Avengers Movie SPOILER Thread

Read this earlier today.

"Three years ago Disney paid $4 billion for Marvel. In just ten days, AVENGERS made 16% of that".

That doesn't factor in the actual cost of the movie.
That's right, if we cut out the $220 million production budget from the current total of $640 million it stands at 10.5% of what Disney paid Marvel. Still very impressive and Disney obliviously got a great deal in retrospective.

And it's frakin' amazing either way.

Can we just like this movie for a few days in this thread before we rip it all up?

Please.

Pepper Potts in those shorts should be blotting out any of your fanboyish tentencies. I mean really!!!

I'd love to see Agent Coulson resurrected by Hank pym into Vision.

Also Nathan Fillion as Hank Pym ;)

I honestly don't see it happening in the sequel if Thanos is going to be the primary adversary. It would seem to me that the Infinity Gauntlet and Gems will be in play and that would/should involve Adam Warlock, Death and maybe Titanians. And possibly an introduction to the Guardians of the Galaxy. Pure speculation, of course.

That's right, if we cut out the $220 million production budget from the current total of $640 million it stands at 10.5% of what Disney paid Marvel. Still very impressive and Disney obliviously got a great deal in retrospective.

It costs around a $100 million to advertise the film, and that's just domestically. And there are other costs, as well, so your figures are still off, and by a large margin.

The Wook

I think the guy from Oz, Lost, etc would be a good Black Panther
mr-eko.jpg

And it's frakin' amazing either way.

Can we just like this movie for a few days in this thread before we rip it all up?

Please.

Pepper Potts in those shorts should be blotting out any of your fanboyish tentencies. I mean really!!!
Forgot about those shorts!! ...not mention the skin tight suits sported by Black Widow and Maria Hill.

Nom, indeed.

I'm going for a second viewing in a little bit.

Great analysis on the exchange between Steve Rogers and Tony Stark

It costs around a $100 million to advertise the film, and that's just domestically. And there are other costs, as well, so your figures are still off, and by a large margin.
You're correct about other costs, but I was not really going for overall profits after cost deductions. The initial numbers are correct and were posted only to compare the current accumulated gross in relation to the amount Disney paid. i.e. 640 million is 16% of 4 billion or 420 million is 10.5% of 4 billion.

Since Kevin Feige recently confirmed they are now closer to getting Ant-Man made by Edgar Wright, I wonder if we will see it happen before Avengers 2.

Honestly, I just can't see Ant Man as a stand alone film. I can only see him as part of the Avengers. Don't get crazy on us Marvel, not every hero needs a stand alone film, unless of course we are talking about the Freakin MooCriket. That guy could pull it off. Beast!

Djimon would be good as Black Panther, as would AAA (Mr. Eko from Lost) but if Joss is directing, and since he tends to be very loyal to his actors, my vote would be Chiwetel Ejiofor.

Operative.jpg

Doesn't Amen-Ra Productions hold the movie rights to Black Panther? Which is owned by Wesley Snipes? And if it was, did the rights revert back to Marvel? Even though Snipes is in prison (release is sometime 2013, I believe), I always thought he was perfect to play T'Challa.

Last edited:
I would like to see Wasp in the next one too.

After seeing Hulk in The Avengers, I now have hope they can make a decent Thing in The Fantastic Four if they ever try to properly reboot that one.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back