My BTTF Inspired Bag V2 Page 4

Let me know if mine doesn't go though. My bank checked with me to make sure it wasn't a fraudulent transaction. But I didn't see it post on your gofundme page.

UPDATE.

I have the chamber back from the plastics workshop.

Originally, this large chamber was to sit on top of my current vacuum chamber, then this happended...

attachment.php

So lucky that has now been welded up and I have had 100mm tall ribs added to base under the big chamber as well as a 1/2 tapped hole in the base.

So next is to source a connecting hose with the correct fittings and a Tee piece dual valve set up.

Attachments

• 20160831_105747.jpg
    20160831_105747.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 578
This is the under side of the big chamber.

attachment.php

Today I started work on the main tool for the vacuum form.

attachment.php

The expanding foam I used did not expand anywhere near the volume I needed (it rose about 1.5"), so either my I didn't mix it right, or i just stuffed up on the math. Anmd looking at this again, I stuffed up on the math.

If the volume of a cylinder is Pie x R^2 x D, then 3.14 x 353^2 x 150 will give cubic mm or mm^3. Divide that by 4 to work how much foam i need.

The foam I used expands 4x, and I just worked it out again, and I would need 46 litres of foam. I had just 2ltrs. EPIC FAIL. Lucky I didn't pay for the product, it was gifted to me but at $80, not buying this again.

So it looks like I will have to make a top plate from MDF that fits into this chamber, have a rectangle cut out the same size as the pipe and then split that pipe in two. Something I didn't want to do. I'll also need two side panels, but at they can be cut as rectangles and will add to holding up the top plate.

More to come.

Attachments

• 20161008_123726.jpg
    20161008_123726.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 542
  • 20161008_132803.jpg
    20161008_132803.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 572
Hi,cavx, just wondering how much you will charge for one of your bags

At this stage, I have guesstimated at about $500. P&H will be close to $200 of that due to the size of the bag. Material costs are pretty much the rest as I want to use high quality plastics (Perspex?) if I can. I want this bag to be practical (though the design itself may not be), so you take this around with you.

This is great! I haven't checked this thread in a while and recently re-discovered it. cavx, I'd defininitely be in for a run when it's all ready!!!

How are you planning on getting the lettering on it? Paint or decals?

This is great! I haven't checked this thread in a while and recently re-discovered it. cavx, I'd defininitely be in for a run when it's all ready!!!

How are you planning on getting the lettering on it? Paint or decals?

Decals for sure. If it was possible to make the letters hollow into the tool, they could be formed on the surface of the plastic which would actually reinforce the lids. But that then takes away from the screen look.

Tomorrow I get the new parts cut up and i hopefully found some cheaper hardware to get this up and running.

Gut feeling tells me I am going to have attach the base clamping plate to the chamber.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Female Tooled Vacuum Former Assembled.jpg
    Female Tooled Vacuum Former Assembled.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 412
  • Female Tooled Vacuum Former Exploded View.jpg
    Female Tooled Vacuum Former Exploded View.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 472
OK got a heap done today :)

Starting with the plumbing.
attachment.php

Then the seals and clamping frames.
attachment.php

Then how it would look with plastic and tool in place.
attachment.php

The actual tool is still being made and probably won't be ready until mid-next week. So in meantime, I will be testing with this sheet of plastic to make sure I have full seals and can get at least 15"Hg.

Attachments

• 20161026_145624.jpg
    20161026_145624.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 396
  • 20161026_145632.jpg
    20161026_145632.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 417
  • 20161026_151155.jpg
    20161026_151155.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 387
The end caps have not been drawn yet, but this is how the main body and lids should look.

attachment.php

The problem is, each part is half a cylinder with each lid being 1/4. Something needs to be more than 180 degrees of you have a weak point.
Because I am vacuum forming this, each part can only be a max of 180 degrees for the round parts. The lids of the tube bag need supports at the ends, or the lids fall in. Originally I was thinking about rings that go on the end of the body. But the issue of the making the lids longer than 90 degrees each either meant a full sheet per lid or re-think the supports. I chose the latter.

Now that I have created this model in 3D space and each component is a separate part, I can move the parts (how I was able to capture the images) and duplicate each part as required.

Attachments

• Tube Bag Update.jpg
    Tube Bag Update.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 422
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back