TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Front Shell**

YES SIR! I can't believe we will both have suits by Halloween!!!

this is really coming along great! i can't wait to see the finished product! awesome work.

My lord this is looking beautiful. I have been wanting a movie-quality TMNT costume forever, just wish I had the talent to build something this awesome.

this is really coming along great! i can't wait to see the finished product! awesome work.

Thanks Rambo! Shouldn't be long..... real soon in fact!

My lord this is looking beautiful. I have been wanting a movie-quality TMNT costume forever, just wish I had the talent to build something this awesome.

I appreciate the kind words Zanderman! I didn't think I could when I started but thought "why not"

Just the guys i have been looking for. PM sent!

Thanks Dmentdent

Well this thread has been needing an update and here it comes!
The shell is FINISHED!!!!:love
Here's some progression photos

Wife cleaning the mold up! Hours of work!
file-98.jpg

All clean and ready to go
file-99.jpg

Assembling the mold
file-100.jpg

file-101.jpg

file-102.jpg

file-103.jpg

file-104.jpg

Now the first cast out of the mold!!!
file-106.jpg

file-105.jpg

An idea of how it will look once I attach the sides
file-107.jpg

And Jacob photoshopped an image for a peek look
file-108.jpg

Well what do you guys and gals think?!
Later RPF'ers

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** SHELL COMPETE**

Supposed to meet with Derick this week to get the shells from him. Going to focus on finishing the skins this week so I can knock out the shells next week. D is DEFINITELY going to have a full on movie quality TMNT suit by Halloween!

Bumping last UPDATE to new page....

Well this thread has been needing an update and here it comes!
The shell is FINISHED!!!!:love
Here's some progression photos

Wife cleaning the mold up! Hours of work!
file-98.jpg

All clean and ready to go
file-99.jpg

Assembling the mold
file-100.jpg

file-101.jpg

file-102.jpg

file-103.jpg

file-104.jpg

Now the first cast out of the mold!!!
file-106.jpg

file-105.jpg

An idea of how it will look once I attach the sides
file-107.jpg

And Jacob photoshopped an image for a peek look
file-108.jpg

Well what do you guys and gals think?!
Later RPF'ers

Man (I love being a turtle) that shell is so awesome. Props to your wife as well. Let me know when you're ready to do a run or sell it :)

Also, not sure if it has been asked but, what turtle are you planning on being?

very cool, did you cast it out of a foam??? like foam flex it?

Very cool!

Thanks Justin!

Supposed to meet with Derick this week to get the shells from him. Going to focus on finishing the skins this week so I can knock out the shells next week. D is DEFINITELY going to have a full on movie quality TMNT suit by Halloween!

You better have one too!:cool

this is coming out so badass! :D

Thanks Klokateer!

Man (I love being a turtle) that shell is so awesome. Props to your wife as well. Let me know when you're ready to do a run or sell it :)

Also, not sure if it has been asked but, what turtle are you planning on being?

Thanks Zander! If you really want one, I'm considering doing a small run and starting an interest thread soon.

This was intended to be a Mikey! I may later sculpt the other three heads but not yet.

That's pretty awesome! Would go great for my Raph costume!

Thanks Dmentdent, every turtle needs a shell!

very cool, did you cast it out of a foam??? like foam flex it?

Thanks Mrbungle! Ya its flex foam-it V. Pretty cool stuff.

Well couldn't help myself, these shells are fun to make! :behave
file-109.jpg

file-110.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys and gals! Keeps me motivated!
Later RPF'ers

Thanks Zander! If you really want one, I'm considering doing a small run and starting an interest thread soon.

This was intended to be a Mikey! I may later sculpt the other three heads but not yet.

Oh hell yes, especially since Mikey is my favorite. Just got me real excited.

This is really coming along and I can't wait for the big reveal and to see all the hard work pay off that you both put in for molding and painting. Keep going dude!

Very cool! I love seing the progress you are making! Turtle power, dude!

The project has come a LONG way in a relatively short period of time. Hoping that by this weekend, everyone here can see a mostly painted and fully assembled suit :) The "skins" still need a little paint, some parts more than other, but as they are right now, they're "good enough to wear." (they will be finished VERY soon, at least one complete suit next week). The pads look awesome. The eyes look awesome. Mask still needs a little work, a little paint and some foam to help keep its shape. And the shell needs paint.

Here's a before and after shot to show you what I've been getting done the last 3-4 weeks. Unfortunately, my dad's free time is pretty limited, but we're still ahead of schedule for Halloween completion. Just a LOT of parts that need to be painted (4 arms, 4 legs, 2 torsos, 2 crotches, 2 masks, 2 breast plates and 2 giant rear shells).

killer pulls and killer paint job, this is now my fav thread in the rpf.com

small update, got the eyes mounted so that they can be repositioned if desired. the bandana is NOT final. color needs to be darkened a bit and when the mask paint is finished, the bandana will get glued in to place. also, Derick and I discovered a magic ay to get this mask to stay put on our heads and hold its shape at the same time :)

i'll pop the eyes out and bandana off tonight so I can get the final paintwork done on the mask in the next day or two. :) then I can secure the bandana AND add the animatronic mouth back in.

Looking rad! I really like the tone of the skin you have. Great choice of green.

I have a few suggestions for your painting.
Did you think about hitting it with some paint splatter from a tooth brush to break up the uniformity of the paint work?
I remember a few darker spots around where the turtles legs, and arms meet their shell.

The eyes may need some veins around the outer edges of the sclera. The eye whites just look a bit too white.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back