Iron Man Mark III pepakura full armor

Yeah, I didn't upload my calf yet since it would be useless without my thigh (which is a work in progress right now). They will come soon though as I'll need to build them myself!

If you're in a hurry, get zabana's .. they quite similar to mine and you have the whole leg available.
http://www.therpf.com/f24/zabana-s-iron-man-wip-boots-finished-76175/index9.html#post2210104

O i see looking forward to see the final product ;)
I have downloaded zabana legs already.
Thanks

That will not work with different files or even like files, unless they were all modeled at the same time they will import on a different section or scale.

That will not work with different files or even like files, unless they were all modeled at the same time they will import on a different section or scale.

Exactly,
I would like files that have been done by the same person or at the same time.
All i need this is to have an approximately of each pieces ratio percentage and than i can change/edit each pieces individual but i will know that it have to be for example 0.9235 the %
Understand what i mean Finhead?

You don't need a full model for that. If you use all of DF's files they are all the same scale. Find what works for you on each piece, it's as simple as that. An over all scale is nice but each section/piece will need to be tweaked as you go. The defualt scale is for someone right around 6' with an average build. Stealths scale is for someone around 5'7" ish which I think it 1.42 or something like that (you'll have to download one of his modded files) So that gives you a range to work with and should cover what you need. Just remember measure the length of what your trying to fit and scale it for that piece, it works fairly well for most pieces.

Also use the measurement tool in Pep Designer .. it's super useful and I'm using it a lot .. I find it way easier and accurate vs the paper and rule method.

It's in the 2d menu or right click context menu in the 2D viewport.

You don't need a full model for that. If you use all of DF's files they are all the same scale. Find what works for you on each piece, it's as simple as that. An over all scale is nice but each section/piece will need to be tweaked as you go. The defualt scale is for someone right around 6' with an average build. Stealths scale is for someone around 5'7" ish which I think it 1.42 or something like that (you'll have to download one of his modded files) So that gives you a range to work with and should cover what you need. Just remember measure the length of what your trying to fit and scale it for that piece, it works fairly well for most pieces.

Hey Finhead,
All i want to know is an over all scale and than i will tweaked each piece as i go on. I mean i would like to know what is the scale for someone 5'8" ,can you give me a link please because he have to many post :p

Also use the measurement tool in Pep Designer .. it's super useful and I'm using it a lot .. I find it way easier and accurate vs the paper and rule method.

I didn't know this i will sure give it a look.
Thanks a lot Bigturc

Hey Bigturc,
Which tool you are talking about because i tryed to find it but there is nothing in the 2D Menu related to "measurement tool" can you tell me how to find this tool please, i am using pepakura designer 3

You couldn't find it? Did you look? It's right there at the bottom of the edit mode, about as easy to find as it gets first tab on the 2Dmenu.

Measure-1.jpg

It's part of Designer 3.

As I previously said, it's also in the right context menu. A little exploration goes a long way guys! ;) Read the Pepakura threads around, that's the best way to learn things on your tools!

Ziffa, check the Tamasoft web site .. it's really all there:

Update History
Ver.3.1.0

- A menu to export the unfolded pattern separately into multiple DXF files was added as [File]-[Export]-[Vector Format]-[Multi-Files DXF].
-The part which is selected on the 2D Window is highlighted on the 3D Window.
-A menu to check the overlapping parts was added as [2D Menu]-[Check Overlapping Parts].
-Double-clicking an edge on the 3D Window before unfolding selects multiple edges on the edge-ring at a time.
-An edit mode on which measures the distance between two points was added as [2D Menu]-[Edit Mode]-[Measure Distance between Two Points].

Hey Bigturc,
I think i know what the problem was and i fix it.
I had an old version (Ver.3.0.8) now i have update it and all is good.
Thnaks a lot Bigturc again ;)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back