The Shredder * Update 10/11/2012

Mr.Spider

Sr Member
You are here because the outside world rejects you. THIS is your family. *I* am your father. I want you all to become full members of the Foot. There is a new enemy: freaks of nature who interfere with our business. You are my eyes and ears; find them. Together we will punish these creatures. These... turtles.

c6ccb44b.jpg

Well, I'm sure each and every one of us has multiple projects going on......So welcome !, to my distraction project. Sometimes you get so flustered with a project, you need to step back and do something else.

I've always wanted one of these helmets, the curves, the edges, the shear badass-ness of it all.
Simply put, I had no idea where to start. I haven't a clue how to scale from screenshots. I would like to know though, and hope to learn. All that aside.... our member Blackaos came around and offers these Pepakura models in the Junkyard, one of them being the infamous shredder.

pepakura-files-new-helmets-files-added-shredder-tmnt-movie-helmet-colorjpg-81030d1326472927.jpg

So. we begin, with of course a little music...... because propping in silence is no fun !

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie Theme 1 - YouTube

We of course start with the plans printed out, scissors, superglue, and for me...gloves, because I hate getting glue on my fingers : /

2bf9283b.jpg

after a couple hours of cutting, I assembled the face mask, Basically this Helmet will be in 3 pieces, mask, helmet, and forehead visor. the plan is to eventually, mold and cast them individually and do a final assembly after.
that way I can cast another and modify it into the helmet from TMNT 2.

5e869b47.jpg

Helmet, is up next.

Stay tuned for updates..........

Last edited:
Re: The Shredder

I might know a guy that could arrange such metal magic..... well the cutting at least.

I admit, that would be awesome

I was JUST talking to someone about this helmet yesterday. We both agreed it would be a great project. I will be following this closely!

I'm looking forward to watching this piece come together! Just the first few pictures alone brought back great memories of Saturday morning cartoons!

I was just thinking the other day I need to build on of these, I thought I had a file some ware but I cant find it now. Are you sharing yours?

Last edited:

In the famous words of Michelangelo "Excellent!". I always love to see project pics of one of my pep files. I to will be following along.

Alright... moving onto the helmet.

Now I will warn you, if you are going to build this file, it is best to start from the top and build down, otherwise it can get difficult if you have larger hands once you get to the smaller sections.

ONTO PICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fc093a2c.jpg

I still have no idea how I am going to affix the face mask to the inner helmet..... but I'll tackle that road when I come to it.

seriously though... this thing is huge.

99a47026.jpg

I will have to install a more stable support system before resin-ing.

The blade crown is next on the list, then resin, then time to detail.

Thanks for following.

Re: The Shredder * Update 04/27/12

I bought this pep file just recently too. I haven't had a chance to start yet because of Uni work, so it is nice to see how it will come along. I really want to do the helmet from the original TMNT, but i feel the detailing on the helmet itself will be quite hard to do. So I may go the same road as you and convert to the TMNT 2 saw blade look. For holding the face mask in I would be looking at using the same magnets that people use to hold power rangers helmets closed. I look forward to seeing this come together!

Re: The Shredder * Update 04/27/12

Alrighty, I know this has been a slow build, but All the parts are now done. The next step is to straighten it all for the resining process, make sure it's all symetrical.

ce1e3627.jpg

216b72cd-1.jpg

Re: The Shredder * Update 05/13/2012

Looks good. Are you going to do a basket style weave like the first one on the shroud or a metal armor style like the second movie?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back