TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (First Head Cast)

The head looks great man! What a relief that your not having any problems with the molding process. I'm super excited to see it all coming together. I'm also curious about how you will do the eyes.

Were you worried at all how the head would fit in relationship to YOUR eyes?

the level of coolness should increase about 10 fold next Friday. hoping to have a complete upper body done by then, hands, arms, torso, mask... all painted (minus eyes), and also have the bandana, wrist bands and elbow pads. :)

the level of coolness should increase about 10 fold next Friday. hoping to have a complete upper body done by then, hands, arms, torso, mask... all painted (minus eyes), and also have the bandana, wrist bands and elbow pads. :)

Are you still going to try and use that mech you were working on?

yeah, either that or one of these...

Werewolf Ani Motion Mask - HalloweenCostumes.com - YouTube

if I go that route, i'll probably just modify the mouth and teeth and maybe even fit the whole make, or most of it, in to the turtle head. i like how these have the lip movement AND opening mouth. AND, since these are made to be worn like a mask, because they are, retrofitting should be a snap.

LOVE IT!!!! you have done a fantastic job dude

wish I could share the pics of our costume builds.... I got sent a pic of all 4 finished heads today and they look epic

wish I could share the pics of our costume builds.... I got sent a pic of all 4 finished heads today and they look epic

tease!!!:behave

haha I know, I'm sorry... I get so excited reading dericrw's build!! and it makes me want to share our suits but when I asked him he said he would rather me not post them up yet... but I am really pleased with it :)

ok... here's a quick sneak peak of my big ass in the suit... wish the ams were here but they're at the "paint shop"

ps: i photoshopped the front chest piece on obviously

ok... here's a quick sneak peak of my big ass in the suit... wish the ams were here but they're at the "paint shop"

And by big you mean tall? Cause you don't look that big buddy

This is my favorite ever thread and I'm already saving money for when a run is done. Cowabunga!!!!

There's many amazing threads in this forum! Glad to be one of your favorites! Thanks

The head looks great man! What a relief that your not having any problems with the molding process. I'm super excited to see it all coming together. I'm also curious about how you will do the eyes.

Like Jacob stated, the eye slits will be under the bandana to see. However if you wanted to use the actual eye slots they could also be used. They are nicely spaced for using if desired.

Haha that's so cool!
Thanks! It should really come to life with paint and eyes!

No one likes a teaser and everyone loves a REBEL! hahaa thanks

I can't believe you got into that by yourself! You were the first to wear that, lucky!

Who knows Matt, maybe you could fit in it!?!

Today's update:

Well Jacob has the only photos of the torso, so I'm glad he shared the picture. It should really come to life with his painting!

Started casting the thighs and they are coming along really nice, but have to wait till more material arrives tomorrow to finish them. (THANKS JACOB)
file_zpsa0585e28.jpg

Got one of the leg molds finished, and the other would be done but my dremel crapped out!:cry
file_zpsbd990e60.jpg

file_zps3055f96c.jpg

file_zps28a63611.jpg

The weekend starts tomorrow and I'm ready to crank out some more pieces!:cool

Comments are always welcome:thumbsup

Later RPF'ers

This is coming together really well! Do you have a time frame in which you want it finished by?
What are the dimentions for the shell? You make it look so easy i wanna try and make one, obviously you have set the bar... but one can try lol

i LOVE this suit so far, but I'm pretty sure if its any warmer than about 10° F outside, I will die in the suit from heat exhaustion after 2-3 minutes. so here's my warning... MAKE SURE YOU EAT WELL AND ARE WELL HYDRATED BEFORE DONNING THE SUIT lol

paint is coming along nicely. we switched to a larger cone for faster coverage so we got a lot more done today in a short period of time. torso and head still need more yellow to match the hands, but that'll happen next week. once we match everything else to the hands, everything will get a coat of brown and then details (freckles, etc).

i think D is trying to get me feet and crotch by next week so in theory, the "skins" should all be painted next week, and detailed the following week (Oct 5th). next big task is the shell.

so heres a "slightly" photoshopped version of the suit (no more than 8 minutes in photoshop). i adjusted the green, added pads (which are already made), added breast piece, belt, bandana and eyes. so yeah, a lot IS photoshopped. BUT...if you think about it, those are just little details (most of which are already taken care of).

when you look at this photo, to me anyway, it looks straight outta the movie. the scale are all untouched. this is freakin awesome. great job D!

that is looking awesome guys!!! love it! :)
so which of you is actually goin to be the owner of this?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back