TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Don Progress 1/31**

dude i think you nailed this one. great progress!!

one comment, the top of his head should be evened out a little.

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Don Progress**

Should put a straw hat on it and take a pic. Fantadtic
Looked around the house... couldn't find one:lol Thanks

**** just came back to this thread after a while. Sooooo damn beautiful.

Why thank you:$
Don looking very good, I am still interested in what the width of these heads are. I was told by a guy who has seen and held a movie 1 don head in hand the width is about 11 inches. :)

file_zpsdd509a57.jpg

Holy Turtle Power! That looks amazing Don!

Thank you!

dude i think you nailed this one. great progress!!

one comment, the top of his head should be evened out a little.

That's it :confused Must of got lucky this time! :behave

Looks great from further away! I can definitely see Donnie in it.

Sweet! Thanks for the photography advise.

With everyone giving it their approval. I went ahead and stayed up late and evened it out and textured the piece. Took the photos from further back so it may be tough to see the texture.

file_zps8819080f.jpg

file_zps9b81e827.jpg

A closer up shot ( may distort the shape some )
file_zps69d90509.jpg

Hope it still gets the RPF approval!

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Don Finished**

Impressive. The fact that you captured each character's characteristic head shape and likeness is really cool.

And with 11" wide in full scale... I'm pretty close in sixth scale.
(don't mind my previous statement: I'm just completely mental and stupid and measuring things - just forgot how wide Donnie's head really is)

Last edited:
2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Don Finished**

The posters are quite large - and frighteningly enough, they're old enough to drink! I'll get some reference pictures for you of anything you'd like. We have Raph and Don; I could start with trying close ups of their eyes. Raph is mostly covered with a trenchcoat. Strangely, they're both wearing hats.

Donatello does machines! Super cool bro! :D

Thanks bud! :lol

Impressive. The fact that you captured each character's characteristic head shape and likeness is really cool.

And with 11" wide in full scale... I'm pretty close in sixth scale.
(don't mind my previous statement: I'm just completely mental and stupid and measuring things - just forgot how wide Donnie's head really is)

:lol Thanks!
The 11" was just pure luck.

The posters are quite large - and frighteningly enough, they're old enough to drink! I'll get some reference pictures for you of anything you'd like. We have Raph and Don; I could start with trying close ups of their eyes. Raph is mostly covered with a trenchcoat. Strangely, they're both wearing hats.

Thanks for your help! Some close ups of the eyes would be nice. If they are all dark brown, I will just use the same eye for all of them. But if there is a major difference I will have to do custom eyes for each. I'm kind of curious if I could use the same color eyes that I used for Mikey?

Wow right at 11 inces for Don's head you nailed it :)

A broke clock is right twice a day! Lucky me:lol
Looks great!
Thanks!

It looks even better than Leo!!! you are awesone!

Thanks! I'm excited to see how Don turns out after molding!

UPDATE:
I'm currently molding everything for LEO and nearly half way done. Time consuming!! So.... with everything moving so quickly I do need to decide what route to go on the eyes. Do I use the same color for all the turtles (brown)? Here is the eyes I used on Mikey
file-93.jpg

Let me know what ya'll think! Thanks RPF'ers!

2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Don Finished**

From what I can tell, the brown is good for all of them though perhaps a shade light, and perhaps with the pupil a bit small. Good inexpensive eyes are hard to find though - they're probably close enough to run with!

Make sure that you're sculpting the eyelids closed narrowly enough that they'll eclipse the iris on whatever eyes you'll be using - top and bottom! Don's eyes are especially squinty. If you can see the whole iris, they'll look surprised all the time.

holy ****! I'm gone for a while to come back and find that you've made the entire group! lol really great, fantastic work! :)

From what I can tell, the brown is good for all of them though perhaps a shade light, and perhaps with the pupil a bit small. Good inexpensive eyes are hard to find though - they're probably close enough to run with!

Make sure that you're sculpting the eyelids closed narrowly enough that they'll eclipse the iris on whatever eyes you'll be using - top and bottom! Don's eyes are especially squinty. If you can see the whole iris, they'll look surprised all the time.

westies is right. squinty eyes are important for donatello. the scene where mikey and don are waiting for the pizza is good reference for iris color. they seem to all have the same brown eyes, or very close to being the same.

Your work is amazing and I want one of each.

Thanks bud!

I'm having the eyes done through tech optics, so I will have him darken them up a shade or two as well as make the eye an off white instead of a pure white. I'm not exactly sure what to do with the pupil size though, you think it should be bigger or will the size work? Thanks bud!

I will double check the measurements, but I'm almost positive that a large portion of the iris will be eclipsed on both sides for Don's sculpt.

holy ****! I'm gone for a while to come back and find that you've made the entire group! lol really great, fantastic work! :)
Hahaha, Thanks! I had to do all 4!

westies is right. squinty eyes are important for donatello. the scene where mikey and don are waiting for the pizza is good reference for iris color. they seem to all have the same brown eyes, or very close to being the same.

I'm nearly positive that a large portion of the iris will be eclipsed by the eyelids. It should appear as squinting for sure! Going all brown will save me a little cash, and I will be sure to go to a darker brown than Mikeys! Thanks!

Not much of an update, but I should have Leo ready for paint by Wednesday. Spending hours casting these things!!!

i think the size of the pupils are good. i did a quick thing in photoshop, if they look close to this then you should be ok. do you agree?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back