similar though, that's funny. It may be that the concept artist used one for inspiration, or there was one on something on his desk and he used that. That happens a lot. On Transformers 3 we got concept art for a handheld energon scanner and we would have killed ourselves trying to make this cool looking handle they had on it until one of us recognized it was a video game joystick. :lol

So it may in fact be that the scope or the hinge is really similar to a found part- maybe the guy had a cool tactical flashlight on his desk when he was designing the scope, but the scale or whatever might be off since it was modeled in 3d.

Whew! You just saved hours of searching! :thumbsup
I'll throw you guys a bone and let you know there that there are no found parts on the Hawkeye bow- everything was 3d modeled and grown via SLA except for the base bow.

We don't use found parts much anymore at all- we do for TV stuff a lot, but it's getting to be less and less. Sometimes we will because the propmaster has shown the director something he bought and has gotten an approval, or the director finds a picture of something and says "use this".

That hinge does look really similar though, that's funny. It may be that the concept artist used one for inspiration, or there was one on something on his desk and he used that. That happens a lot. On Transformers 3 we got concept art for a handheld energon scanner and we would have killed ourselves trying to make this cool looking handle they had on it until one of us recognized it was a video game joystick. :lol

So it may in fact be that the scope or the hinge is really similar to a found part- maybe the guy had a cool tactical flashlight on his desk when he was designing the scope, but the scale or whatever might be off since it was modeled in 3d.

It's called a Monster Hinge. It's available at a lot of plastic shops. I found it at www.abcplastics.com

The only difference I've found is the screen used has 4 legs on one side of the hinge and 5 legs on the other. The one I found has 4 and 4. The screen used appears to be a little taller too.

Great Find :thumbsup
These are going to be really useful for sorting out my Mk1 Bow :D

Looks like I'm going to be stuck with the black SHIELD Hawkeye costume unless some talent on the forums offers some sweet vests! I can build any prop but a needle and thread is kryptonite to me.

Although not as popular as Cap, or any of the other members… I thought I would throw together the info I’ve gathered on Hawkeye, or at least what I have up to this point and am working for my personal costume… Please feel free to add/correct as more accurate stuff is found.

Definitely want to do this one. I left the cinema less than four hours ago after seeing the film and loved it. I was told by one of the ushers that I look the spit of Jeremy Renner lol. What do you guys think? :cool

Me
577418_200094283445262_100003340743230_333191_1798492917_n.jpg

529982_200094266778597_100003340743230_333190_1877494535_n.jpg

Jeremy
tumblr_m2worwq7LL1qm2r4uo3_r1_1280.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you need to do it!

Here's some of me without any hat on I think this seals the deal.
420274_158875960900428_100003340743230_224987_1133693917_n.jpg

380919_108456455942379_100003340743230_50335_1065207535_n.jpg

395876_101595656628459_100003340743230_5156_2093633420_n.jpg

I have bookmarked all the black costume because it will be the easiest to put together it's just that bow now :lol

Nice find! Great shot of the quiver!

Also bookmarked. Gotta love concept renders. I work in CG so can relate to the secrecy before they are made public. Just finished my Delorean for BTTF fan film..off topic I know but I thought I'd share :)

550262_202645979856759_100003340743230_339617_1832481957_n.jpg

Ok, I have a friend who can do the soft parts of the final uniform for me, if I can locate the right fabrics, pipings, etc. If it comes out well, she may be willing to do a run (no promises on pricing though!).

So, any new thoughts on sourcing?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back