Battlestar Galactica current gun

lonepigeon

Master Member
I was browsing at Party City today and they had this toy "spy gun" for $12 that looked really familiar.
I believe it's the same gun they currently use on Battlestar Galactica, but I haven't been keeping up with the model changes. Could they actually just be modifying these exact toy guns?

It looks like the one at xxxxxx here:
(link to banned member removed)
I don't know how accurate theirs is, but it's the only pic I could find on the web of the gun I'm talking about.
(Didn't mean to post to a bad dealer site, just wanted a pic to illustrate what I was talking about.)

Does anyone have some good screen caps of the current model gun?
Looking for reference of the real props.

The toy gun at Party City is pretty nice with working trigger and clicking noise.
I thought it'd be a nice simple prop and if they make the TV props from the same toy even better.

The base gun is the F N five-seven. It looks like the only thing they did to it was mount the explosive round launcher under the barrel.

Personally, I hate it. The ones from the miniseries and season 1 were clam-shells over a revolver. You can't have a big gun fight when you have to take the gun apart every 5 or 6 shots, so they had to change it. However, they really should have done more to the five-seven. It looks too mundane. The ones from the miniseries and season had a great "futuristic-yet-functional" look.

{Edit in}
Here's a decent pic of one:
http://www.remtek.com/arms/fn/57/

Thanks. I wonder if they're using castings of real guns, airsofts, or toys on the show.
I like the earlier guns much better too. I just thought for $12 the toy gun would make an easy prop.
The plastic is actually pretty nice, not cheap feeling (and has a working trigger as many people like).
It looked very realistic.

Anyone trustworthy make kits or parts?
I could scratchbuild the explosive round launcher, but even easier if someone has them done up.

<div class='quotetop'>(lonepigeon @ Oct 16 2006, 09:03 PM) [snapback]1339494[/snapback]</div>
Thanks. I wonder if they're using castings of real guns, airsofts, or toys on the show.
I like the earlier guns much better too. I just thought for $12 the toy gun would make an easy prop.
The plastic is actually pretty nice, not cheap feeling (and has a working trigger as many people like).
It looked very realistic.

Anyone trustworthy make kits or parts?
I could scratchbuild the explosive round launcher, but even easier if someone has them done up.
[/b]

They use real guns and resin casts. There's been a lot of shooting in episodes, and Adm. Cain had a holstered pistol with a nasty seam line in the grip. There's times they've shown a sidearm being ****** so it'd have to be real. No airsoft is currently available of the pistol itself. Apparently there's a kit out there to convert an airsoft M92 into a FN Five Seven, not sure on that.

PtByNmbrs did/does offer a nice one. That's what I have an I'm pleased with it. A couple banned members make them too, but the explosive round launcher on theirs are undersized and far too rounded.

I think they use rubber cast, not resin cast for the stunt guns.

They shoot this in Canada, and the armorers there are pretty old school, steel and rubber.

Here are a few shots of the FN five seven in commercial form.

57real.jpg

FN%20Five-seveN.jpg

FSN4.jpg

PISTOL%205_7%20_20_MUN4.jpg

Yup, it shoots HIGH velocity rifle rounds, basically.

The launcher on the bottom is a custom add on for the show.

Njc-----------------------

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back