Daryl Dixon (The Walking Dead)

Feezle-Nuts

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just a teaser for now.

563225_3804063779241_1206750430_33835697_1313392403_n.jpg

Haven't posted anything on here for a while.

I finally got my wings put on my vest. I weathered them today. A little too heavy on the weathering but it will fade. I just need to break in the vest now...which is difficult. I don't have too many clothes that go with a leather biker vest with wings.

photo20-1.jpg

I also bought a different knife and sold the other one. The new one has the correct handle. It is off now getting a custom sheath made and then it is being shipped back to Busse to get it refinished so it is a little more accurate.

IMG_1131Small.jpg

Wife is tired of me whining about needing a crossbow so it is time...working on that.

I'm also going to do this version so I don't have to wear long sleeves in the heat.

group-prison-760.jpg

Any ideas on that quiver? Almost looks like that green pvc?

Here is the Horton Scout. I picked this up last December, a birthday gift to myself. It is a really fun weapon, pulls 125 pounds, and gets about 225 feet per second with 22" bolts. The red dot sight is nice, too. It is not a magnified scope, btw. I am not sure exactly which sling is used on the show, but picked up one similar in appearance. Do yourself a favor and always use silicon rail lub, otherwise your serving will wear through pretty quickly.

Like nearly all crossbow, you have an effective range of about 40 meters. In a 3D deer, this bow sinks the bolts into the target about 6". Decent power, for certain.

atlatl0902.jpg

atlatl0962.jpg

Yeah, I'm going for the Scout. I modded a decent little toy crossbow a while back just in case I go places where I can't carry the real one.

It looks like you have the correct sling. Brown and camo Excalibur?

I also have the jacket he wears under the vest. I need to sand the buttons a bit to obscure the logs. Had to sand off the ones on the vest as well. Ever since season 2 they have been removing logos which makes identifying clothing a bit of a pain.

551170_3687192097522_1206750430_33772969_895372303_n.jpg

I can't recall the brand of the sling. This one was actually a shotgun sling, but the sling swivels were correct and the camo pattern seemed close to the Walking Dead weapon. Practically speaking, the weapon is very front heavy, so reversing the sling and carrying it butt up rather than butt down makes more sense, but it looks cooler on screen the way Dixon carries it.

Can you share the brand of the jacket and the vest? Also, any idea who made the work pants he wears? Boots as well. The Busse is a high-end product, for sure, so congradualations on that purchase.

I have to wonder too about the performance of the hand-made bolts he carries. They are longer than the 22" standard carbon bolts. Nice thing about crossbow bolts is you don't have to spine match them as you do with regular arrows. No archer's paradox to deal with. Those are clearly turkey feather fletchings. Probably split cedar shafts.

No idea on the pants, but if you figure it out, please let me know!

The jacket appears to be a Levis corduroy trucker. Can't tell for sure, but everything matches up.

A warning about the vest though...the snaps that they show on the site are different from the ones on the actual vest. The ones on the vest have a Street Legal logo stamped on them. I had to sand mine down and paint them.

The boot are Red Wings. I forget the model. Too rich for my blood right now. If you watch Norman's Twitter page, it appears they are his personal boots.

The belt appears to be a black security belt and it has a Brass oval buckle blank. I haven't gotten those yet.

Last edited:
I doubt the handmade bolts would actually be safe to fire. From what I have read, you don't want to fire wooden bolts from a modern crossbow.

Thanks on the brand info!

I disagree, the wooden bolts should be perfectly safe to shoot. Contrary, carbon bolts are not safe to shoot in a self bow without an arrow shelf. If a carbon bolt or arrow fractures, it will drive carbon splinters into your hand, and that would not be good. Decent wooden bolts with no grain runoff handle the forces produced by any commerical crossbow just fine. Reenforcing the knock ends pretty much eliminates the possibility of the bolt splitting there. And even if it did, your hands are well out of the way. The first time you shoot and your hand is in the path of the string, you will find out why you should never do that. Trust me. :)

I am guessing the work pants are Dickies, or a similar brand. I have a few pairs, not the color that Dixon wears, and I always call them my gas station pants. The actor has a website and I am guessing asking him would give the answer. If not, Glenn Mizara (sp?) uses Tweeter a lot, and loves interacting with fans.

Shame he didn't get back to you, but I can imagine the entire production are very busy and swamped with fan quiries. If I can ask, is the photo you posted initally from Season 3? I don't recall seeing that in the past two seasons. And you can probably guess both my wife and I are very impatient to see season 3 begin. Walking Dead is television as it can be at the highest levels of quality and complexity. Amazing ensemble, great writing, and great characters.

The prison, then. That should be amazing, and so should the introduction of the Governor. Too bad Dale is dead, so we wont have the bad meat scene when those cannibles eat part of poor Dale, nor the justice Rick metes out when he catches up to them.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back