Terminator Summer Glau Bust

Thanks Contec, i do have a small update. started on the hair.

DSC05648.jpg
DSC05646.jpg

And... Subscribe!
At first I wasnt completely seeing the likeness, but in these last shots - Very Nice.
Sculpture done in standard Super Sculpey?
-EDIT: Just checked the first post again, and you say youre using Super Sculpey; and since its gray, Im assuming its Sculpey Firm, correct? Much preferable to the softer pink Sculpey?

And what did you end up using for the hair?

Cheers

Last edited:
And... Subscribe!
At first I wasnt completely seeing the likeness, but in these last shots - Very Nice.
Sculpture done in standard Super Sculpey?
-EDIT: Just checked the first post again, and you say youre using Super Sculpey; and since its gray, Im assuming its Sculpey Firm, correct? Much preferable to the softer pink Sculpey?

And what did you end up using for the hair?

Cheers

Thanks renesw! I'm using the pink stuff but i've mixed in some white and black Fimo, also for the hair. I've not used the Sculpey Firm before, is it any good?

I must agree with renesw!
The hair really does the trick! Looking really good and great resemblance!

Thanks Chanfan!

Thanks renesw! I'm using the pink stuff but i've mixed in some white and black Fimo, also for the hair. I've not used the Sculpey Firm before, is it any good?

My bad for not being clearer, I was actually asking you if Sculpey Firm is better/easier to use, but youre on the pink stuff, so never mind :)
I´m just looking for input on whether I should use pink or gray, as it seems that the pink is easily warped while just working with it, and that its supposedly hard to make out details while sculpting. You´ve solved the latter, by mixing in black/white Fimo (just Fimo classic?).

Anyways, Im gonna end up having to use Pink Sculpey, as its the only kind I get my hands on in Denmark (from UK Amazon actually) so guess that its a moot point. It just seems to me with the pink stuff, that just adding clay to a sculpt and blending it in, could be enough to warp a headsculpt for example. But seeing what youre doing with it, with this and the Guyver sculpt, it clearly can be done..

To be honest it's quite limited what we can get in the uk. It's slowly getting better but until fairly recently we only had mud and hubabuba to use! Well not really but it felt like it sometimes.

No I’ve not used the grey stuff, but have heard mixed things about it. I get along quite well with the pink supersculpey, I add the fimo classic to it, and use an armature with it, but it definitely has its limits.

A lot of people seem to be using wax these days and seem to be getting on well with it though. Might be worth trying that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, you say this is your first likeness sculpt? This is fabulous work, and it's not even finished yet. The sculpted hair is starting to look terrific, too! This will be a winning piece for sure.

You're right on the money saying that likeness sculpts are ridiculously difficult. Just the slightest deviation can throw off the look of the person being replicated. I've worked on a Captain Nemo bust from Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea but never finished it. It was too much of a time hog and I lost interest. Keep up the masterful work my friend!

-AL

Dying for an update :)

Small update for you! Finished the endo parts. Just got to mould this part and the other bits.

Dude, you say this is your first likeness sculpt? This is fabulous work, and it's not even finished yet. The sculpted hair is starting to look terrific, too! This will be a winning piece for sure.

You're right on the money saying that likeness sculpts are ridiculously difficult. Just the slightest deviation can throw off the look of the person being replicated. I've worked on a Captain Nemo bust from Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea but never finished it. It was too much of a time hog and I lost interest. Keep up the masterful work my friend!

-AL

Thanks Al! Yeah, done that loads on this sculpt. It starts to look like her and then wham! it suddenly looks more like Kim Jong-il! Thanks again!

DSC05780.jpg

DSC05759.jpg

Never saw the series, but this is an awesome bust and the reference image is amazing...makes me want to watch the series....
J

Thanks J! You should watch the series, it's very good!

Looking awesome mate well done !! You know i want one :)

Thanks judgedredd!

I am blown away , this is amazing! Likeness is spot on! Check your PM.
Steve

Thanks Steve!

Finished the hair, although i've since cooked it and it needs a little fixing. Next pictures should be of it finished with the base.

Cheers

Pete

DSC05711.jpg

DSC05710.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back