TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (EVERYTHING but the shell)

Haha yeah i know, I wish it was that simple in real life! :)

Nice mold! Can't wait til I get to do that to my endoskull! Do you use any release agent before you apply the silicone?

Your endoskull is awesome! Yes most definately use a release agent. Never can be too safe. I use smoothon's mold release 200. Hurry up and mold that bad boy!

Thanks Dan20lancer!

Well I continued to add rebound 25 to the sculpts tonight. This project is beginning to really show its expensive side.

The head took about 1/3 of a gallon of rebound 25. The upper legs I'm guessing will take a lil more than 2/3 of a gallon.

Finished.
file-12.jpg

Print Coat
file-11.jpg

Thick coat
file-13.jpg

This may be expensive but its kinda fun! Later RPF'ers

looking pretty impressive. now you've really got me thinking about doing my own.

looking pretty impressive. now you've really got me thinking about doing my own.

Go for it! I have added some length to some pieces to allow it to fit a taller person. It can easily be trimmed for shorter.

Ready for molding
file-23.jpg

Started molding but added length once again! Waist should come up much higher now to ensure proper coverage
file-22.jpg

HEAD MOLDED (almost no visible seam as you can see in the last photos)
file-14.jpg

file-15.jpg

file-16.jpg

file-17.jpg

file-18.jpg

file-19.jpg

file-20.jpg

file-21.jpg

With the added length to the pieces I can go back to molding the rest. Will also be building a rotational caster soon to expedite the process and ensure even coverage!

Lots of work to go! Later RPF

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (Head Molded)

literally 30 seconds before my email dinged to tell me you updated this thread, i was just whining to my brother about never finding a suit tall enough for me :) good looking out!

literally 30 seconds before my email dinged to tell me you updated this thread, i was just whining to my brother about never finding a suit tall enough for me :) good looking out!

Hahaaa quit your whining! There's a good chance this one would fit ya. Let's both just hope all the molds come out nice! Spending the weekend as a chemist by mixing up silicone and brushing it on the sculpts. :thumbsup MESSY!

Hahaaa quit your whining! There's a good chance this one would fit ya. Let's both just hope all the molds come out nice! Spending the weekend as a chemist by mixing up silicone and brushing it on the sculpts. :thumbsup MESSY!

are you from Mudrowe, OK?

Interesting mold method! What material will you be casting into the mold?

The upper legs was very unorthodox to say the least! But after I started molding it, I felt uncertain about the length so I cut back the mold to add more clay to the sculpture.

Casting material is a platinum silicon, dragon skin from smoothon. May add a foam backing, not sure yet.
The arms have been casted and can be seen earlier in the thread!

Holy crap, this is awesome! I´d love to have one of those!
might try one after finishing my TDK cowl molding progress.

So you're casting silicone into silicone? Isn't that tricky?

This project is my first ever with molding. So if this was the incorrect method, its probably to late to turn back. But the method has been successful! The casts have nice detail and almost no seam. I just make sure to coat the mold generously with mold release.

Holy crap, this is awesome! I´d love to have one of those!
might try one after finishing my TDK cowl molding progress.

Thanks Bane! Look forward to seeing your TDK cowl!

Ah, I wasn't trying to correct you - really wondering! I'd actually like to hear more about your process and materials. I have to do the same thing soon myself!

this is 1 awesome thread was allways a big fan really looking forward to see this hole costume come together well done :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back