Blade Runner Blaster M2019 Deluxe Prop Replica Off World Inc?

TomVDJ

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Simple question: is this a good replica? I could buy one in France for about 370 €. No chance I'll be able to import this from outside Europe, since it looks like a weapon and customs services over here are just... well... never mind.

So would this be a good deal? Or are there better options available within Europe?

I have one and its a prop and its nice ,for the money however its not perfect ,which really the only one that is would be a hero version ,I mean I like it ,just these are now capable of upgrade parts made from Off-World Inc. they offer the parts up on Ebay now , mine has a metal top receiver and the offer not the metal trigger guard and metal handle bracket as well as the metal bottom of the handle.....Nice upgrade kit .......

I have one. They're kind of pricey for what you get. It's mostly plastic except for the top receiver. The top receiver that comes on this gun is NOT accurate to the original. It has different lettering on it. You have to pay extra to get the accurate receiver. Almost every part on mine rattled or felt loose. I had to take the thing apart and glue several plastic pieces down or tighten screws in order to get it to feel more solid. But because it's mostly plastic except for the top receiver, it feels VERY top heavy. Honestly, once you buy the base gun, then pay extra for all of the metal upgrades, you might as well have bought one of the metal kits from racprops and built something that is MUCH nicer than the Off World piece. If you're just looking for something to play around with, the Off World piece will do the trick. If you want a true display-worthy hero piece, you're better off getting something else.

Problem is that everything that even resembles a gun, will get stuck at customs. So I'll have to look for something in the UK er EU. Indeed I want an accurate, display-worthy piece. I'm not that handy, so a kit is not really an option, I guess. Screwing something together is not a problem, but sading, priming, painting,... is a bridge too far for me.

So the Offworld replica is rather expensive for what you get, I hear. This is also the case for the Deluxe version? I read that this is better quality than the C version...

Tom, if you buy it directly from Off World, he will declare it for you as 'model kit' or something, with a low value. It should whiz straight past customs. Mine did anyway. Dunno if they x-ray stuff your end though.

I can get an off-world blaster from France, so that's not the problem. But I'm talking about a better prop like a RacProps version...

If the package is marked prop what happens?

Rich can mark it prop I believe because that's what it is. I think he han do a finished one but have it in a few pieces anyone can screw together.

Try and work out a way to get his new one with the removable clip. IMO that is the best one, all metal except the clip and housing as the real one was. Looks, feels, sounds like a real gun.

The other one is gonna be the same price when you are done as mentioned.

Find a way? It will be worth it.

Shipping in a few different packages??????

Thanks for the tip, maybe indeed finished, but unscrewed, so customs can see it's a movie prop, this will work... I'll contact Rich to see what is possible. Maybe he already shipped to Belgium or Europe and has experience with it...

I had one for a few weeks. It was nice for what it is, mine was pretty well made. My biggest complaint is that it way to small. It's based on a .38 frame instead of the Bulldog .44. I sold it and went all in for Richard Coyle latest version and I couldn't be happier with it. It's night and day different.

IT is too small.. Real bummer too if it were the correct size it would be an awesome replica.. I never understood why he didn't update it to the .44 frame..

Thanks for the tip, maybe indeed finished, but unscrewed, so customs can see it's a movie prop, this will work... I'll contact Rich to see what is possible. Maybe he already shipped to Belgium or Europe and has experience with it...

I think he has. As soon as I can I'm getting the updated removable clip and housing.

You won't be sorry if you get it.

I ordered from Rich a long time ago : a BR blaster and a Logan's Run flamer. They both arrived safe & sound in France without any Customs problems :cool

Got my racprops blaster yesterday. Great piece, but I kick myself for not going for the metal version, which would have been even greater! Anyway, this also is a great prop, and I'll save up to hopefully get a metal one within a few months.

Some pro's of this prop:
1. Looks absolutely stunning!!!
2. Red AND green leds work great (light up real bright).
3. Nice function is that when you insert the ammo clip (where the battery is) that the leds light up automatically when the clip is inserted.
4. The dummy rounds that are delivered with it are just perfect!
5. It has a nice heavy feel to it.
6. Although this is the "plastic" version, quite a few parts (I guess all moving parts) are in metal. The gun doesn't "feel" like plastic at all.
7. Communication and service provided by Rich is perfect! Great guy to deal with!

Only a few cons:
1. The cylinder doesn't rotate completely, due to the construction of the blaster. So you can't fill the whole cylinder with rounds because you can't reach the back compartments... On the other hand, the rounds are nice enough to display some in front of the blaster.
2. You can see the metallic paint chipping where there are moving parts. It's not very noticeable but you can see it. I guess the metal version of the gun wouldn't have this issue.

Anyway, going to save up for the metal version, and probably sell this one. If someone in Europe is interested, I payed $600 bucks for this one, including shipping, and will let it go for less (let's say $550 shipped) if someone in Europe is interested. It is in perfect state, I just want the more expensive metal version, and can't afford that one without selling this one...

Thanks for the review TomVDJ. I placed an order with Rich a few months back for an all-metal blaster, and reading others' comments about how nice his blasters are just heightens my anticipation for my own all the more.

Thanks for the review TomVDJ. I placed an order with Rich a few months back for an all-metal blaster, and reading others' comments about how nice his blasters are just heightens my anticipation for my own all the more.
Great choice! Can you post some pics here if it arrives? Especially want to know if the cilinder does turn in that version...

Making my own version of EX LAPD GAFF BLADERUNNER gun at the moment... It's coming on nicely ....

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back