Lannister/Kings Guard armor

langoleer

My brother asked me the other day if I could make him Jamie Lannister's armor for halloween which I said sounded pretty feasible. Has anyone here made a cuirass or know whats the easiest way to go about making one? I did a search but nothing came up, I figured I could possilbly get the form with something like paper mache even then fiberglass/bondo over it, but if anyones done it I'd be very interested in your insight. Thanks.

I don't know but if you can make this happen and it looks great, I will actually cry with joy. That armor is beautiful.

I may not cry, but will definitely be cheering you on. I'm slowly working on armor "inspired by" Game of Thrones. (I'd love to make the Hound's outfit, though I don't have the skill to make the helmet, nor the money to buy the upcoming one from www.Valyriansteel.com. )
You've probably seen this: Game of Thrones Craft: Weapons - YouTube (It covers armor as well as weaponry.)
For the scales, you might consider www.theringlord.com - they have plenty of color options, though the shape isn't exactly the same as those the Kingsguard uses.

SmilingOtter I hadn't see the youtube link you posted to thanks for that. I guess my biggest question is what the back of it looks like, or is there even a back to the cuirass? You would imagine yes, as it is armor, but in every scene and every picture the cape hides it and I havent even seen one shot with a peek at the sides were it would connect the breast/backplate to see if/where it does.

A Lannister set of armour?? Boooo! Hiss!
I would to see this come together though. Probably the best thing on TV. Ever. Best of luck with it.

I'd love a lifesize Joffrey so i could burn him, BURN HIM!!! muahahahaa..

Definitely going to keep progress on this thread. I ADORE Jaime Lannister's armor and this would be a beautiful piece.

I'm glad somebody mentioned the Ring Lord as that's what I wanted to say as well.

not to necro-thread, but has anyone seen Jaime's armour this year?

the kingsguard armour was sick, but this years is wild. It's a revamp of Tywin lannister's armour, suggesting that it belongs to the head of the lannister household, or the commander of the lannister army...speculation right...

anyway...I WANNA BUILD IT!!! IT IS BEYOND SICK!!!

problem is I'm not terribly artisticly inclined lol. need help!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back