Now that's a Knife - My Crocodile Dundee replica

Vitriol

Hello all,
This is my first thread so please be gentle.
I've always been a fan of the Crocodile Dundee movies.. Well the first two anyways and I've always loved his knife, probably the former Marine in me.
Anyway I found a replica of the knife used in the first two movies. It's not a show piece either it's a practical knife. It comes with a leather sheath (not from the movie but ok) and the sharpening steel used in the second movie.
It's stats are as follows;
Overall length: 16”
Blade length 11”
Blade thickness: 6mm
Weight 800 g / 28.2 oz
Material: 440C dual heat treated (edge 58-59 RC / back 45-46 RC)
Solid brass guard and pommel, ebony & leather handle.

So here it is, brought to the world by Down Under Knives.

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2635-1.jpg

CrocodileDundee-Thatsaknifescene-8x6.jpg

Crocodile_Dundee_2.jpg

Cool. May I ask where you acquired that?
I have replica (not Jimmy Lile) RAMBO FIRST BLOOD, RAMBO FIRST BLOOD PART II and RAMBO III knives all with a certificate.

Good find either way. Andy's is probably a little more accurate.

That's because the one in Andy's link IS a screen used knife.

The Down Under Outback is a very well made knife designed for use and not display like most movie replicas. The sheath does let it down slightly as it doesn't match the construction and manufacturing detail of the knife.

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but here is a knife [top] I'd like to get my hands on
attachment.php

...well until I learned it is about $4500!

$ 4500.00 and you would never get your knife.

Stay far far far away from Jack!

Really? So how much for the real deal? And to think back in 1994 I owned a Chinese copy. The blade was close [mean looking], but I gave the thing away because I despised the handle which was mostly brass.

Real deal?

Jack is the real deal he is the one who made that knife.

I have a Predator machete and battle baton in my collection that he made for me before he started being a thief.

The only way to get those knives is to look on the secondary market and people tend to hold on to those

Really? So how much for the real deal? And to think back in 1994 I owned a Chinese copy. The blade was close [mean looking], but I gave the thing away because I despised the handle which was mostly brass.

Well Andy's being screen used is probably why his is more accurate.

And the sheath is a bit of a let down sadly. So is not having been mugged yet so I can actually pull it out and use the line that goes with it. Although being 6'2 245lbs it's unlikely I'll be mugged anytime soon.....dang it.

Congrats man. It's beautiful. I've been wanting to get one of these knives for quite a while now, but it always seems like there's just one more prop that I ''have'' to acquire before I'm actually able to get around to buying one. :lol From all of the research that I've done, this is about as close as you can get to a Crocodile Dundee knife without having one custom made, and they definitely look like they're built to last! (Here are some pictures that I had saved on my computer from the manufacturer.) Thanks for the review Vitriol! :thumbsup

View attachment 90235View attachment 90236View attachment 90237View attachment 90239View attachment 90238

Thanks Adam c.

I haven't put the knife through the paces yet but I plan on it and if the review video on YouTube has anything to say about this knife then it's going to withstand anything I can do to it. Just for example they go through 3" of fresh wood in about 12 seconds. A grown man stands on the blade while another stands on the tang without the knife even thinking of bending. It's definitely a very close replica of the Crocodile Dundee knife in looks.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back