The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread

Awesome. Misterxero. Would you consider doing any more. If you do I would really be interested. (Thadios@yahoo.com)
Thanks

I may actually think about selling this one and work on trying to convince my 3D guy to make me another, (hopefully at less than the $1800 he originally quoted me!) =)

I may actually think about selling this one and work on trying to convince my 3D guy to make me another, (hopefully at less than the $1800 he originally quoted me!) =)

If you would be selling this one or possibly do run please let me know how much you think it would be. Thanks

I've been distracted for a while, but I've got my version of Hawkeye's Quiver to a stage that I'm ready to print it.

Any comments - please feel free to post them.

I've been distracted for a while, but I've got my version of Hawkeye's Quiver to a stage that I'm ready to print it.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/hakka1/hawkeye/quiver3d_zps4c8e7432.jpg

Any comments - please feel free to post them.
widescreen, that is awesome man. Also, which program are you using to 3D with?
MisterXero, is your quiver functional? I would imagine that a functional quiver would allow for the specialty tips as well as the arrows to rotate in order to attach in the single open slot...

Last edited by a moderator:
@MisterXero, is your quiver functional? I would imagine that a functional quiver would allow for the specialty tips as well as the arrows to rotate in order to attach in the single open slot...

Jovins, yes, my quiver is functional. The arrows rotate independent of the tip cradle. It's all manual at this point though, i.e., you need to rotate everything by hand. It's a little tight right now due to the lower resolution of the 3D printer, but I think if the parts were sanded a bit, they should rotate better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jovins, yes, my quiver is functional. The arrows rotate independent of the tip cradle. It's all manual at this point though, i.e., you need to rotate everything by hand. It's a little tight right now due to the lower resolution of the 3D printer, but I think if the parts were sanded a bit, they should rotate better.

Thanks mate for the quick reply, which program did you use for the 3d and what material is yours made of? (Looks by far the most realistic)

Thanks mate for the quick reply, which program did you use for the 3d and what material is yours made of? (Looks by far the most realistic)

Thanks for the kind words!

I use Pro/ENGINEER for all my CAD stuff. Been using it for the last 10+ years for work.

The quiver is made from ABS.. very strong stuff.

Thanks for the kind words!

I use Pro/ENGINEER for all my CAD stuff. Been using it for the last 10+ years for work.

The quiver is made from ABS.. very strong stuff.

Oh thank frakking god. I hate Autodesk with a passion because I've been spoiled by Pro/E (darn you NASA). Solidworks is pretty great too, but I like my parameter trajectories.

Can't thank you guys enough for this awesome thread and the work you've put in! I discovered it about 3 months ago and since then I've been doing my best to get going with my own Hawkeye costume on a very low budget. Bit hard to find some of the stuff, being based in the UK and all, but I've done the best I can.

Did anyone ever find the right fabric for the grey shoulder parts for V2? I've used grey leatherette, which looks fine if I don't want it absolutely perfect...
Also, none of the Oakley links work- have they discontinued the Split Jackets? I managed to find these ones http://www.nasiup.com/cheapest-oakley-split-jacket-sunglasses-black-lens-black-frame-outlet.html which look pretty good, wondering if proper Oakley lenses would fit?

Here's the current level of the vest. I have a bow, but no piccies of that yet. I'll be using wine and black cordura for the black and red panels. (P18 Heavyweight P.U. coated texturised nylon | Outdoor Fabrics from Pennine Outdoor) Ordering the wine stuff next time I get paid, then black the time after that. :)

1157466_10201846651478372_285607239_n.jpg

Last edited:
It Looks Like Your Doing Really Good I Don't Remember Anyone Else Buying The Cheap oakleys, I Bought The Original I Really Like Em And I Got Mine With Military Discount. Made Em Like 120Usd. I Wouldn't Buy 50$ Lenses And Try To Put Em On Fakes I Just Doubt It will Work.
I Also Bought The Actual Cordura Fabric But I Opted For purple. I Never Knew Enough To Look At The Link That You Provided... Not Exactly Sure Its The Same But You Probly Have A Better Idea. Although There Shouldn't Be Any Problem Getting The Real Thing For Not Much More.
I Really Like Your Progress But I Do Have A Critique On The Chest pieces They Seem To Be A little Pointy. Could Be The Fact That I Haven't Looked At A Hawkeye vest In Over A Year But It Stands Out To Me For Some Reason.
Good Luck With The Build, If You Want Me To Source The Oakley Glasses I Will.

