real life Disney princesses (and Jessica Rabbit!!)

Pocahontas looks more asian than native american. They're cute but i'm more into the girl next door nerdy type.

(Native Americans came from Asia)

Jessica is photoshopped all to hell. And that is not Jasmine's nose!

That said, these are pretty damn awesome.

(Native Americans came from Asia)

Jessica is photoshopped all to hell. And that is not Jasmine's nose!

That said, these are pretty damn awesome.

Oh i know she just looks more straight from Asia than most native american women you see. Then again genetics is an odd thing. Still at least it was someone who fit the part for once and not just some white girl with a suntan :lol

She's not bad. She's just photoshopped that way. :)

All of these girls look great! A lot of craftsmanship went into their costumes. :thumbsup

I don't know how to put this in the nicest way possible...but I saw some of the behind the scenes of Rapunzel and her costume was photoshopped almost as much, if not more than the entire Jessica Rabbit photo... >_>

The actual costume...

The photos...

Not trying to sound rude or nitpick! As a matter of fact, I'd say he's about as good at post-editing as he is the actual photography! :) ( Though I won't hide it, I am nitpicking because I'm STILL working on my own Rapunzel costume... SO I HAD TO NOTICE!...Though they may have very well remade the whole thing before the shoot and maybe that was just a ... draft costume...I dunno )

Honestly, photographers photoshopping their pictures to that extend should seriously be dropped from use. I hate photoshopped pictures like that and the fact the photographer doesn't see anything wrong in it, is just sad. And he's not really doing a very good job with the photoshopping, as it stands out that it's photoshopped as a sore thumb.

For the most part I prefer the original photo to the photoshopped train wreck anytime. Show the real one rather than the fake.

Wish they would do the peasant/poor girl version's I always loved the simple girl next door type way more then once they became princess.

did you know that in europe, countries are starting to forbid photoshopped pics in magazines? i was quite surprised when hearing that on the news, but its actually a pretty valid point.
a) you dont have to buy the product on the intent that it will work as pictured
b) you wont have the problem with people picking their role models after the shopped pics, because now you can see imperfection
c) photographers have to work for their pics, and not add anything in post.

i think its brilliant

I don't know how to put this in the nicest way possible...but I saw some of the behind the scenes of Rapunzel and her costume was photoshopped almost as much, if not more than the entire Jessica Rabbit photo... >_>

The actual costume...

The photos...

Not trying to sound rude or nitpick! As a matter of fact, I'd say he's about as good at post-editing as he is the actual photography! :) ( Though I won't hide it, I am nitpicking because I'm STILL working on my own Rapunzel costume... SO I HAD TO NOTICE!...Though they may have very well remade the whole thing before the shoot and maybe that was just a ... draft costume...I dunno )

Cool, thanks for sharing. Do you also have the Jessica Rabbit model pics pre-photoshop? If so, I'd like four 8 x 10s, two 5 x 7s, and 16 wallet-sized.

The Wook

did you know that in europe, countries are starting to forbid photoshopped pics in magazines? i was quite surprised when hearing that on the news, but its actually a pretty valid point.
a) you dont have to buy the product on the intent that it will work as pictured
b) you wont have the problem with people picking their role models after the shopped pics, because now you can see imperfection
c) photographers have to work for their pics, and not add anything in post.

i think its brilliant
There's nothing like the real world... it trumps the fake lifeless junk anytime.

Honestly, photographers photoshopping their pictures to that extend should seriously be dropped from use. I hate photoshopped pictures like that and the fact the photographer doesn't see anything wrong in it, is just sad. And he's not really doing a very good job with the photoshopping, as it stands out that it's photoshopped as a sore thumb.

For the most part I prefer the original photo to the photoshopped train wreck anytime. Show the real one rather than the fake.
I agree. If a photographer has to do that much work after the fact, he/she chose the wrong model, the wrong costume/wardrobe, or doesn't have what it takes to be a professional photographer and needs to find another career.

Photo retouching is nothing new, however. Before digital photography and Photoshop there was airbrushing, before that there was hand-painted retouching, and so on. Two or three minor corrections I don't mind so much, but when it looks like the entire photo had to be retouched I don't see the point.

I just think in this case it's almost more fair to say it's fan-art than 'real life' princess photos.

Wook, I thought it was kinda funny...that pre-shopped pic is on the photogs website. I don't know much about him and the only reason I know OF him is the Disney stuff...but maybe he takes pride in his photoshop skills? Or maybe he just thought no crazy costume person would point out how much it was changed... >_>

I agree. If a photographer has to do that much work after the fact, he/she chose the wrong model, the wrong costume/wardrobe, or doesn't have what it takes to be a professional photographer and needs to find another career.

Photo retouching is nothing new, however. Before digital photography and Photoshop there was airbrushing, before that there was hand-painted retouching, and so on. Two or three minor corrections I don't mind so much, but when it looks like the entire photo had to be retouched I don't see the point.

It all depends on the purpose for which the image was created my friend, not about the photographer. If a client comes to me with a commission for an idealized portrait then so be it and break out the photoshop. If the image is for a newspaper and they want me to cover an event and capture raw essence of the scene, then contrast and color corrections aside, i keep the photoshop to a minimum. Saying a photographer needs to pick a different career if they need photoshop for a better image is similar to saying they need to choose a different career because they needs to change to a different lense because the current one does not give the desired effect.

It all depends on the purpose for which the image was created my friend, not about the photographer. If a client comes to me with a commission for an idealized portrait then so be it and break out the photoshop. If the image is for a newspaper and they want me to cover an event and capture raw essence of the scene, then contrast and color corrections aside, i keep the photoshop to a minimum. Saying a photographer needs to pick a different career if they need photoshop for a better image is similar to saying they need to choose a different career because they needs to change to a different lense because the current one does not give the desired effect.
We are talking about the extent of photoshop done to the pictures in the OP link and photoshop done in fashion magazines, not tiny retouching and color corrections here and there.

I went to a media school here and the amount of photoshopping going on and being taught and why it was said to be needed was sickening - the whole concept of its use is just wrong, when students are being spoonfed with the notion that flaws and natural shapes and natural look and color is ugly.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back