Shadowrun RPG crowdfunding

It seems to have slowed a lot compared to Returns but like i've said January isn't the best time for this sort of thing as people are just now getting the credit card bills from the holidays. They'd have been better to wait a few months i think. I like the idea of the mini campaign but i agree that's a lot of money for something that small, it's not like where they had cash left and made dragonfall director's cut.

I was looking at the SR wiki for a list of the books and it's barely complete compared to stuff i've seen had which annoyed me. Still as long as the quality keeps up i'm going to keep backing SR projects even if not at such a high level. Something that has surprised me is that at the high end of the tiers they don't have physical copies of the game offered. On a side note i'm now compelled to collect the miniatures to go with everything else lol. Now if i can just find the last 2 duels figures without them being 300.00.

Last edited:
They did it, just passed $700,000 and all stretch goals funded. Everything else now is just icing on the cake.

This one sure slowed down for a bit compared to last time but like i said this is the time of year that xmas bills come in plus some may have been waiting to see where it went before adding theirs. I need to back more RPGs on kickstarter, it's the only way to get my turn based gaming kicks anymore lol

Well they're just about to cross the $900,000 mark, but I doubt they're going to make it to $1,000,000 in the six remaining days.

They did add a new reward tier at $65.

Maybe with some luck they'll have enough left over to do that mini mission anyhow. Yeah i saw that new tier when i was looking last night, it's good that they added that folks who wanted to donate more but not a ton. You get more supporters if you have a few more options. Still I am a bit surprised that it's not getting funded like the last time. Not sure if it's the time of year with bills or people not liking the last ones.

I think it has more to do with the time of year. The only reason I was able to pledge so much is because my family doesn't celebrate Christmas anymore, so my credit card has remained in the black.

lol I was already so far in the red with the family card after the holidays and i think with this and the final fantasy that hits next month it'll be next august before i'm paid off. There's also the fact that i think when SR returns was funded the first time it was close to tax time here in the US i think so folks were able to use their spare cash. Edit: they just added an out of print anthology to the rewards list. I'm going to need a dvd just to back up all the books they're adding lol

Last edited:
The book they added is one I just recently bought on Ebay. It was the first full Shadowrun novel I read and I think may have been the first novel in the series. Pretty decent, a series of short stories that are all connected to each other.

Wow, I'm surprised, they may actually make it to the $1 million mark. Three days to go and there has already been a big bump in pledging. Only $50,000 left to go.

I really regret trading in my SR and battletech novels, back in the 90s i had a bunch of both but mostly SR novels. They sure are better than the newer ones I've read. I brought my SR: Duels figures down from the attic, no place to put them just yet but figured i'd bring them down before they got buried. Part of the surge could be folks got paid yesterday and today and may have been waiting.

Wow, $4000 left to go and at this rate I think it will happen overnight tonight. I mentioned on the Kickstarter I was present when both Shadowrun Online and Shadowrun Returns successfully received their funding and within minutes after both successes thank you videos popped up from the devs, so I fully expect the Harebrained staff are watching close tonight.

They seem to be paying alot of attention as they've been doing the behind the scenes stuff. I'm always fascinated by that part as i heard horror stories about gave development from one of my teachers in art school who had worked on playstation games. I have no doubt they'll make it. I posted on other forums about the kickstarter but not sure if anyone got into it.

That is neat but we'd be even closer to Shadowrun style cybernetics if more money was put into it but so far Darpa's hoarding all the research.

I think we'll see a lot of Shadowrun technology in the future, not just in cybernetics. Some technology Shadowrun featured when it first started up, now actually exists and is widely used today.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back