The Shredder * Update 10/11/2012

Re: The Shredder * Update 05/13/2012

I will be interested to see how you achieve the weave style. Have you got any ideas so far?

I'm going to try a method using puff paint to ''sculpt'' the ''weave'' then cast it, and for the armored version, I'll simply do what the propmakers do, glue over it.

Thats not a bad idea. I considered using some kind of twine and gluing it down progressively as I wove it. Then just giving it a coat of resin. TMNT 2 Shredder is a bulk load easier I have to agree.

shoulder.jpg

this is one of deathcurses pictures so I'll remove it if he wants, but the pattern on this shoulder pad is the same pattern on the helmet. I've gotten into this discussion before and too me that doesn't look like a type of weave

Haha I have read that thread before, its like 2 years worth of arguments and pictures of chainmail. I personally dont think it is the same pattern on the helmet as is on his shoulder armour, what is similar is they way they achieved the patern - it looks like some kind of melted piped clay. But I don't know how practical that would be in a pepakura project? I really wish people have some good pictures of the original piece.

Yeah i have those pictures.... If you breakdown the pattern it looks mote like a spiderman web weave As in a series of vertical lines with swoops connecting them.

Are the pictures you have screen caps, or pictures of the prop itself? If you have pictures of the helmet I would love to see them.

Just screen caps, i dont tjink the real helmet ever made it off the set. I have never seen any pictures of the prop in the wild, unless its in a private collectors stash , its probably lost to us

I love this thing for the mask alone, I can't wait to see the finished product. Another childhood memory blast from the past, thanks.

This so far is a great build and that mask is amazing and shall look great once finished.

you are doing a damn good job so far on this costume, can't wait to see more!

103_2528.jpg
103_2540.jpg

Do you think if we asked nicely this guy would pick off the metal plates for us haha?

I had pretty much forgotten about it/assumed I had lost it in tranferring files from one computer to another from a few years back. I found it on my computer the other day now I am trying to figure out which forum I got it from and find the guy to ask for some good pics of the top of the helmet (probably the whole helmet). From memory, not only did he have this, but a case containing screen used Leo swords and a screen used Shredder claw!

Sorry to double post, but I found the guy and messaged him. Hopefully soon there are some class A pics towork off. I also asked if he could measure the metal plates on the helmet - for accuracy.

Nice close ups. This gives us a better idea of the pattern on the helmet. Looks like it could be made by hand with a bottle of Pearl dimensional fabric paint or something like that. Not sure if it would stick but it couldn't hurt and would give you that design on the helmet.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back