HSS Terminator 2 T-1000 frozen cop project progress pics

This is absolutely amazing looking!

Now I have a question for you, where did you find the jacket? This is going to be my Halloween costume this year and I just can't find that jacket. I found some that are similar looking but not the correct kind.

If anybody else knows, please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

James

This is absolutely amazing looking!

Now I have a question for you, where did you find the jacket? This is going to be my Halloween costume this year and I just can't find that jacket. I found some that are similar looking but not the correct kind.

If anybody else knows, please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

James

Not to be a downer, but sadly Sam passed away earlier this year. I believe he posted on his personal facebook page he had commissioned the jacket, but I may be mistaken.

Well, I hope you find one somewhere, Good luck!

Sad to hear he passed, i don't suppose anyone knows how the frozen effect was created, i have the bust i'd like to add the frozen effect to

Sad to hear he passed, i don't suppose anyone knows how the frozen effect was created, i have the bust i'd like to add the frozen effect to

Hi Frosty,

It was sad to hear of his passing indeed. I built my own lifesize T1000 a while back but couldn't modify the mannequin hand to use as his snapped off hand so ended up getting one from Sam. Very nice guy to deal with.

Here is a video of mine;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBU4UAANgzw

Sorry for the subpar quality but it's a mobile and bad lighting. Here is how I did mine though;

1. dilute some acrylic white paint in either water or thinner. Thinner dries heaps quicker so I would recommend that but if it's going to undo the paint on your bust I would use water. Make sure you thin it a lot as once you paint it on you can't undo it. It's better to slowly build up layers. Paint the statue everywhere with blotches of white. I used a medium sized brush you use to paint the house. Once it's dry and not white enough then repeat.

2. Get some snow in a can spray. There are a million brands out there and I only found one that works really really well. I attached a picture of the can. Others will work too but they break down and won't look as chunky. They don't go too far so grab a few cans. Spray the surface. I half pressed the plunger on the can so the snow effect spluttered out instead of properly pressing it which gives a finer more even mist. Chunky looks better.

20150422_160159.jpeg

3. The snow effect will come away easily so I used a light layer of a flexible cellulose from a spray can you can get at a hardware store. You may not need to do this step.

4. Grab a small brush and paint the entire surface using clear drying PVA. Give this a day or so to dry so it's clear. Make sure you dab on the PVA and don't stroke it with the brush as it will remove the snow.

5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 until you are happy with the amount of frost. The PVA will give it a really secure coat so no need to worry about rubbing off the effect after it.

6. Get some silver glitter glue that kids use from an art shop. Paint it on as your last coat to give it the glitter.

Hope this helps.

Here is another video of a T1000 I made for a mate of mine. A lot more glitter on this one which makes it look a lot more wet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBCqr-2UZDo

Thank you so much for replying,you did a brilliant job with those two, i'll try your technique see how i get on, i did think of trying a can of window frosting, but your technique sounds better

Thank you so much for replying,you did a brilliant job with those two, i'll try your technique see how i get on, i did think of trying a can of window frosting, but your technique sounds better

You are welcome. Let me know if you need any more help. Cheers

Hi Frosty,

It was sad to hear of his passing indeed. I built my own lifesize T1000 a while back but couldn't modify the mannequin hand to use as his snapped off hand so ended up getting one from Sam. Very nice guy to deal with.

Here is a video of mine;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBU4UAANgzw

Sorry for the subpar quality but it's a mobile and bad lighting. Here is how I did mine though;

1. dilute some acrylic white paint in either water or thinner. Thinner dries heaps quicker so I would recommend that but if it's going to undo the paint on your bust I would use water. Make sure you thin it a lot as once you paint it on you can't undo it. It's better to slowly build up layers. Paint the statue everywhere with blotches of white. I used a medium sized brush you use to paint the house. Once it's dry and not white enough then repeat.

2. Get some snow in a can spray. There are a million brands out there and I only found one that works really really well. I attached a picture of the can. Others will work too but they break down and won't look as chunky. They don't go too far so grab a few cans. Spray the surface. I half pressed the plunger on the can so the snow effect spluttered out instead of properly pressing it which gives a finer more even mist. Chunky looks better.

View attachment 491553

3. The snow effect will come away easily so I used a light layer of a flexible cellulose from a spray can you can get at a hardware store. You may not need to do this step.

4. Grab a small brush and paint the entire surface using clear drying PVA. Give this a day or so to dry so it's clear. Make sure you dab on the PVA and don't stroke it with the brush as it will remove the snow.

5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 until you are happy with the amount of frost. The PVA will give it a really secure coat so no need to worry about rubbing off the effect after it.

6. Get some silver glitter glue that kids use from an art shop. Paint it on as your last coat to give it the glitter.

Hope this helps.

