TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

His story really is inspirational. Who would think walking turtles with ninja skills would be what it is. Really was a pleasure to meet the man responsible for my crazy addiction!

More of the Shredder

Just spent the last hour reading this entire thread. WOW!!!! Simply amazing. I've wanted to do a TMNT suit build since the first movie came out but thought it might be too big of a build. I'm beyond impressed. Now I definitely want to start this project. Is there anything you would have done different?

Absolutely love the Shredder costume, nice work man!

Thanks TJ!

Just spent the last hour reading this entire thread. WOW!!!! Simply amazing. I've wanted to do a TMNT suit build since the first movie came out but thought it might be too big of a build. I'm beyond impressed. Now I definitely want to start this project. Is there anything you would have done different?

Thanks DakotaFury! Its definitely a big build because it keeps luring you in to do more. You think just one turtle.... next thing you have all four in your living room. Anything different? I would like to revisit Mikey's head, but he was my first and I like seeing the progression from experience. Also maybe revisit the shell.

I saw you guys in the costumes at the party on the local news last night. Wow! I am really sorry I missed out!

That's pretty cool! Ya man I wish I could of at least introduced myself. Hopefully its not my last event.

I have two questions: Did you sent these two pieces to vacuum chrome plating, or is it just paint? Looks amazing so far.

Also, while assembling the pepakura "horns" piece... in your side; did they actually came out a little "crooked", or is there something wrong the way I put it together? I need some feedback here about it, since my piece came out a little crooked, in all three "horns". Top one facing one side, and both sides facing one up and one down.

Need to find the right screen for the vent tomorrow then assemble the painted helmet

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/...C-36A0-4AD9-B2C2-1CE900304F19_zpsqximuowp.jpg

Just good ole spray paint after a good sanding.
The pep file was crooked, not a perfect file. But I just used it as a template to add clay to. So I was able to fix it for the most part.

I have two questions: Did you sent these two pieces to vacuum chrome plating, or is it just paint? Looks amazing so far.

Also, while assembling the pepakura "horns" piece... in your side; did they actually came out a little "crooked", or is there something wrong the way I put it together? I need some feedback here about it, since my piece came out a little crooked, in all three "horns". Top one facing one side, and both sides facing one up and one down.

Hi there!
Wow... Absolutly wow... *__*
I just read the whole Thread and I'm deeply impressed! That was exactly what I was looking for!
Excellent Job you did there!
You'll get a PM in the next days!
Want to have Band of turtle Brothers here in Germany too! :D
Best regards from Berlin!

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ( Molding Arm )

WOW!!! this Rocks. I have been reading your tread and Awesome job my friend. I am currently working on a Venom build with Dragon Skin and was wandering if you think the entire suit could be done as one large two piece Rebound 25 mold. Venom as a character dose not have the nice dividing lines like the Turtles knee pads and elbow pads. I know i could seam it together with a fair amount of effort but think that the fluid nature of a single mold would be the best look. If you have the time to let me know what you think I would be eternally grateful, and any pointers you can throw may way wold be great. i would love to hear from someone that can accomplish the caliber of work that you have done.

My Thread: http://www.therpf.com/f62/venom-suit-help-212708/

Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qShPOFiJB10

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ( Molding Arm )

Very cool costume, what fabric did you use for the shredders costume.
The fabrics were found at fabric.com
Hi there!
Wow... Absolutly wow... *__*
I just read the whole Thread and I'm deeply impressed! That was exactly what I was looking for!
Excellent Job you did there!
You'll get a PM in the next days!
Want to have Band of turtle Brothers here in Germany too! :D
Best regards from Berlin! 

Thanks for checking it out!

WOW!!! this Rocks. I have been reading your tread and Awesome job my friend. I am currently working on a Venom build with Dragon Skin and was wandering if you think the entire suit could be done as one large two piece Rebound 25 mold. Venom as a character dose not have the nice dividing lines like the Turtles knee pads and elbow pads. I know i could seam it together with a fair amount of effort but think that the fluid nature of a single mold would be the best look. If you have the time to let me know what you think I would be eternally grateful, and any pointers you can throw may way wold be great. i would love to hear from someone that can accomplish the caliber of work that you have done.

My Thread: http://www.therpf.com/f62/venom-suit-help-212708/

Youtube: final venom 001 - YouTube

I don't know how you would go about a single mold for an entire suit. Turning the mold is a problem and there would be no way to check the blind spots to check coverage. I see why you would want to go that route though. Would need to see if someone else pulled it off.

Hey fellow RPF'ers!

Just in case any of ya are from Oklahoma and not to far from Moore, OK. I will be taking the Turtle costumes out of storage and suiting people up again!

Saturday Aug. 9th between 3:30-7:30 at the Warren Theater in Moore, Ok.

The theater there is top notch! Not sure if it still holds the record, but when it was built a few years ago it was the largest IMAX screen in the world.... it's like 4,000sq feet or something. Come by say and hi, then go see the new movie!

To whoever buys one or all of these suits (or if Dericrw still has them at the time), I am interested in putting together a TMNT '90 movie group for DragonCon 2015 next year for the 25th anniversary of the movie. I was wanting to build shredder, but see that has already been made (and quite well made at that). What are the chances that these turtles and/or shredder could be at DragonCon next year? I could work on a splinter puppet. I unfortunately don't have the physique for Casey Jones. The dream group would be all 4 turtles, Splinter, April (in movie version outfit), Shredder, Casey Jones, plus any amount of foot soldiers, and cool bonus if someone did Tatsu. Someone could even do April's boss, Danny (April's boss's son), or the police chief. I would like to do a photos shoot and walking group / posing one night. If there is enough interest, I will go ahead and post a thread in the convention sub-forum.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back