Shadowrun RPG crowdfunding

I've been extremely impressed with Harebrained, offering a director's cut of Dragonfall not to just backers but anyone who bought it digitally free is pretty impressive. Most companies would charge you for it. I am kinda sad that we're never going to see Kitsune from the SNES game again. It'd be nice to see them tie things together more with the Sega game. Now if someone could just give us that sega cd version of shadowrun i'd be happy lol. Harebrained needs to do a kickstarter to totally buy back the rights to Shadowrun so they don't have to deal with microsoft anymore. Then someone can do it for battletech.

I didn't even get an email for it. I can't say i'm impressed with the tier rewards this time. I'm tempted to do 35.00

Last edited:
I didn't even get an email for it. I can't say i'm impressed with the tier rewards this time. I'm tempted to do 35.00

They haven't sent the e-mails out yet, I was actually just waiting on the forums as they were counting down to the launch.
I currently put in at the $225 level. They need to add some stuff between $225 and $500. I am so into the idea of being put into the game as an NPC.

lol so that's you who mentioned that in the comments, i'm the one complaining that the rewards weren't that impressive this time lol. I love the download a out of print book feature, hate to tell them but nearly every out of print SR book is online free.

It is nice but you could probably get one made for half that. I'd have liked another t-shirt like the last one. I missed out on the dogtags. I wish these companies would stop making you donate 100.00 or more to get your name in the credits or mentioned. Wasteland 2 made you donate 150 to get mentioned as if smaller donations didn't matter. Come to think of it i need to finish dragonfall director's cut.

It is nice but you could probably get one made for half that. I'd have liked another t-shirt like the last one. I missed out on the dogtags. I wish these companies would stop making you donate 100.00 or more to get your name in the credits or mentioned. Wasteland 2 made you donate 150 to get mentioned as if smaller donations didn't matter. Come to think of it i need to finish dragonfall director's cut.

Well yes, but then that would defeat the purpose of helping to fund the game. I did get the dogtags and all three t-shirts from the first game. I haven't even heard when the Shadowrun Online backer rewards are shipping, but I got the hoodie and t-shirts they offered as well. I also need to finish Dragonfall Director's Cut, I am almost through my second play-through of Dead Man's Switch on the hardest difficulty setting.

I need to start a backer fund just in case stuff catches my eye, i just can't swing 250 this close after christmas. The credit card wasn't happy about 55 lol

I had no doubt they'd manage it, they impressed a lot of folks with the director's cut and giving it free to folks who bought the main game. I hate having to fire up steam to play the fan made stuff though, i can't wait to see the fan remake of the snes game. Kinda surprised they didn't tie the game into the genesis one more. I really wish they could bring over the sega cd one from japan somehow.

Funding slowly creeping up to the $550,000 mark. Only three more stretch goals to unlock. HBS has hinted on the Kickstarter forum they may add some more incentives to some of the reward tiers as well. I'd be willing to bump up to the Prime Runner tier if they tweak some of the rewards.

I'm hoping that they'll let us boost our backing later on, it worked well for Wasteland 2, that way i can add too it once i free up more cash. I really want to get the action figure tier. I have all but 2 of the Shadowrun Duels figures, talk about expensive.

Well i got the okay to up the backing to 225 on the credit card but then i got cut off because 500 was out of the question lol

Last edited:
Welcome to The Fixer tier. I do hope they add a tier between Fixer and Prime Runner, like $350. I could swing that for the right reward offer. I was really interested in the $500 tier reward of having your personal Shadowrunner included in the upcoming ebook, but I'm afraid it may amount simply to a one off name mention since the author has to include so many people already, and that wouldn't be worth it to me. One thing I hinted at on the Kickstarter forum was perhaps a unique asset pack of notable Shadowrun people for people to use in UGCs. I would love to have characters like Hatchet Man and Sally Tsung have their own unique characters rather than people using the normal game assets to try and recreate them.

The $550,000 tier has been passed and it looks like in a day or two we should make $600,000, unlocking all the extra rewards aside from the Matrix overhaul. I'll be happy if they make it to $700,000 to get that but it's certainly not a deal breaker. I still like the rudimentary 'Mine Sweeper' Matrix from the SNES game.

RC also posted this on the Kickstarter forum. Someone did a Shadowrun-ized version of Billy Joel's 'We Didn't Start the Fire' - http://neo-anarchist.com/?p=199

Also first preliminary design images of the Shadowrun collectable figures are supposed to come out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yeah I had to bargain to get the fixer tier on the credit card lol. Had it not been only 45.00 more it wouldn't have happened. I wonder if they're going to do anything special if they hit way over their mark and have cash left, if they have enough they could even do a DLC like dragonfall. I'd really love to see a pro remake of the SNES game. I think RC eats and breathes shadowrun lol. I'm still trying to find a nice frame for my SR returns shirt. The design is so wide normal frames for shirts don't work well.

I'd love the 2500.00 backing but given what i make a year that's a big dent lol. If there was another tier between what i have and the 500.00 i'd have gone for it but there's no way to add a 2nd payment method to the amount already backed. That way i could get around the limit on the family credit card lol

Last edited:
I've got them at least breaking the same record as last time for Returns. Sadly there seems to be alot of folks who backed before who weren't happy. Honestly I'm way happier with this than wasteland 2, that damned thing won't even load on my PC and is glitched bad on release. I expected better from the creators of fallout.

I'm hoping that they can do a way to up your backing later on like some others do, that'd get them more money as people could tack on whenever they could. Right now that jump from where we are to the 500.00 mark is a huge leap.

Couple new little digital rewards added to the over $35 tiers, nothing to write home about. HBS also just announced if they reach the $1,000,000 mark they will add an expanded mini campaign of approximately five hours in length. I'm kinda 'meh' on that. An additional $300,000 for a couple hours extra gameplay? I'd rather see that go into beefing up the game with improvements. It's likely they are going to release an expansion for Hong Kong anyway like Dragonfall was for Returns. This backer will be happy when they make it to $700,000 to get all the stretch goals unlocked, I'm not gonna sit and refresh the ticker to see if they make it to $1,000,000 though. If they do, great, if not... we still got all the other stuff.

Currently at $657,865 so I am fairly certain they'll easily make it to $700,000.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back