Daryl Dixon (The Walking Dead)

photo20-2.jpg

Sheath is complete. Daryl's actual sheath is a POS from a bowie knife made in Pakistan. I wanted something that has a similar look but fits the knife and doesn't look like crap.

The maker is going to send me another one to give to Norman when I meet him. I'm sure they won't let him use it due to continuity, but that would be awesome and I can dream. Especially since my knife was used to make the pattern for it.

geminiLBblack2.jpg

Grabbed a couple of pics last night. Got my hair cut. She cut is a little short on the sides and in the front. Will grow out by the end of next month though. I have 10 more lbs to lose.

409636_4518067828896_980047080_n.jpg

269654_4518097589640_2082015099_n.jpg

Hi, new to site. I wanted to ask you what you used to make the wings out of. Also did you sew yours to the vest or did you tack yours down. I am in the process of doing it for my husbands costume this year and I like how you did yours and would like to ask your advice on what you did. Thank you. ~ erin

I cut them out of a pair of white denim jeans. On the real wings, there is a seam running down the left side of the right one a couple of inches in. I'm assuming this is what they used as well.

I didn't stitch them on because his don't look stitched. I used liquid stitch adhesive. Holding really well and allows the edges to come up a little bit like Daryl's do.

From your avatar, it looks like you are making the ears necklace?

Getting down to odds and ends. I decided to do the quiver from season 3 as well now that I have enough reference pics...even though it is crazy ugly.

554747_4661927665302_1032336660_n.jpg

Finished up some fake bolts today. Made them out of dowel rods. Figure that might increase my chances of being able to wear the crossbow at cons. Cheaper than buying real bolts in the correct color scheme too.

Hoping correct sling shows up at my house today. Going to a zombie walk tomorrow and it would be nice to have it for that.

199367_4693490814361_970474011_n.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back