Am I the only one that hates superhero movies (rant)?

Birdie

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It seems that I'm am the only person on the entire internet that can't stand superheroes?

I find the entire genre ludicrous, overplayed, dull and overall irritating beyond belief. Every movie seems to have the same beats, melodramatic plots, horrible CGI, crappily staged action scenes, over sentimental, and THE SAME BLOODY STORY :angry

Every damn person the hero meets in their ordinary life turns out to be a supervillain or another damn hero, with Spiderman being the worst offender.

The most infuriating thing is that I seem to be the only person on the entire internet who doesn't get it, and the bloody things pour out more every year!

What is the appeal? I get the whole 'what if?' thing, but the movies are all the ****** same, just with different costumes and various levels of 'darkness'.

It's driving me nuts :facepalm

Last edited:
Re: Am I the only one that hates superheroes (rant)?

Superheroes are our modern day Hercules and Beowulfs. The appeal is in hearing stories of flawed, but ultimately heroic people standing against insurmountable odds. It's unfortunate that you don't feel that you get it, but that's okay. I don't get the appeal of chick flicks and most anime that my friends are into. Different strokes for different folks, and all that

If you don't like it, you don't like it. You don't have to explain yourself to anybody. It can be frustrating to have friends that are totally into a genre that you just don't like. They can't seem to fathom it. "But you must of liked <insert movie here>!"

Dont watch it then and keep it to your self :p i am wondering what do you like then ? Comic book movies is part of most people lifes.

Dont watch it then and keep it to your self :p i am wondering what do you like then ? Comic book movies is part of most people lifes.

Just ????

That's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard, before the mid 2000's and the advances in CGI, bareley anyone gave a crap about superhero movies, because there were hardly any!

Certainly there were very few threads on here about them.

Yup. Remember all those superhero movies before X-men? That's right, all four Superman movies.

Most people's lives. Tch. :p

Just ????

That's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard, before the mid 2000's and the advances in CGI, bareley anyone gave a crap about superhero movies, because there were hardly any!

And FYI, I love sci-fi, horror, war movies, westerns, thrillers, dramas, documentaries, good anime...just about everything apart from superheroes, romantic comedies and stoner comedy :rolleyes

Last edited:

Yup. Remember all those superhero movies before X-men? That's right, all four Superman movies.

Yup, Superman and Batman. That was yer lot other than the odd, err...oddity?

And to add, I don't bemoan other folk's taste, it's just total overkill...

Just ????

au contraire, superhero shows were a big part of our lives before cgi. There were no end to cartoons and the television shows ranging from the shadow and flash gordon to batman and the incredible hulk. Kids and adults still tried to dress up like them, act like them, and in a sense want to be like them. It's no different now than it was 50 years ago.

au contraire, superhero shows were a big part of our lives before cgi. There were no end to cartoons and the television shows ranging from the shadow and flash gordon to batman and the incredible hulk. Kids and adults still tried to dress up like them, act like them, and in a sense want to be like them. It's no different now than it was 50 years ago.

Yes it is. To clarify, I'm talking about movies.

I have a friend that is very particular about which movies he will watch.

He loves zomibes, but hates movies on boats and pirates, so Pirates of the Caribbean is out.

Anything with Tom Cruise in it. Nope.

Anything "fantasy". Nope.

Like noted above; different strokes for different folks. Some people love Picasso, some people love scallops, somebody out there is eating Limburger Cheese.

Yes it is. To clarify, I'm talking about movies.
oh...well, can't help you there. LOL

I have noticed that all the recent movie superheroes shop at the same place for fabric though.

I wasn't very clear in my rant...it's the Marvel and DC stuff I really can't stand. People like Alan Moore and Mark Millar have done great stuff in the genre, with varying success on the silver screen.

People like comic book movies NOw because it look so realy they hope it is possible but of course That wont happen.

Just try to respect others what movies they like.

Its à feeling you have Or Dont have with those mOvies

Dont forget Batman and Blade!

Oh and OP, troll much....

trololollol....

oh...well, can't help you there. LOL

I have noticed that all the recent movie superheroes shop at the same place for fabric though.

You mean the *shudder* quilt :lol

Dont forget Batman and Blade!

Oh and OP, troll much....

trololollol....

How is the subject a troll? It's that attitude that drives me nuts. Like we have to like these damn things? This ain't a superhero forum, troll.

And to add, I don't bemoan other folk's taste, it's just total overkill...

What are you doing with this topic? :p just close this topic it has no USe to ASK why you think you are THE only One you hate comicboOk movies.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back