Woven Fiberglass cloth application?

joeyiswhammo

Hey guys

Im currently working on a replica N7 helmet from the game Mass Effect, I am using the pepakura method to begin.

I know it seems the battle hardened method of using resin then using bondo and sandingx4 then painting seems to be the most popular way. My friend suggested that I just use resin and woven fiberglass cloth after a few layers of resin to achieve the carbonfiber imitation look I am going for? Would using say something like this Black Fiberglass : Fiberglass : Chopped Strand Mat : Aerospace : E-Glass : Surfacing : Boating : Black : Gun Roving along with many coats of resin with sanding and then covering it with clearcoast and sanding be a workable solution? Sorry for my english but any help would be awesome.
thanks
joey

Using Fiberglass on the outside, is that what you are wanting to try? Because if it is, That's a bad idea...............You'll lose all the nice crisp lines and detail.Also, Fiberglass is a PAIN to sand. Just go the bondo route....as the bondo is curing us some kind of tool to engrave the pattern into the surface.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back