Hunger Games props

I believe that, as of now, the NECA parachute container necklace is the only readily available version. It's undersized compared to the ones seen in the movie, but it's rather big for a necklace. It might be a good reference item for making your own.

As for the Games version of the bow and arrow... I have nothing to add that would identify them, except it almost looked to me as if the feathers on the arrows were cut in solid clear plastic.

Last edited:
I have the arrows on my to-do list. I really need screencaps though.
They do look like they have acrylic fletching with Al "feather spines" That'd be the hard part.
Then just a bare Al tube, and a broadhead (that could be sculpted and cold-cast)

I'm sure the bow is custom. Though I could probably make a non-functional one, again, if I had a ton of reference. And time. And money.

jen.jpg

jen3.jpg

arrow.jpg

Last edited:
I want to get a mockingjay brooch for my wife, but i can only seem to find the pins.. I need the safety pin type attachment at the back. I see them available on amazon but no sure way to know if it's a safety pin behind or not

The Peacekeepers were armed with batons and stun guns.I have never seen anything in the books to say that they were given firearms as for the knife I think they might be Gill Hibben throwers and a Hibben custom ground Bowie of some sort

The movie version (made by NECA) mockingjay pin is more accurate to what is seen in the movie both in design and color. The movie version is NOT shiny gold. It is beat-up looking, which makes sense considering how they changed its origin in the movie. The only thing that's inaccurate is the push-pin back, since the movie pin had a horizontal safety pin catch.

The shiny gold one (made by book publisher Scholastic) does have a horizontal pin, but it's not just the shiny gold color that makes it different from the movie version. It also has a design alteration from both the mockingjay symbol seen on the book cover and the design seen in the movie: the arrowhead does NOT extend past the circle. Presumably, Scholastic did this out of some fear that the arrow point protruding out would stick some kid in the chest.

I bought a NECA movie version and a pack of 12 clear convention badge holders from Wal-Mart. I ground off the push pin back of the NECA pin and epoxied one of the brass horizontal pins onto it, followed by some antique gold paint to the epoxy. Now you have a pin that is more accurate to the movie and with the two small holes made by the horizontal pin (as opposed to one large hole in your shirt with the push pin), the pin stays put instead of rotating around the axis of the push pin.

Took 5 minutes and my niece loves her pin.

There is a replica bow that you can purchase from Entertainment Earth but I think it is a replica of the bow that Katniss used in the actual Hunger Games.

There is a replica bow that you can purchase from Entertainment Earth but I think it is a replica of the bow that Katniss used in the actual Hunger Games.
From what I've previously read and seen, it's a replica of the bow that Katniss has in District 12-- The one she hunts with in the woods.

I want to get a mockingjay brooch for my wife, but i can only seem to find the pins.. I need the safety pin type attachment at the back. I see them available on amazon but no sure way to know if it's a safety pin behind or not
Better late than never but Wolfie is selling one in the Junkyard.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back