TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt

Coming from a big time Ninja Turtle fan if your going for your own take on the TMNT look then your doing ok but if you going after the movie look you need to start from scratch their are just to many incorrect features but I can see you have some sculpting talent so keep up the great work. I was never a fan of Lances first TMNT sculpt that you posted above I like his revised second sculpt much better :).

hey deric

NICE TO SEE YOU BACK MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FROM THE SHADOWS
WHAT A RETURN:thumbsup

fantastic work mate im loving it(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

fingaz iron man mk4 wip

Thanks fingaz! I see you are still defining what an Iron Man costume can be. Your attention to detail and ability to do what hasn't been done before is pure awesome!! Keep it up

Very, Very nice :)

Thanks staticweb23

Lookin' good so far!

Thanks gbmickey

Coming from a big time Ninja Turtle fan if your going for your own take on the TMNT look then your doing ok but if you going after the movie look you need to start from scratch their are just to many incorrect features but I can see you have some sculpting talent so keep up the great work. I was never a fan of Lances first TMNT sculpt that you posted above I like his revised second sculpt much better :).

Hey Bmaga123,

I appreciate your honesty and its point-on. I originaly did'nt like some of the facial features of the TMNT movie costumes. And after searching the web I found Lances TMNT and I just feel in love with it.

HOWEVER... after watching all the movies, I feel that it is wrong to stray from the original designs. I will be attempting to remove many of the inaccuracies.

So in the coming weeks as I revise the sculpts, please feel free to continue to critique!

P.S. Do you have any pictures of Lance's revised sculpt? Or does anyone have some awesome screen shots that are not found on the first 10 pages of google image search?? hahaa Thanks everyone

The reference photos I have been using:

ninja_turtle_restoration_before.jpg

d5b319bf.jpg

Current status:

8a15df5f.jpg

f7ed4991.jpg

5aeeb1bb.jpg

670ec864.jpg

Critique away so I can fix and copy to the other forearm and hand!
Thanks

Got the other hand close tonight. Still needs more tweaking

0f8c68b0.jpg

3d570684.jpg

Any turtle experts see something that really needs to be fixed? Not a lot of views of the hands anywhere...

I have been a HUGE fan of the Turtles since I was a kid and love the look of the original movie Jim Henson masterpieces. I commissioned Howard Senft to make me a 1:1 bust of Raphael and he recently posted some teaser pics here on the forums you may like to see. Your arms are looking really good by the way :)

Thanks fingaz! I see you are still defining what an Iron Man costume can be. Your attention to detail and ability to do what hasn't been done before is pure awesome!! Keep it up

Thanks staticweb23

Thanks gbmickey

Hey Bmaga123,

I appreciate your honesty and its point-on. I originaly did'nt like some of the facial features of the TMNT movie costumes. And after searching the web I found Lances TMNT and I just feel in love with it.

HOWEVER... after watching all the movies, I feel that it is wrong to stray from the original designs. I will be attempting to remove many of the inaccuracies.

So in the coming weeks as I revise the sculpts, please feel free to continue to critique!

P.S. Do you have any pictures of Lance's revised sculpt? Or does anyone have some awesome screen shots that are not found on the first 10 pages of google image search?? hahaa Thanks everyone

Last edited:

Man, this is awesome! Amazing work. So many great artists on here... I'm doing my own replica costume build, going for Leo and using the same reference pics. Good luck and can't wait to see the finished item

Great stuff, however I feel that the chin sticks out too much. It almost looks as if he's pushing his jaw forward.

Thanks everyone for the compliments and advise. I have worked on the head some and it has changed substantially.

a518bd0a-1-1.jpg

9a7e7cc9.jpg

255b222e.jpg

Still needs some balancing on each side of the face but I feel I'm getting closer.... :confused

Started balancing both sides of the face tonight and it seems to be a never ending battle.

So before I called it a night I had a little fun and played with the bandana.
60300698.jpg

If anyone sees something that needs to be fixed just post a reply, thanks!

press5.jpg

heres a good side view for you of mikeys head, looks like yours needs elongated

That looks way better! Keep up the good work!

Agreed, keep up the great work its coming along much better :)

Thanks, its nice to hear that I'm headed in the right direction! Still a complete beginner when it comes to sculpting!

Well SlimeSquare pointed out that it needed to be elongated... and here's the before and after.

f55130bc-1.jpg

Still needs more balancing but continues to approach the goal.
e205e95b.jpg

Hey Turtle lovers!

If you see anything that needs to be fixed on the head let me know asap.

I would like to start texturing it so I can mold this baby up and use the clay for the next piece of the suit!

I think the back of the head needs to be less bulbous and more squared off, the mouth needs to be widened, the brow\bandanna needs to come out just a little more and the beak needs to be more elongated. Other than that, your scaling is really good. I hope this image overlay (link) helps.

I think the back of the head needs to be less bulbous and more squared off, the mouth needs to be widened, the brow\bandanna needs to come out just a little more and the beak needs to be more elongated. Other than that, your scaling is really good. I hope this image overlay (link) helps.

WOW! I can't thank you enough for the image overlay! I'm shocked that I was even that close. I will make your suggested corrections and share it when I finish. Thank you so much for taking the time to help out.

Good advice Welmanshire. Does look awesome though :D

Ya it was, and thanks!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back