1/700 & 1/350 scale BH Cygnus builds

Still waiting on them. The date set for delivery is today for the too big pieces and tomorrow for the "hope they're right" pieces...We'll see!:behave

Re: 1/700 & 1/350 scale BH Cygnus builds

Got the parts from shapeways today. Will try again to upload pix. Windows 10 has given me a lot of bother finding my Bluetooth files, now this site won't upload them.
Suffice to say-Martin, you're a maestro when it comes to creating this stuff. The small, upper antenna came out a treat. Sizeways they look spot-on.
Unfortunately, the lower antenna really are almost twice the size! A minor technical hitch....
Still, they can go in the "greeblies" box. They turned out very detailed, especially the outward facing pointy bit.
I think if you were to remodel the lower antenna and have the crosspiece printed at the same size as the afore-mentioned pointy bit, they might successfully print it. Best regards,

Steven.

- - - Updated - - -

CAM01422.jpg

Arrgh. I wonder why Dave and I were working to such different scales on the main antennas? Oh well, noted anyway and onwards and upwards. About to PM you btw.

Ok, it's official-shapeways will not print the revised v2 of the bottom antenna. My order was just bounced five minutes ago! Pity that- I had high hopes...

Does anyone know if the Primitive Dave files are still available ? I see his Shapeways page is dead. I got these way back when the project started, and am thinking of trying to sell them if someone could use them if the files ever come back. Such a bummer it didn't work out from re-reading this wonderful thread. These parts are just amazing.

Attachments

• cyg0.jpg
    cyg0.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 252
  • cyg1.jpg
    cyg1.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 214
  • cyg2.jpg
    cyg2.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 225
Hi, where have you made the meshes available? I would like to take a stab at printing my own. Are they free? if not, how much? Thanks again! awesome job. I love it!

All the files should be available on shapeways, bar the upper spine, which shapeways had problems with. That is NOT on Dave's shapeways shop. However, I have it saved. Barring any objections, I could forward the file to you. Materialize online were able to print that part for me, so it can be done. It seems shapeways are far to cautious about print some things. I could never understand why they would be able to print the lower spine, but not the top. Apart from a few differences, (pipes etc.) they are pretty much the same thing... As I said,
barring any objections....

Does anyone know if the Primitive Dave files are still available ? I see his Shapeways page is dead. I got these way back when the project started, and am thinking of trying to sell them if someone could use them if the files ever come back. Such a bummer it didn't work out from re-reading this wonderful thread. These parts are just amazing.

Hi,
do you still have the parts and interested to sell them?
thx

Jeff was glad the nightmare was over....
I now understand.
This will be challenging.
I've had a box made up, for the front armature part, but until the painting is done it looks as though everything is on hold.
Both primer and colour should arrive next week.
I'm going to use Vallejo primer- UK bronze green. Followed by a lot of dry brushing-Vallejo Metallic brass..
Then a swift shot of Vallejo Matt Varnish- not for me I hasten to add, I may need something stronger by then....
After that it's wiring and fitting parts- all good fun as the holes for the screws are a might tight, so some reaming out there, and it seems as though the bow and stern will be hanging by wires until they are secured, using those extremely tight-fitting screw holes....:confused

Attachments

• 20170413_143656.jpg
    20170413_143656.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 142
The good news is the painting is the easy part--the material soaks up paint like a sponge, so it's not difficult to get even the very deep levels of frame detail covered.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back