Star Wars the Clone Wars Republic Pack WIP (99.1138%) Accurate

Fierfek

Sr Member
Hey guys,

As most of you know I've been working on a number of projects and 3D models. So, I decided to revisit the Republic Pack design from the Clone Wars animated series to produce a more screen accurate and fully functional model.
7029713917_9130fbefaf.jpg

Here is a comparison of my original backpack and my new version. It is readily apparent that I have dramatically increased the scale. This was done to reach a closer 1:1 scale, assuming that a clonetrooper is 6ft tall in the series.
7029609177_442f743981.jpg

Even so, it was difficult to find adequate reference pictures that featured good ninety degree angles, though I managed to the best of my abilities to keep it as screen accurate as possible. Still, I tweaked the original design a bit near the top for increased functionality and easier assembly.
6883507786_b462999830.jpg

7029744217_b2564ba7e6.jpg

It is interesting to note that there are at least a couple versions of this model throughout the animated movie and series, with some minor differences. Nonetheless, I aimed to replicate the best features of all the designs.
7029610263_e77beb2623.jpg

Now, off to the trimming, sanding and filling stage. Stay tuned for more progress.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Re: Star Wars the Clone Wars Republic Pack WIP (99.3%) Accurate

OOOoooh how cute with that little Hutt baby.

Nice build, you need to make a baby Hutt to go in it now.

Craig
Thanks. You know I was thinking the same thing. Now I have to find myself a Huttlet. I promise I'll post a pic of it when I do indeed find one or a suitable substitue.

It looks like the outer half could swivel from the bottom over the top and close. I wonder if they meant it that way?
I don't think that it was designed to function in that fashion, the top is covered by a fabric tarp. After watching hours of the series for reference, I got a pretty good idea of how the pack functions and how the interior design looks. That's an interesting concept though, but I don't think I completely follow your explanation.

That looks amazing man. I'd love to build it if you ever release the file. i have ideas for the buckles, top cover and straps. You should look at the the bobble bee backpacks.

why the 0.1862% drop in accuracy target? don't lower your standards already
Well, I thought I might as well adjust my safety margin in case I can't find a suitable candidate to serve as my Huttlet. Besides the 1138 moniker seems to be a winner anyway.

That looks amazing man. I'd love to build it if you ever release the file. i have ideas for the buckles, top cover and straps. You should look at the the bobble bee backpacks.
Thanks. I've checked out those bobble bee backpacks and couldn't find anything in particular of interest about them. What inspired you about the bobble bee design?

After a couple sanding sessions followed some wet sanding, I have finally got this thing as smooth as a huttlets bottom and probably as equally slimy for the record. I will be primering tomorrow and then will cut the slots for the straps accordingly.
Although I used a heat gun to fix minor warping, this backpack easily weighs as much as a huttlet alone with all materials considered. Still, it's structure is very durable and can take the beating of CIS forces.

7089278221_7004d74e9a_c.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back