Am I the only one that hates superhero movies (rant)?

Re: Am I the only one that hates superheroes (rant)?

Superheroes are our modern day Hercules and Beowulfs. The appeal is in hearing stories of flawed, but ultimately heroic people standing against insurmountable odds. It's unfortunate that you don't feel that you get it, but that's okay. I don't get the appeal of chick flicks and most anime that my friends are into. Different strokes for different folks, and all that

I can totally see this argument, it's the dreadful tentpole blockbuster story-telling and hollow spectacle of the modern movies that I can't get down with. Gimme 70's movie making any day. Now Drive, that was a modern movie I can dig...

i also ignore most superhero movies. i think it's because they just crank them out and it's become oversaturated. i'll watch a decently made one once in a great while maybe.

i have no interest in some guy with birdwings on his head carrying a sledgehammer lol.

The masses enjoy them. The Avengers is already breaking box office records internationally, and still has another week before it really does its damage stateside. It's just not your thing, no big deal :thumbsup

The masses enjoy them. The Avengers is already breaking box office records internationally, and still has another week before it really does its damage stateside. It's just not your thing, no big deal :thumbsup

Oh yeah, I know. That's kinda what provoked the rant :lol

I don't think I've visited a site this week that hasn't been raving about it, and I'm, like, errr...Prometheus...Looper....Gravity....PROMETHEUS, damn you!!!!

How is the subject a troll? It's that attitude that drives me nuts. Like we have to like these damn things? This ain't a superhero forum, troll.

Nope, i stand by what i said.
You came here with some inflamed argument against superheros when this board is a costuming board having 90% of its costumes coming from superhero or superhero based media.

In this case i lump just about every hero or villain that live and breaths the fantastic to be heroic/villain, AKA super heros/villains.

And you go on and on about how down on them you are.

This might not be specifically a superhero board, but you certainly arent among those who DONT like them.

It seems that you are posting just to post and just to inflame an argument.

AKA

A troll.

I am simply pointing out the obvious truth.

You came here with some inflamed argument against superheros when this board is a costuming board having 90% of its costumes coming from superhero or superhero based media.

In this case i lump just about every hero or villain that live and breaths the fantastic to be heroic/villain, AKA super heros/villains.

This might not be specifically a superhero board, but you certainly arent among those who DONT like them.

AKA

A troll.

It better for my hart to stop
Watching this topic :p

AKA

A troll.

1. I asked the question 'does anybody else hate superhero movies?' I did not post a thread 'Superhero movies are crap'. That would be trolling...kinda. I genuineley wanted to know if anybody else disliked this genre as much as I do. I stated my reasons for not liking this genre and made no disparaging remarks about superhero fans. An intelligent poster, Firesprite, calmly gave her reasons for the popularity of it. It's called adult discussion.

If I asked 'Does anybody else hate westerns?' you would have passed on by. Since I clearly stated a dislike for a genre you love, you personally attacked me. Not cool. Get a thicker skin or don't post.

2. This is The Replica Prop Forum, not the Replica Costume Forum. The Costume forum is a large sub-forum that has existed for 3 or 4 years, maybe less. I do not visit it. I have no interest, and little knowlege of, costuming. I build and collect movie props. This topic is posted in 'Off-Topic'. Many contentious subjects are posted here. I am not responsible for your immature inability to deal with opposing opinions. I am not responsible for any personal attacks beyond throwing your own back at you.

3. No-one else seems to have taken offence byond 'OMG you don't like superhero movies', most have been mature responses to what was stated in the title as being 'a rant' ie letting off steam. Grow up.

4. I've been here since 2000. If I were a troll, I would have gone long ago. Yes, I'm cantankerous, I'm opinionated. But I respect the opinions and tastes of others, and if you decided to venture out of 'The Replica Costume Forum' you would know all this, 'cos I post A LOT. Though not as much as Nwerke.

Last edited:

AKA

A troll.

I don't see this topic as trolling. He hasn't bashed anyone who disagrees, so why you see it as picking a fight, I've no idea. I see it as someone genuinely trying to wrap his brain around a fandom that he doesn't belong to.

Yeah, I agree that this post wasn't a troll. Birdie has been on the boards a while and is good people on here.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back