Diablo 3 Demon Hunter Armor tips

peytonriley

Hello there! Me and my boyfriend want to make both the Demon Hunter costumes from Diablo 3 and i want some help on the armors, i know there are some tutorials which use eva foam, and i saw some that used wonderflex but i dont know which material that is (i think it's important to mention i'm from Argentina) so any help would be grateful cause these are very extensive costumes xD here are the ref pics:

diablo_3_demon_hunter_concept.jpg

demon-hunter-face-by-andy-brunin.jpg

Wondeflex is a thermoplastic. If you don't live in the US, the only way to get yourself some wonderflex is to go through websites as CosplaySupplies and co :)

However, Wonderflex is quite expensive, so if you are going to make a lot of armor pieces, that could cosy quite a lot of money as the price of a sheet varies between $27-50.

That material would be suitable to make the DH's non leather pieces, but you can also try to go for less expensive materials (a bit less handy, but a lot cheaper) like regular foam or evazote, plastazote that can be found in quite a few shops.

Good luck ;)

you might wanna take a look at this blog:
Kamui Cosplay

that girl didn't make exactly this costume, but similar ones (and she really enjoys helping people if they have questions)

Hello! I recently made a Demon Hunter cosplay and I think I'm quite satisfied with the results.
Here is one of the pictures Elphiria on deviantART

I was tempted to use wonderflex but calculated countless times and the cost of it for my size (and it's quite small) would not drop lower than 400 euros, so it was a no go.. Bear in mind that you need 2 pieces of this material for every part you make (one front and one back) otherwise it won't work. And I don't think you lot own a money making machine :p

My way was thin carton and papier mache. And some foam paper for the details the accessories and the boots(I believe some call it craft foam? Not sure). It cost me about 80 euros for the whole thing and that was mostly for primers and paint.

Unfortunately I don't have any tutorials but if you decide to go for this method I could gladly help! Please add on facebook if you need advice!
Lia Anagnostopoulou | Facebook
:)

Last edited:
It looks very good! What i cant get right so far are the pauldrons, especially the top part of the left one and the whole right one, and the third part of the chest armour, the one underneath all the layers, that has the boob form and then goes straight down :/ i havent tried the rest of the parts, like the thighs or the arms, and on the male demon hunter i've done the main chest piece with no trouble, the back piece ended up kinda failing so i'll have to re do that one, and my bf did the huge right pauldron and it's looking pretty good, it's still missing the topmost layer but we're getting there. I'll add you so we can chat better n.n

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back