TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (First Head Cast)

sweet!!! both Mikey or is one being modified into another of the brothers?

sweet!!! both Mikey or is one being modified into another of the brothers?

i think we'll be twin Mikeys :) we're in different states. who knows, if we're ever at a con together or something, one of us may switch masks or something.

main reason I'm doing Mikey is cause I'm good with nunchakus. and if I had to try and voice match one of the 4, Mikey would be easiest for me.

oh, and i think D's intentions are to make 5 suits... one of each turtle... and one for me

Ah cool.....
I am trying to figure out doing a voice for my Raph, not too worried about doin it at cons coz no one knows me but I am planning on wearing this as a surprise for my fiancee's little boy's 8th birthday when he as his friends round for a little party, I plan on brining a couple of pizzas in wearing the costume and don't want him to know it's actually me.... so gotta get practising coz I need to sound VERY different for that.... and it's also harder for me to get the sound being English and not American lol

This is amazing.
Thanks!
i think we'll be twin Mikeys :) we're in different states. who knows, if we're ever at a con together or something, one of us may switch masks or something.

main reason I'm doing Mikey is cause I'm good with nunchakus. and if I had to try and voice match one of the 4, Mikey would be easiest for me.

oh, and i think D's intentions are to make 5 suits... one of each turtle... and one for me
Both Mikeys! But like he said eventually I would like to have 4 suits. But first we both need one for HALLOWEEN! That's the goal anyways.

Ah cool.....
I am trying to figure out doing a voice for my Raph, not too worried about doin it at cons coz no one knows me but I am planning on wearing this as a surprise for my fiancee's little boy's 8th birthday when he as his friends round for a little party, I plan on brining a couple of pizzas in wearing the costume and don't want him to know it's actually me.... so gotta get practising coz I need to sound VERY different for that.... and it's also harder for me to get the sound being English and not American lol

That's awesome! Power to ya

Forgot to quote ya, but thanks Matt.

Update:

Spent a full day playing outside with the molds! Just glad the weather here is perfect.

file_zps43b7b4d0.jpg

file_zps7fc3389c.jpg

file_zpsc0911edf.jpg

file_zpsb4506822.jpg

Can't wait to have a suit complete! But until then I'll keep molding the pieces for Jacob to paint!
Later RPF'ers

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (First set of skins complete)

Hahaa! I think they are the next big fashion statement

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (First set of skins complete)

Well I just shipped a suit to Jacob for paint today!
But before I sent it I slipped it all on for a ninja run!!!:love

file-76.jpg

file-77.jpg

Its just the skins just how they come out of the molds, they still need padding in areas to help them hold proper shape but its easy to put on and comfortable. But don't kid yourself its a sweat trap! The entire suit without shell weighs in at 35 pounds so its not to heavy.

This week I will be working on the shell and hopefully get a shell or two finished! Also need to cast the lower body skins so that Jacob will have two complete suits to paint up! Busy busy...
Let me know what you think!
Thanks RPF'ers

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (TEST FIT)

Awesome, awesome work! I love it and cant wait to see the shell in action too. I think one of the best things about your whole process is that you have taken your time and never seemed to rush anything. Your patience is paying off my friend. I noticed your wife has been helping, what does she think of this turtle madness?

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (TEST FIT)

woohoo!!! lookin good. i'll have to take that same photo but with my gut hanging out. :)

:lol Just photoshop a shell! Who wants a six-pack when you can have a keg! Am I right?
Be looking for the brown truck today!:cool

Awesome, awesome work! I love it and cant wait to see the shell in action too. I think one of the best things about your whole process is that you have taken your time and never seemed to rush anything. Your patience is paying off my friend. I noticed your wife has been helping, what does she think of this turtle madness?

Thanks! The shell is this weeks project!
This project wouldn't exisit without the support of my wife, she's awesome!

Wow, that looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you make the pads your self?

Thanks, the credit for the pads goes to Slimesquare!

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (**ANIMATRONICS TEST**)

Animatronics are looking great, and once you have padded out the mask it will look awesome.

When you insert the eyes are they going to be on servos too, or just static?

Animatronics are looking great, and once you have padded out the mask it will look awesome.

When you insert the eyes are they going to be on servos too, or just static?

probably static, at least for now anyway. i'm gonna be so freakin busy trying to get these suits painted in the next 4 weeks.

the color on this mask seems bright, but its because the mask isnt at all painted. also THESE ARE NOT THE EYES THAT WILL BE USED... they are out of a toy i had laying around. really just playing around with the moving mouth a little more.

Cowabunga test 2 - YouTube

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back