Here is another video of a T1000 I made for a mate of mine. A lot more glitter on this one which makes it look a lot more wet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBCqr-2UZDo
That is badass bro. Any advice finding the police bell helmet? All the ones I've seen don't go around the whole head, they have leather flaps covering the ears

Thanks heaps mate. The accurate police bell helmets are unfortunately very rare to find these days. From memory they made several different types of bell helmets.......the ones with the leather flaps are actually not the biker helmet but were used for the riot squad. These helmets don't come around far enough to cover the cheeks and don't come down far enough to cover the neck so stay away from those. The youtube link at the top is the one I made myself using an accurate bell helmet. The one I made for a mate which is in the second youtube link was made using a SHOAI helmet which is relatively accurate and can be found a lot easier. With the SHOAI the cheeks aren't covered enough though as the sides don't come around enough so you may need to sculpt the sides of the bust or pad out the padding even more to bring it forward. Also, if you do go down the SHOAI path I would recommend you get a small size as the medium I used on the half body statue seemed a bit too large. Another possibility would be to buy the haunted studios bust and sculpt the back half of the helmet yourself. Then you could cut off the resin badge and put on real metal badge, visor and rank band. But if you are keen on the accurate bell helmet I would start looking at police collectible forums. Hope this helps.

Thanks heaps mate. The accurate police bell helmets are unfortunately very rare to find these days. From memory they made several different types of bell helmets.......the ones with the leather flaps are actually not the biker helmet but were used for the riot squad. These helmets don't come around far enough to cover the cheeks and don't come down far enough to cover the neck so stay away from those. The youtube link at the top is the one I made myself using an accurate bell helmet. The one I made for a mate which is in the second youtube link was made using a SHOAI helmet which is relatively accurate and can be found a lot easier. With the SHOAI the cheeks aren't covered enough though as the sides don't come around enough so you may need to sculpt the sides of the bust or pad out the padding even more to bring it forward. Also, if you do go down the SHOAI path I would recommend you get a small size as the medium I used on the half body statue seemed a bit too large. Another possibility would be to buy the haunted studios bust and sculpt the back half of the helmet yourself. Then you could cut off the resin badge and put on real metal badge, visor and rank band. But if you are keen on the accurate bell helmet I would start looking at police collectible forums. Hope this helps.

I was looking at those SHOAI helmets, they look very close. Pricey too at $350. Yeah I will stay away from the riot helmet, just too far off from accurate. Thanks so much for the help!

I don't know how but I got lucky buying an old Bell helmet from a fella on ebay, back in March of this year. The paint scheme was completely wrong, so I had it repainted to look like the T-1000's.

Here are some before and after photos:

This is going to be my costume for next year, and I'm super excited! Tracking down the correct items like the walkie talkie that was used in the film, or the pistol holder, even the correct police badges, has been extremely difficult, but it's been a lot of fun.

My advice, just keep checking on ebay and you'll find the stuff you'll need. :-D

Cheers!

James

Thank you very much, I feel pretty fortunate on finding it.

I did a lot of going back and forth with myself, thinking it wasn't going to be the correct helmet. Then I decided to take the plunge, I asked the seller what his lowest price he would take for it, then I went ahead and bought it.

it still need up costing quite a bit for it, but that's what you get when you want the best. :-D

James

Hi. I'm a massive Terminator fan. And massive T-1000 fan. I have some questions about the clothes. Where did you get the clothes you used for making your masterpiece?
(It's truly a masterpiece. I'm in awe in its accuracy, and awesomeness)

Lucky guys to fund accurate props. For me, the galleria costume is what I'm going for

Here is a video of the one I made;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dbHNSgvPr0

I was fortunate enough to be able to buy a full accurate costume from someone selling the lot. TazVader on this forum is in the process of making himself a lifesize statue identical to mine and he has just sourced all the costume parts. It may be best if you contacted him and he can send you the links of where he sourced his items from. The accurate bell helmet is going to be next to impossible to source unless you are prepared to pay large dollars and also from what I have heard Haunted Studios have shut down so getting the bust might be difficult as well. Hope this helps.

Here is a video of the one I made;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dbHNSgvPr0

I was fortunate enough to be able to buy a full accurate costume from someone selling the lot. TazVader on this forum is in the process of making himself a lifesize statue identical to mine and he has just sourced all the costume parts. It may be best if you contacted him and he can send you the links of where he sourced his items from. The accurate bell helmet is going to be next to impossible to source unless you are prepared to pay large dollars and also from what I have heard Haunted Studios have shut down so getting the bust might be difficult as well. Hope this helps.

Thanks postmanpat. I'll contact him, and also find out if Florida police will like me in a LAPD uniform

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back