HSS Terminator 2 T-1000 frozen cop project progress pics

Yup, I have all the items I need now. Alot of thanks for postmanpat for his help and advice. I'll be putting up some pics when I start the build. BTW you have until the end of December to nab a haunted studios half bust. Then they close shop forever apparently. I am very pleased with the cast I receive. Beautifully detailed!

I had a friend who had a bell helmet. It isnt a police helmet. It's a generic motor-cross and has snaps for the visor. But apart from that and the paint job is exactly what I needed. I had alot of trouble finding the correct visor as they are almost extinct. They are a patent gloss leather. The button posts and silver rank braid are on ebay although becoming rarer by the day. Finally the metal badge for the helmet can be sourced via china's Ebay. Postmanpat put me onto those and they are brilliant.

Oh the jacket is old stock from Ebay. I got lucky and scored a medium for $15. It's a blue/black. Patches I also lucked out and found new/old lapd stock on the bay. It takes patience but you can find this stuff still. I'd aim to get the bust and a suitable helmet first. They make or break the build as far as I'm concerned.

Regards
T
A
Z

Yup, I have all the items I need now. Alot of thanks for postmanpat for his help and advice. I'll be putting up some pics when I start the build. BTW you have until the end of December to nab a haunted studios half bust. Then they close shop forever apparently. I am very pleased with the cast I receive. Beautifully detailed!

I had a friend who had a bell helmet. It isnt a police helmet. It's a generic motor-cross and has snaps for the visor. But apart from that and the paint job is exactly what I needed. I had alot of trouble finding the correct visor as they are almost extinct. They are a patent gloss leather. The button posts and silver rank braid are on ebay although becoming rarer by the day. Finally the metal badge for the helmet can be sourced via china's Ebay. Postmanpat put me onto those and they are brilliant.

Oh the jacket is old stock from Ebay. I got lucky and scored a medium for $15. It's a blue/black. Patches I also lucked out and found new/old lapd stock on the bay. It takes patience but you can find this stuff still. I'd aim to get the bust and a suitable helmet first. They make or break the build as far as I'm concerned.

Regards
T
A
Z

Do you have the list of all the items and where you got each? If the police in FL aren't too strict, going as the T-1000 might work for 2016 Mega-Con

Well no I do t have a list mate. It was just eBay. If u read the threads here on the RPF a gentleman did the same thing and he breaks down what he found to where and where. Use Te search function. eBay is your friend!

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Frosty,

It was sad to hear of his passing indeed. I built my own lifesize T1000 a while back but couldn't modify the mannequin hand to use as his snapped off hand so ended up getting one from Sam. Very nice guy to deal with.

Here is a video of mine;

Sorry for the subpar quality but it's a mobile and bad lighting. Here is how I did mine though;

1. dilute some acrylic white paint in either water or thinner. Thinner dries heaps quicker so I would recommend that but if it's going to undo the paint on your bust I would use water. Make sure you thin it a lot as once you paint it on you can't undo it. It's better to slowly build up layers. Paint the statue everywhere with blotches of white. I used a medium sized brush you use to paint the house. Once it's dry and not white enough then repeat.

2. Get some snow in a can spray. There are a million brands out there and I only found one that works really really well. I attached a picture of the can. Others will work too but they break down and won't look as chunky. They don't go too far so grab a few cans. Spray the surface. I half pressed the plunger on the can so the snow effect spluttered out instead of properly pressing it which gives a finer more even mist. Chunky looks better.

View attachment 491553

3. The snow effect will come away easily so I used a light layer of a flexible cellulose from a spray can you can get at a hardware store. You may not need to do this step.

4. Grab a small brush and paint the entire surface using clear drying PVA. Give this a day or so to dry so it's clear. Make sure you dab on the PVA and don't stroke it with the brush as it will remove the snow.

5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 until you are happy with the amount of frost. The PVA will give it a really secure coat so no need to worry about rubbing off the effect after it.

6. Get some silver glitter glue that kids use from an art shop. Paint it on as your last coat to give it the glitter.

Hope this helps.

Here is another video of a T1000 I made for a mate of mine. A lot more glitter on this one which makes it look a lot more wet.

Thanks for this help. I'm making a frozen T-1000 scale 1/6 and will use some of these steps.

Wow this thread took me down memory lane.

I still own a few masks from his Retro monster line and will never sell them.

Rest in piece Sam McCaine.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back