The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread

Thanks Dorian! I make them myself. ;)

14506-hawkeye-quiver.jpg

How much for your quiver?

This thread is so helpful that I almost build my full costume from here. But my quiver and bow is reconstructed by this time so I got a BB airsoft colt m1911 in a cosplay in my place. tell me what do you think.
484116_3754364821144_1245186824_n.jpg

here's my actual reference:
hawkeye2.jpg

599266_10151947583310297_1481333642_n.jpg

Me at the Manchester mcm expo this past weekend. the most amazing thing is that Friday night all I had was the jacket and an old ribbed burgundy t-shirt.

roll on Saturday and i'd made some makeshift arm guards, not perfect but they looked OK. my bro gave me the shades, and luckily my dad did archery so the bow was sorted too.

after looking into this thread i can see where I've made a few mistakes.

So excited about this thread. Thank you to all who contributed. Blackwood if I may ask, what material did you use for your quiver? The craftsman ship is absolutely amazing!! Great job.

Blackwood I think I've just sussed out how you made that quiver. If I'm right I get a cookie.

what you will need

2-3 plastic cereal tubs (the type with lock lids)
some MDF or thin plastic
rivets and a rivet gun
1 permanent marker
1 craft knife or surgical blade
1-2 cans of black matt or gloss spray paint.

take the tubs and using the marker draw the design of the quiver onto the plastic tubs both front and back. cut out with surgical blade or knife.

take the thin strip of plastic. Bolt it to the top and bottom part using the rivets.

lightly sand with a fine sand paper or wet and dry to take any burs or rought plastic off.

you can know prime or spray.

leave to dry.

drill holes in top for arrows but drill the holes into a circle to emulate the rotation of the quiver holder.

theres an option for a moving part inside but you'd need a rotating display stand with the controls hooked up somewhere on your person. then just have the arrow heads glued to the base of the turntable.

jiraiya2point0,

Interesting thoughts...

I think you should test your theories and see what you get.

Then post what you have created and we shall see if you are correct...

I know this one isn't exactly film accurate, but here is my Hawkeye. I threw it together in two weeks for a local convention. The quiver I made won an award in the costume contest for prop craftsmanship. :)

14505-hawkeye-costume.jpg

[/IMG]

Hey Blackwood, mind if I borrow this idea with the ball cap for Dragon*Con?

Could this buckle...

Be one of these (bottom right)? Not this model exactly, but same style?

oimg_GC04481116_CA04481332.jpg

Wes

Wes, are you talking about the belt buckle or the locking block buckles on each side of the lower vest? The locking blocks are Austrialpin's, the belt buckle still hasn't been ID'd. If that's the one you're referring to it could be possible?

I was referring to the ones on the vest. I scoured the thread, but couldn't find where they were ID'd. The belt buckle can be created easily enough, I would think.

Thanks for pointing that out for me.

edit: do you have a style # for the buckles? I can't seem to find it.

Wes

Last edited:
Crap, sorry about that folks, thought I had updated the first post. Now it is; Austrial pin slide lock buckle 1.25" for the vest/pants attachment.

The belt buckle looks to be a larger version of the same style buckles on the chest just before the armpits.
They look to be a custom job similar to the TFA belt buckle just more rounded.

Agreed, just need to ID the buckle style itself. Not sure if they're custom though, I was watching Hunger Games last night and I'm almost positive the pants buckle on the "arena" outfits were the same type but gold vs. silver. Of course it was a quick look and then me trying to figure out where I had seen the design before and why it seemed important...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back