1/48 Star Wars Stage Echo Base Hangar Diorama

Awesome work!!!!

Is it possible to get this part printed off larger to the 3 3/4 inch figure size???

I can scale it to any size. Printing smaller would be a bigger issue that printing it larger (except when it comes to cost). Is a 3-3/4" figure 1/18 scale?

Last edited:
small update...
I finally managed to put together the gantry. It is a bit messy and I still need to repair the rails that broke (not to mention painting it), but I think it still looks cool. I could not help but see what it looks like with the X-Wing parked under it.

View attachment 226762View attachment 226763
View attachment 226764View attachment 226765
View attachment 226766View attachment 226767
View attachment 226768

You really nailed it when compared to this pic:

8154102146_7b0987a027_z.jpg

Can I ask how you made the rest? I see parts you scratched, pipes, etc. But those cross holder X looking things look dead on?

That gantry is amazing, seven. I'm in the process of building one myself 1/72 scale so i know just how hellish this thing can be to build.

Last edited:
Thanks adywan! I am loving your builds and look forward to seeing your hangar. Let me know if there is anything I can help you out with.

Wow!!! This is nuts. I am going to be keeping track on your progress. The size of this thing and all the custom parts is crazy. Love this.

The set is looking fantastic, your details are what makes it look like you could walk right onto it -- Are you planning on doing an overhead lighting grid or will it only have minimum lighting ( landing lights and such )

Keep up the great work and i'm looking forward to the next update --

Oslm

Just a note someone asked about 1/48 scale figures, I am going to start a build on a 1/48 size falcon because I have a bunch of 34mm gaming figures. These are called Star Wars Miniatures made by Wizards of the Coast. they stopped producing them around 3 years ago, but you can still pick them up on the net.

Search Characters - Bloo Milk

and putting in "hoth" will show you a load of the characters available. You can pick them up all over ebay and the net, a company called troll and toad are pretty good. These are great 1/48 scale figures (strictly speaking its about 1/44). You can get virtually any figure you can think of. Figures such as hoth rebels will cost you around $.70, items such as artoo, c3p0, han solo will cost you around $6. You could easily cut the bases off, if you want to embed them in the plaster

Love the work btw!

A way I have seen concrete done in the past is to put down a thick layer of grey then coat in a thin matt varnish. However looking at the pics do you get to see much of the concrete in the film? The floor pretty much looks flat white?

Search Characters - Bloo Milk
and putting in "hoth" will show you a load of the characters available. You can pick them up all over ebay and the net, a company called troll and toad are pretty good. These are great 1/48 scale figures (strictly speaking its about 1/44)...

Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup I'll have to check them out.

Speaking of figures, I picked up two of these protocol droids. It seams that back in 2005 Disney released a 1.5" C-3PO. Perfect size for 1/48 scale!
Star Wars Stage 245.JPG

Awesome work seven.

Currently I'm building a hoth base for 3 3/4 inch action figures & may require some assistance with a thing or two.

Love everything so far

JF96

I know I'm late jumping in but I just had a thought for how you could animate the doors. Hopefully you can read my scribbles.
Mobile Upload - Imgur

Basically, a servo with a spindle mounted on it placed in the center of the doors (above?) with a line attached near the front of the doors. The line could be then be routed around some pulleys (or just rods probably) on either end. I figured maybe a couple of springs in the door track would be able to handle closing the doors when the servo is reversed.

The distance of the door travel could be adjusted/determined by the number of rotations from the servo, the diameter of the spindle, the distance of the pulleys or by where the line is attached to the door itself, so all of those variable will need to be worked out. :(

But I'm just guessing at all of this. Keep up the inspiring work my friend!
-E

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 329
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back