TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Paint progress**

Hey man your build is freaking awesome. Always wanted a TMNT replica suit. Can't wait to see it finished!

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Paint progress**

Thanks everyone!
Jacob continues to work his magic on this build and the plan is to have it completely finished by Thursday! That will give me a full day to add some padding and do any minor tweaks before wearing it out in public.

So in the mean time, I through out the question last week "Which turtle next?".
By all means I plan to do all four, but here is the progress on the next. Raph.

Trying to capture the "Ralph feel" without sculpting an exact pose from a screenshot is tough. If you take the time to study the movie, the heads look different in almost every scene but still maintain a basic "feel".

So here is a rough sculpt for you turtle fans to CRITIQUE! Pick it apart if something looks off.

file-117.jpg

file-118.jpg

file-119.jpg

Thanks for the help RPF'ers!

Last edited:
Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** RALPH**

WOW! I like this head even better than the first one! This one is dead on, my friend! :)

I agree. This head does seem to be a bit more accurate than the first one. It's more evident when looking at the side view of this one. The snout seems to be a bit pointier on this one, and I think that's a little closer to what the movie costume looked like. Regardless, all of this is looking incredible. Keep it up!

Thanks for the kind words everyone!
Sculpting is definately getting easier with practice and the Mikey sculpt will be revisited!

However, before I take the time to texture this Ralph sculpt... WHAT NEEDS FIXED?

If something looks off, just say so. I can look back at the Mikey sculpt and shake my head LOL. So be honest! Thanks

I think his cheeks should be a bit bigger and more rounded, but that could be the angle of the picture.
References are hard to come by, but I attached a few.

Those reference pictures are good, but the first one is from TMNT2. In the second movie they streamlined the turtles features a bit. They had smaller servos and so better smaller heads.
Yet they still kept most of their facial features.
Don had a big lower lip. Leo had the big beak/nose.
Leo looks like he got a nose job for the second movie :p.

I think Ralph has always had the higher chin, smaller beak/nose out of the four. In most shots his brow is a bit heavy, making his eyes squint. Don't forget his scar.

TMNTI-MoviePromotion08.jpg

TMNTI-MoviePromotion04.jpg

TMNTI-MoviePromotion03.jpg

TMNTI-MoviePictures23.jpg

TMNTI-MoviePictures14.jpg
TMNTI-MoviePictures05.jpg
TMNTI-MoviePromotion07.jpg

Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_13211_Medium.jpg

Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_13131_Medium.jpg

TMNTI-BehindTheScenes09.jpg

Last edited:

The shape and the mouth are coming along nicely - he's already recognizable! You're in no rush for Halloween this time - glad you're taking the time to get him right. The biggest thing to address right now is the eyes - they're very wide and the wrong shape for Raph. Looking forward to seeing where you take him!

Almost done painting the shell, just need to get some white so i can lighten the edges a little more, then blend the highlights and the suit is DONE!

Friggin' sweeeeeeeeet. Man that color and texture looks beautiful. Can't wait for a run.

Thanks leafman, alpha proto, and westies 14! Your photos and critiques are greatly appreciated. With yall's help hopefully this sculpt will reach its potential! I'll revise the sculpt as many times as it takes!

Wow Jacob! I second zanderman, you are doing an amazing job with the color.

what you have now still looks like michelangelo. the eyebrows are too arched, try sculpting them in almost a straight line. they should be thicker and rounder making him always frown or squint. give him rounder cheeks and a thicker jaw line. if you put teeth in the mouth make sure you only show the bottom row. the corners of his mouth should be more round. i'm working on a 1/6th scale raph, here are a bunch of screen grabs i used for reference. hope this helps.

i also noticed raph and donnie have similar body types and shell designs. the same goes for mikey and leo. the shell you have now looks like it fits more with raph and donnie. the other shell style is slightly more smooth and has a different contour.

sculpting and molding another shell will be a lot of work for something most people won't even notice or appreciate. but here are some pictures for your reference.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back