Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

fanboy

I'm hoping to do this costume for Halloween this year and am starting early to make sure I can find everything and do it properly.

I've sourced a lot of the pieces I'll be using. Having not seen the film yet obviously, I'm going to go the route of what is shown on the theatrical one sheet for the look. Which I'm guessing is more his older look with the iconic beard and tall hat.

At this point, I'm wondering what everyone here thinks is a good pair of pants to go with? I've attached a good pic of the poster for reference and a screen grab of the trailer. Are they brown or gray or different in both?

Screenshot2012-03-28at33254PM.png

Screenshot2012-03-22at40921PM.png

I've noticed that promo poster is a different costume then what is seen in reference photos and the movie trailer. It is also a different axe, and may even be a different actor/model posing for the pic.
His outfit changes throughout the film. In the book he has a "Hunters" outfit when he is hunting vampires, that is different from his every day attire. The movie/book spans through the life of Abe, so his cloths keep changing.

I would search Gentlemansemporium.com for cloths

The coat is described in the book as a hunting coat, with an added extended leather collar. There where also several pockets added to the lining for his vampire hunting gear and weapons.

My 1,000th Post! Woot!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! I've started reading the book but am only about halfway through. I remember the leather collar part.

I may have to re-think my strategy before committing to anything. Stick with the book, poster or stereotypical Abe Lincoln gear?

Good luck on this costume! After watching the trailer I thought this would make an awesome Halloween costume but unfortunately I lack the height to pull it off. Can't wait to see what you come up with

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back