TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (**ANIMATRONICS TEST**)

COWABUNGA DUDE! The head kinda looks like a fish out of water without the padding! ;D
This project really blows my mind! Great stuff!

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (**ANIMATRONICS TEST**)

COWABUNGA DUDE! The head kinda looks like a fish out of water without the padding! ;D
This project really blows my mind! Great stuff!

For just a quick mockup, it showing tons of potential! Jacob just continues to push the envelope on this build!

Jacob has kept me in the loop on the painting progress. It is moving along very quickly and is looking so :cool

On the other hand, I have been working on the shell and its almost ready to start casting!

Here's just some photos to catch everyone up to its current state.

Front shell progress: Keys added, mother mold removed, ready to go!
file-78.jpg

file-79.jpg

file-80.jpg

Sides were removed from the back shell, keys added, ready to go!
file-81.jpg

file-82.jpg

file-83.jpg

Keys have been added and hopefully I have enough material to finish this up tonight!
file-85.jpg

Comments are always welcome!
Later RPF'ers

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Shell Molds**

i hope so! here's paint progress. notice the parts laying on the bed were the first parts i got from you, where the silicone was more of a minty green. as is, the paint matches pretty close (they look brighter in the photo because the ceiling light was directly over them), but the final round of paint should get them to match just about perfect (they dont have a top coat of brown like the others so they are more lime green at the moment). :) TURTLE FACTORY!

UNRELATED NOTE!!! NEW TMNT CARTOON STARTS TOMORROW AROUND 9AM (somewhere around there)

Paint is looking amazing! I cant wait for a full suit up!

I second that! :thumbsup

Well crappy weather has settled over Oklahoma this weekend and has forced my hand. Only been able to work some on the shell and its nearly ready. Will have to get another gallon of the plasti-paste to finish the mother mold but that's no biggie.

Enough rambling now just some photos

Sides ready, just need to clean em up a little bit.
file-87.jpg

The front is ready
file-80.jpg

The back shell is almost there
file-85.jpg

file-86.jpg

file-88.jpg

file-89.jpg

So I can't cast any foam pieces until the humidity comes down. But when the sun shines its game time:love
Later RPF'ers

Tonight I added the registration keys to the inside of the back shell. Will finish the shell Tuesday evening and begin casting this beast! Rain has moved out so I will try and cast the front and sides until I finish the back.

file-90.jpg

file-91.jpg

These updates aren't that exciting but its all I have until I get to cast the shell.
Later RPF'ers

i think the eyes will really bring this guy to life. hoping to have some here in the next couple of days. only the best from Tech Optics!

i think the eyes will really bring this guy to life. hoping to have some here in the next couple of days. only the best from Tech Optics!

SIT BACK AND LOOK AT THESE :popcorn :love

file-92.jpg

file-93.jpg

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Tech Optics**

I am so impressed with your build.. Your progress on your turtle has been quick.. Many on here take years to finish one project..

Love to see how you plan to pad out the suit. I have seen many great latex suits at different cons and they sag on the person wearing them.. They look like baggy old sacks and really ruin the look.

Keep up the posts.

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Tech Optics**

Gorgeous!
They sure are! I have shipped them South, Jacob may have them installed in his mask soon...

Cool! Where did those come from?
Tech Optics. Really nice people to work with.

I am so impressed with your build.. Your progress on your turtle has been quick.. Many on here take years to finish one project..

Love to see how you plan to pad out the suit. I have seen many great latex suits at different cons and they sag on the person wearing them.. They look like baggy old sacks and really ruin the look.

Keep up the posts.

Thank you muttmo. I try not to rush the project but I stay pretty busy to get it finished in under 6 months.
It will need padding especially in the bicep area. Its the area that bothers me the most as of now. Ohh and just to clarify to the suits are not latex, but a much better platinum-silicone. Won't have to worry about the suits not lasting a lifetime.

Started casting some foam pieces last night, still need to finish the back shell though.

Here's the front piece and to the concerned parties about the piece that extends between the legs to the rear shell..... the picture shows the proof. The extensions is tucked between my legs and the front doesn't distort at all, success!

IMG_1467.jpg

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Front Shell**

.... more MORE !!!!!

Sure thing Spengler!

Here's the progress on the back shell, ready to start casting!

file-95.jpg

file-96.jpg

Also got 2 sets of front and side shells finished, just casting the back shell twice and 2 full suits will be complete! COWABUNGA
file-97.jpg

Later RPF'ers! :behave

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back