It Looks Like Your Doing Really Good I Don't Remember Anyone Else Buying The Cheap oakleys, I Bought The Original I Really Like Em And I Got Mine With Military Discount. Made Em Like 120Usd. I Wouldn't Buy 50$ Lenses And Try To Put Em On Fakes I Just Doubt It will Work.
I Also Bought The Actual Cordura Fabric But I Opted For purple. I Never Knew Enough To Look At The Link That You Provided... Not Exactly Sure Its The Same But You Probly Have A Better Idea. Although There Shouldn't Be Any Problem Getting The Real Thing For Not Much More.
I Really Like Your Progress But I Do Have A Critique On The Chest pieces They Seem To Be A little Pointy. Could Be The Fact That I Haven't Looked At A Hawkeye vest In Over A Year But It Stands Out To Me For Some Reason.
Good Luck With The Build, If You Want Me To Source The Oakley Glasses I Will.

Thanks for the feedback, I am actually in the process of redoing the chest pieces at the moment, totally agree that they don't look quite right. :)
The cordura fabric I'm getting, I found by reading what others had used on here then kept googling until I found a UK based seller. It'll probably not be perfect, but at least the online image looks like the colour will be correct for the Avengers version.
As for the Oakleys, a source would be great. By being on a low budget, £70 is well above me, but it'd help direct people for xmas/birthdays! ;P

Did anyone ever find the right fabric for the grey shoulder parts for V2? I've used grey leatherette, which looks fine if I don't want it absolutely perfect...

View attachment 228194

Nope. We know that it's a textile (possible laminated) used for abrasive type clothing similar to motorcycle gear, but we've not been able to locate anything close. Unfortunately as time goes on it will become impossible at best. I did have some sample printed on several different fabrics to mimic it but none were close enough to call it good.

Thanks for the feedback, I am actually in the process of redoing the chest pieces at the moment, totally agree that they don't look quite right. :)
The cordura fabric I'm getting, I found by reading what others had used on here then kept googling until I found a UK based seller. It'll probably not be perfect, but at least the online image looks like the colour will be correct for the Avengers version.
As for the Oakleys, a source would be great. By being on a low budget, £70 is well above me, but it'd help direct people for xmas/birthdays! ;P

The website I ordered from no longer offer them in the infinite hero colorway but do offer them in flat black. I couldn't get the price as they said I need to send them current info to update my account. Im sure there a lot cheaper then the infinite heros but wouldn't really give you the same look that I assume you are going for. If I remember correctly theyre around 90usd
Edit: although I suppose you could swap lenses and get the point across. Maybe even add a touch of paint on the circles if you wanted to get crazy.

Agreed, very cool!!!

I've been trying my hand at 3D as well, and since I haven't contributed in a while thought I would share.

HBOWhinge

HBOWsight

Both fit the actual Hoyt buffalo bow, once I make sure they're 100% I'll make them available for folks interested.

Working on a Hawkeye costume myself and main thing Im missing is the quiver. Some amazing ones here, if anyone is willing to make more please let me know here or via PM as I would love to have one (depending on how much it would cost)

Also as above (Dash) I would be interested in adding those to my bow if you can get them available to buy. I cant afford the proper Hoyt bow right now so Im just using a stand in which was a decent price. Its fine for now but I want to add the laser sight to it and the hinges to at least bring it up a bit more accurate until I can ever afford the Buffalo. I do want to be as detailed and accurate as possible just money prevents it sometimes. Got the best one I could find though

So far I've made his armguard (without knowing Beiter was the actual ones used I just went by accuracy of look and got it right) just finished attaching the jump rings yesterday. Need the shooting glove next. Waiting on my vest coming should have it end of next week

For those of you who have 3D printed the quivers/arrows/other pieces, may I ask what model printer you've used? I'm looking into buying one for an upcoming project, and was curious what the specs were and if you had any recommendations. I'd like to eventually be able to upgrade my Hawkeye and other costumes as well. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back