Terminator Summer Glau Bust

Thanks Rob!
:thumbsup

Thanks! Yeap its Alclad! Been playing around with the gloss black base coat, I just tried some Alclad Gloss Black and was not very impressed with it. The best Gloss black i have used so far is Humbrol Gloss Black.

For what I have read and seen(which is a lot) the best base coat to use are the expensive high gloss base coats they use on cars. Also it doesn't have to be a black base, can also use gray and even white... those will make it an even brighter(perhaps too bright even) finish. For my M1 terminator skull build I have been toying with the idea of using a black and a gray base coat and make it more contrasty from the start.

Keep up the good work :) It really does look like actual metal :D

Amazing job! As you modeled the mechanical parts? are made by hand or with stereolithography?

Thanks daredevil665! I've used a combination of Kit bashing, scratch building, laser cuting, laser etching, a bit of sculpting and the top of a pen. Any technique I can use to get the job done really.

Almost finished the base. I’m going to be taking it to the London sci-fi and comic con next week to hopefully get signed by Summer Glau.

DSC00711_zps15fcc971.jpg

DSC00711_zps15fcc971.jpg

DSC00711_zps15fcc971.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've finally painted one of these kits up and thought i'd post some pictures. I'm also offering these as kits or built and painted. I'll post details in the Junkyard shortly.

Thanks for looking

Pete

Summer.JPG DSC07470.JPG DSC07234.JPG
DSC07268.JPGDSC07434.JPGDSC07397.JPG

Looks excellent Matthew! What paint did you use for the machine parts? Its gone on nice and smooth.
Pete

Thanks.

Its aerosol stuff. The top and base were painted with Halfords silver wheel trim paint over a coat of white gloss. The stuff is very hardy and doesn't like to run its great. I used their anthrocite wheel trim on a P1 bio and it came out great.

The guts I did with Valspar Aero chrome enamel over an enamel black gloss. That too surprised me, you have to be a lot more careful in spraying but it dried very solid, doesn't seem to dull or take on fingerprints with handling, not that i can see anyway.

With a couple of house moves I somehow lost the parts for the top corners, so I cast the bottom of my torch which happened to be the same diameter and looks quite industrial.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back