The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread

Sorry for the lack of info folks, I was on TDY all last week. So here's the update/issue on the buckles;
$538 for 1000pcs., the company isn't willing to go any lower or take an order for any less.

I found another company with the same type of buckles and asked for 6-8 samples of the same buckle. They're willing to do it, but only take Western Union or can only send via DHL through an established account. So I set up a WU business account (major pain in the ***** BTW), the problem is I am fighting with the system to get the payment to them directly. If I can't sus out the WU issue by tomorrow afternoon I'm going to try the DHL route.

I asked a good friend to take a look at the pants fabric and see what they can find for me, he's got a couple leads but nothing solid yet.

ya im very much interested in what those pants fabrics are for the pants, can anybody tell what iEhrc used for his pants on his picture in page 12?

This thread is so helpful that I almost build my full costume from here. But my quiver and bow is reconstructed by this time so I got a BB airsoft colt m1911 in a cosplay in my place. tell me what do you think.
484116_3754364821144_1245186824_n.jpg

here's my actual reference:
hawkeye2.jpg

Nice where did you get the pants from?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. They're closer out of the box than anything else I've seen, and some work would make them much better.

Just always nervous ordering stuff from overseas sites I don't know much about.

It was mentioned either earlier in this thread, or in another... the sunglasses are Oakley Splitjackets. :cool

I've done a bit of searching, and have found a reasonably priced knock-off... fake Oakley SplitJackets

They're not totally accurate (they don't have the corner detail of the Oakleys), but I found this similarly-shaped pair with purple lenses at Dollar Tree, of all places:

Discount stores often have racks of "designer-inspired" glasses for very little money. :)

Well Done!

So, status of the samples; not a fun or cheap experience. Essentially I have two buckles for the vest that took almost 6 weeks and cost over $100 and still no belt buckle to match.
Casting is out of the question as is machining, too cost prohibitive. So I am trying my hand at 3D drawing and am working to get both buckle sizes available for printing for those interested. As soon as I complete the files I'll post the link for folks to print their own in the medium they prefer.

I've updated the first post to reflect the information that has been discovered to date.

And finally I believe there's another bit of information to analyze (ad nauseum:lol). Looking over the HD photos of the vest; is it just me or does the piping around the upper black Cordura look like it's all one piece? Especially around the neck/throat where it does a weird "V". I've looked for seam lines on the piping and where they would normally be at corners, but nadda, same thing for the panels around the kidneys. My humble thought (no supporting info of course), is that they are pre-formed vinyl or urethane panels with the fabric sewn over top.

Thoughts?

And finally I believe there's another bit of information to analyze (ad nauseum:lol). Looking over the HD photos of the vest; is it just me or does the piping around the upper black Cordura look like it's all one piece? Especially around the neck/throat where it does a weird "V". I've looked for seam lines on the piping and where they would normally be at corners, but nadda, same thing for the panels around the kidneys. My humble thought (no supporting info of course), is that they are pre-formed vinyl or urethane panels with the fabric sewn over top.

Thoughts?

I'm convinced that it was molded rubber or vinyl or something, or possibly just cut into the exact shape. There doesn't look to be any stitching on the edging, so I am guessing it's glued down.

Having an entire panel of rubber/vinyl/plastic under the cordura seems like it would be more obviously bulky. Although, ScarJo mentioned that they were all dying in their costumes because the things didn't breathe, and having the vest partly lined in plastic would sure do that.

Agreed. I believe them to be molded urethane (think Vytaflex or Reoflex) in the shape of the panel, and then sewn down to the vest body with the top seam that we see in the HD photos. I believe it also lends to keeping the shape of the vest, if Cordura is sewn to a lining material it looks a little "wonky". I'm going to give it a go and see what happens.

Wes is right on the budget part. So I ordered some and just received them;

Fit is great, really, they feel awesome and are perfect to my measurements. Soles are much better than your normal overseas costume boot as well. The material is, well, pleather. Now unfortunately the pictures show a thicker material than is actually used. It's really thin, but would be OK for budget boots. The "buckles" are just silver vinyl sewn to the sides with a cheap square buckle on the opposite ends. Again, what you see is what you get, except for the thickness of the material.
All in all a decent transaction, but as always, you get what you pay for. So, I will be tearing them apart and using them for a pattern with real leather and going from there.

Ok, for those still viewing... Found some boots that could be used as a base, that have the correct Vibram Bifida soles.

Garmont T6 boot

Good luck!

I already know the bow is different but is the uniform in Thor is the as the 'basic' uniform for the start of the Avengers.
Have a Whitetail 2 that I may sub for the Apex compound bow and do a Hawkeye before he was with the cool kids.

Wes is right on the budget part. So I ordered some and just received them;

Fit is great, really, they feel awesome and are perfect to my measurements. Soles are much better than your normal overseas costume boot as well. The material is, well, pleather. Now unfortunately the pictures show a thicker material than is actually used. It's really thin, but would be OK for budget boots. The "buckles" are just silver vinyl sewn to the sides with a cheap square buckle on the opposite ends. Again, what you see is what you get, except for the thickness of the material.
All in all a decent transaction, but as always, you get what you pay for. So, I will be tearing them apart and using them for a pattern with real leather and going from there.

Awesome - good to know. Which site did you order them from? Mind taking a few pics and posting them?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back