TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt **Raphael**

that's amazing lol . just wondering if you could sell the hole costume, how much

Currently, I do not have any for sale. There is only 2 copies of this Mikey and Jacob has his for sale.. But thanks :)

Awesome! This came out really good!

Thanks Mcevoy17

Wooow, the whole costume looks amazing! What did you use to get the texture of the skin?

Thanks Emmabellish. I used a texture stamp from monster makers I believe.

Nice pieces. A signature feature of Raphael was the fact that his upper lip had an upwards dip at the center, unlike Leonardo, whose upper lip dipped down to a point in that same spot. Good to see some love for the original movie versions of these characters.

I just watched the movie again and I see what you are talking about... it just doesn't stay in that position when the mouth is nearly closed like I have the face now. Not sure If I should add a curve upward or not, but I really appreciate the feedback.

dextarfx.com . Here is his build thread http://www.therpf.com/f24/ninja-turtle-suit-working-mouth-75747/ .
He sells his for $3000 according to this video Me on stage in Raphael Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles costume - YouTube .

The skin on this Michelangelo and Raphael is all silicon , and the shipping would have to be factored in too. Not to mention that the heads and bodies are aimed at replicating the likeness of the TMNT from the movies.

A build like this would have to be around $8000 including shipping if it where for sell.

That is my estimate.

"IF" I could fetch $8,000 I would sell them till the molds gave out! :love
But, I haven't committed to spending the money to make extra's yet... Not sure there is many who would want to spend what it takes to make them.

(Jacob has his for sale, it's the only other other one out there)

Raph Update

Spent some of the holiday downtime adding texture....
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK?

file-143.jpg

file-144.jpg

Currently, I do not have any for sale. There is only 2 copies of this Mikey and Jacob has his for sale.. But thanks :)

Thanks Mcevoy17

Thanks Emmabellish. I used a texture stamp from monster makers I believe.

I just watched the movie again and I see what you are talking about... it just doesn't stay in that position when the mouth is nearly closed like I have the face now. Not sure If I should add a curve upward or not, but I really appreciate the feedback.

"IF" I could fetch $8,000 I would sell them till the molds gave out! :love
But, I haven't committed to spending the money to make extra's yet... Not sure there is many who would want to spend what it takes to make them.

(Jacob has his for sale, it's the only other other one out there)

Raph Update

Spent some of the holiday downtime adding texture....
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK?

file-143.jpg

file-144.jpg

Looking heaps more accurate than Mikey already man! Your skills are getting better. You have managed to capture Raph really well. I like that Raphs mouth seems to be more closed that Mikey's was. It works better in my opinion.

that's amazing lol . just wondering if you could sell the hole costume, how much

A build like this would have to be around $8000 including shipping if it where for sell.

That is my estimate.

i agree, thats about what it would have to go for to be profitable, maybe $6000. just my end ran me about $800 for pads, paint, fabric and belt. The materials on Derick's end probably run about $2,000. BUT... it takes hours and hours to make the pieces and I put about 100 hours in to each suit (mostly painting but also strapping, harnessing, etc).

but mine IS for sale for only $4,999 ($3,999 to any RPFer).

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt **11/23/12**

Thanks Guys.

I'll give it a few more days to let other members give it a look over before I move forward with molding it. I already have everything to mold it, but don't want to do it then someone point out a flaw....

Then it's time for the next turtle!

Yeah, with the expression you chose the upward curl to the upper lip may not be so prevalent. Anyway, like the addition of the scar. It could be a little slimmer.

Why hasnt anyone posted this thread?
http://www.therpf.com/f9/raphael-ninja-turtle-tmnt-movie-head-replica-95688/

One thing that I noticed while watching TMNT 2 yesterday is that Michealangelos muscules are not as defined as the other turtles. If you get the chance looks at his arms and compare them to the rest of the turtles. They are not ripped like the rest, just buff.

I dont know if this was a characteristic that was put in place for II or if it was the same case in the first movie.

Last edited:

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions.
I did reduce the scar size but forgot to take a picture.

MOLDING has begun and hope to wrap it up by the end of the weekend.

file-145.jpg

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt **Molding Raph**

Raph Head - MOLD FINISHED
First I drew the dividing lines then added the jacket.
file-147.jpg

file-148.jpg

Another note:
I put together another duck-tape dummy/mannequin together.
Mikey doesn't fit perfectly and it needs to be adjusted. Overall.... good enough
file-150.jpg

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt **Molding Raph**

Another note:
I put together another duck-tape dummy/mannequin together.
Mikey doesn't fit perfectly and it needs to be adjusted. Overall.... good enough
file-150.jpg

Totally awesome bud!
Man, stepping back and just looking at what you've built....That's got to be a great feeling. :thumbsup

David

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt **Check out the office**

Thanks David!
It's awesome to see the improvements in each build, and remember all the lessons learned... To quote your signature, "as children we dreamed" ... now let's build that S*** haha

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt **Check out the office**

RAPH UPDATE!
Mold is ready to go!
Everything came out great and went back together like I have done this before, haha.
If things go as planned I will do the first pull tomorrow.
file-153.jpg

file-154.jpg

So with Raph mold finished, it's time to start on the next turtle???
LEO or DON...... I'm thinking LEO!
If anybody has some good screenshots from the first movie, feel free to shoot them over. They are greatly appreciated, and a few of you seem to be better at getting screen shots than I am.

There will soon be 3 more turtles next to Mikey!!!
file-152.jpg

COWABUNGA!
Later RPF'ers

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt **WHICH TURTLE NEXT**

here's a bunch of reference for leo! can't wait to see how it turns out.

best scenes are probably when leo and raph are arguing in april's apt and the farm house stuff. the rest of the movie is so dark, unless you're watching the blu ray it's pretty hard to see the details.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back