TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Leo cast**

A TMNT suit is a costume that has a dream for me for many years, the Turtles were such a huge part of my childhood. Only in the last six months have I found myself at a point where I feel like it's finally becoming an achievable goal.
And you've done such an amazing job on this, and you've documented it so well I hope some day I'll be able to follow down the same path.

Or, you know, track you down and steal them. :D

Hey TMG,

I like that reference shot, but is the eye color the same for all the turtles or is that just for Raph? I could use the same eye color I did for Mikey for all of them and save $30 bucks. or have custome eye colors for each....

really nice. you are doing a great job with these. any plans for splinter or shredder?

as for the eye colors, i don't know off the top of my head. i'll watch the blu ray and get back to you. when do you plan on ordering these?

Last edited:

WOW!... That Leo head is absolutely FANTASTIC... My favorite amongst the other 2 head you've made :):thumbsup

Unbelievable dedication there man... Me I'm stuck with building helm but you... you build whole suits... and each build for you was totally new experience... Good job man... I envy you... :)

Keep building... cheers!

Thanks bud! But I don't think it's fair to compare my work to yours. I may take on a lot but you take on precision! The accuracy of you work is inspirational to many on the forums and is a pleasure to follow! Once I get finished with these turtles I would like to start taking on small projects and aim for accuracy like yourself!

:facepalm Nevermind the big lower lip thing. That was the Don from the 2nd movie.

It can be tough at times to keep the movie straight. I have looked at so many pictures without throwing back on the movie to refresh myself. Speaking of movies, it looks like the new movie will start filming soon! Would be a blast to show up to a midnight release as the whole crew!

A TMNT suit is a costume that has a dream for me for many years, the Turtles were such a huge part of my childhood. Only in the last six months have I found myself at a point where I feel like it's finally becoming an achievable goal.
And you've done such an amazing job on this, and you've documented it so well I hope some day I'll be able to follow down the same path.

Or, you know, track you down and steal them. :D

Thank you! I have tried to share plenty of photos, but I don't always take the time to describe any of the processes used. If you ever start a build and have any questions don't be afraid to drop me a line. If I can't help, I'll point you to someone that can. and please don't come looking for me. I have a very particular set of skills!:lol

really nice. you are doing a great job with these. any plans for splinter or shredder?

as for the eye colors, i don't know off the top of my head. i'll watch the blu ray and get back to you. when do you plan on ordering these?

Thanks RM! I haven't considered doing either, but I have an addiction to creative hobbies. So it's never off the list.

I would absolutely appreciate it if you would take the time out of your day to take a look. I don't personally have the blu ray and the movie was already filmed so dark.

Also, if anybody wants to jump in early on critiquing Don, I took a few quick shots of the early progress.
file-176.jpg

file-177.jpg

file-178.jpg

file-179.jpg

Thanks for all your help, this forum and it's members is the driving force behind this project!

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Don Progress**

The last picture has the likeness, in my opinion, there's something in those other ones I cannot quite put my finger on, though.

Great start.
I am still not sure if his eyes are squinting enough.
Every picture posted looks like he needs glasses.
I am not sure about the distance of the eyes from each other.

Maybe Don's eyes are smaller than the other turtles??

Last edited:

I haven't been on for a while, but I'm so happy that this is the first thread I stumbled onto.

I'm totally digging the dedication and work you're putting into these suits. Great work and can't wait to see more!! :thumbsup

The last picture has the likeness, in my opinion, there's something in those other ones I cannot quite put my finger on, though.

Great start.
I am still not sure if his eyes are squinting enough.
Every picture posted his looks like he needs glasses.
I am not sure about the distance of the eyes from each other.

Maybe Do's eyes are smaller than the other turtles??

Thanks TMG & AP! Going back and looking at pictures and focusing on just the eyes has lead me to believe:
1) The eyes do need to be squinting (will make it much more like Don)
2) The upper part of the bandanna needs to be moved down once the eyes have been fixed to squint.
3) This will aslo make the bandanna thinner and closer to the right proportions.
4) Shorting the space between eyes.

I will try these out tonight and see if it helps. Thanks again guys:thumbsup

I haven't been on for a while, but I'm so happy that this is the first thread I stumbled onto.

I'm totally digging the dedication and work you're putting into these suits. Great work and can't wait to see more!! :thumbsup

Thank you CKK! Glad to hear your back on the forum

Donnie my fave!
For your question about eye colors, I just watched the blu ray and their eyes are all brown.

Donnie my fave!
For your question about eye colors, I just watched the blu ray and their eyes are all brown.

Thanks Xevanx! I was hoping for some differences but all brown saves me some $$!

Did a quick tweak to Don to see if it helps

file-180.jpg

file-181.jpg

file-182.jpg

Well? any better?

2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Don Progress**

It would help if you took shots of your sculpt from much further back and then cropped them - taking them from so close up is causing a lot of distortion. It's hard to see many aspects of the sculpt at once or see how different areas relate and balance one another.

Donnie's head seems to have been the thickest on the bottom out of the four. Here's a shot from the vintage poster in my kid's room:

View attachment 140485

Great work so far on these - very ambitious!

This is so awesome! I'm in love with the ninjas turtles and I collect anything with Raphael. This blew my mind. Lots of talent here.

Wow Donnie is looking AMAZING keep up the great work I cannot wait to see these finished :)

Wow! Great work, dude. Each head looks better than the last. :thumbsup

Thanks Kevin! I think so too.

Cool!The eyes look much more accurate. :)

He's definitely a squinter! Thanks again for your continuous help.

It would help if you took shots of your sculpt from much further back and then cropped them - taking them from so close up is causing a lot of distortion. It's hard to see many aspects of the sculpt at once or see how different areas relate and balance one another.

Donnie's head seems to have been the thickest on the bottom out of the four. Here's a shot from the vintage poster in my kid's room:

View attachment 140485

Great work so far on these - very ambitious!

Well if I had poster references like that! I see what your talking about on the distortion. I just use the ole phone camera for everything but I stepped back and took a few shots for everyone to critique. It seems I always get to a point and need people's help to move forward on each sculpt. So please fill free to criticizes.

This is so awesome! I'm in love with the ninjas turtles and I collect anything with Raphael. This blew my mind. Lots of talent here.

Thanks NinjaShani! Raph will hopefully be painted in a week or two!

Wow Donnie is looking AMAZING keep up the great work I cannot wait to see these finished :)

Thanks Bmaga! I can't wait to have all four together and finished.... Hopefully take them out to a con or something too!

Well here's two pictures from farther back for critiquing! Please let me know what needs changed:love

(First two are from slightly different perspectives)
file_zpsefb445cf.jpg

file_zps81da08a9.jpg

file_zpsbf037562.jpg

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Don Progress 1/31**

Should put a straw hat on it and take a pic. Fantadtic

**** just came back to this thread after a while. Sooooo damn beautiful.

Don looking very good, I am still interested in what the width of these heads are. I was told by a guy who has seen and held a movie 1 don head in hand the width is about 11 inches. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back