Terminator Summer Glau Bust

She's out of the oven and no cracks formed! Yay!

I Definitely think it helps not moving Super Sculpey sculps and leaving it in the oven overnight to cool.

Just started sanding the ends of the arms and ribs to the correct shape.

Last edited by a moderator:
i can now sleep easy :)
keep the pictures coming! are you hollowing the underneath slightly ?

She's out of the oven and no cracks formed! Yay!

I Definitely think it helps not moving Super Sculpey sculps and leaving it in the oven overnight to cool.

Just started sanding the ends of the arms and ribs to the correct shape.

toooooo cool.

That last photo where you have the PS hair in place really shows that your coming together on this. Little bit more effort and it will be better than the original, and easier to smuggle thru customs~ lol

Did you get skin textures in before baking or will you add them later?
The original has some very strange wrinking in the right diaphram and under the breast.... as though she might have had a corset bra on before they did the body casting.....or its a scar..... or it was just wrinkling in the molding material....~

No matter what I have always loved this design and wanted to make something like it

So I'll keep an eye out for more fun photos from you

Thanks Bats! I thought about adding pores and fine texturing, but looking at the photos of her and the scale of this sculpt I thought I’d play it safe and not add to much. I have however put some fine lines around her forehead and neck.

I've finished sanding the arms and ribs and think this is ready to mould.

Pete

Summer.jpg

Sorry Bats, yeah you're right, the original does have some weird lines under the breast. Not sure what that's about really? I've not added them.

I gotta say, I've been really impressed with the way this has been turning out. I've been subbed to another thread based on the same subject and it has never even come close to what you've achieved here. Great job :thumbsup

better without wrinkles:)
What are your plans for the hair?
Looking great by the way :)

Thanks JD! I'm going to mould and cast this and sculpt the hair and endo parts from the cast. I've also ordered some real hair to see what it looks like.

I gotta say, I've been really impressed with the way this has been turning out. I've been subbed to another thread based on the same subject and it has never even come close to what you've achieved here. Great job :thumbsup

Thanks epilepticsquirl, glad you like how it's turning out!

Can the mouth open? LOL.
JK. Great work.

Lol! Steve... it's the wrong scale...:facepalm

Just got the first cast out of the mould. I'm really happy with the cast, no air bubbles at all. There is a slight seam at the back but I think this was because the mould and mother mould were slightly misaligned.

I've really quickly gone over her eyes and eye brows with a pencil and very roughly added the real hair to see what I would look like.

I can start on the endo parts now.

Thank for lookin!

Pete

DSC05302.jpg

DSC05295.jpg

Looks a good cast :) are you going to do a sculpted hair option as well? perhaps its possible to do a removable hair sculpt?

Just got the first cast out of the mould. I'm really happy with the cast, no air bubbles at all. There is a slight seam at the back but I think this was because the mould and mother mould were slightly misaligned.

I've really quickly gone over her eyes and eye brows with a pencil and very roughly added the real hair to see what I would look like.

I can start on the endo parts now.

Thank for lookin!

Pete

DSC05302.jpg

DSC05295.jpg

Yeap, i'm going to do sculpted hair which will be removable.

Not 100% sure how to do it though. I can't sculpt it onto this resin cast and bake it as it'll melt. Think i'm going to do a plaster cast of the bust then sculpt the hair on that which should be ok in the oven i guess?

you could do it in milliput put a layer of clingfilm over bust sculpt onto it then it will just come off easily.you only get a few hours to work on it though but you could make a basic under coat and fine sculpt onto it after?

Yeap, i'm going to do sculpted hair which will be removable.

Not 100% sure how to do it though. I can't sculpt it onto this resin cast and bake it as it'll melt. Think i'm going to do a plaster cast of the bust then sculpt the hair on that which should be ok in the oven i guess?

I've been peaking in now and then and this looks awesome. I wasn't a huge fan of the show but I loved that promo poster, and most anything else endo related.

damn cool stuff!

Thanks Zendragon!

you could do it in milliput put a layer of clingfilm over bust sculpt onto it then it will just come off easily.you only get a few hours to work on it though but you could make a basic under coat and fine sculpt onto it after?

This might work. But i could just use a thin layer of milliput almost like a template, then sculpt the sculpey over that. Milliput doesn't seem to mind being cooked. Hmmmm?

The sculpt is excellent the wig just needs a Brazilian Blowout with some conditioner Lol.

Thanks Ray! Yeah it could do with twiking a bit! :lol :facepalm

I've been peaking in now and then and this looks awesome. I wasn't a huge fan of the show but I loved that promo poster, and most anything else endo related.

Thanks Wes, glad you like it!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back