TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (Paint by Jacob)

hurry up with a torso so I can see how it all looks with hands, arms, shoulders, pads and the mask I have :) i'm dying to find out if the propshop mask i have is going to look ridiculously small with your shoulders... probably lol

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (Paint by Jacob)

Well after a long day with the clay....
I think the shell is ready.

file-63.jpg

file-62.jpg

file-64.jpg

file-60.jpg

file-59.jpg

Now to mold the beast!

file-65.jpg

See ya tomorrow RPF'ers

Last edited:
Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (SHELL COMPLETE)

Man! How did you get it to look so screen accurate? :)

Seriously though, fantastic craftsmanship.

Looks awesome!
Thank you sir! Look forward to you molding yours.:love

That shell looks flippin sick, and those hands... the paint job is amazing.
Thanks Mark! The paint credit goes down to Jacob

That was awesome!!!! Subscribed…!!!
Well thank you!:$

That looks superb!
Appreciate it!

That is really awesome!! Great job!!!!!
Thanks! your work as well as other's served as inspiration and direction!

This is kicking so much ass! Love it! :)
Hahhaa thanks! Hopefully I can kick some real ***** soon!

Man! How did you get it to look so screen accurate? :)

Seriously though, fantastic craftsmanship.

Well.......... it's a secret!:lol

Subscribe!! :)
Awesome! Thanks.

Well I busted butt all weekend hoping! Got a bunch done, but not exactly all I originally inspired to get accomplished but there's always tomorrow.

Shell is finished and is being molded as seen above and other photos I attached now. Need another gallon of silicone to finish the shell molds but then thats it!

First coat to the back side.
file-66.jpg

Few coats later.
file-75.jpg

Redid the front shell to hopefully satisfy all of the comments and suggestions.

It has the upper lip
file-69.jpg

It has a bend on the lower ridge of the shell to keep the front of the shell from bending inward once the strip is tucked to the back.
file-70.jpg

The shell is now less than an inch thick as suggested.
file-73.jpg

And lastly it has the "v" shape at the very end to attach to the back shell.
file-72.jpg

So thank you to everyone who offered their insight!:thumbsup

Still have tons of work to accomplish, so I will get back at it tomorrow. Thanks for following! Later RPF'ers

Wow, that turned out better than I imagined.

I don't know if my favorite part is the build, or the exciting exchanges between you and Jacobzking. :lol

Great stuff guys

Your work is looking very good!
One thing you might want to try when you are air brushing is using dark brown to shade skin. It or a dark red. They both work great for bringing out details in the green skin.

Last edited:

Wow, that turned out better than I imagined.

I don't know if my favorite part is the build, or the exciting exchanges between you and Jacobzking. :lol

Great stuff guys

Thanks! We do bounce ideas off each other like crazy, glad he is helping out!:behave

Your work is looking very good!
One thing you might want to try when you are air brushing is using dark brown to shade skin. It or a dark red. They both work great for bringing out details in the green skin.

Thanks Alpha Proto! That was part of the plan. He is going to add brown to tone down the yellow and bring out the details. Nice to know we are on the right track!:love

pads should be done Friday :) when I pick them up, I'll drop off the vinyl belt to have it reproduced in leather

in case anyone is dying for an update, Deric just gave me [strike]some[/strike] a head. i'm hoping to paint a first coat of paint on it tomorrow or Friday (depending on how early the head comes in tomorrow). was hoping for a torso, but that should be next week.

i think D finished the moulding/casting of the torso last night, so it should be ready to crank out pretty soon. lookin good!

Last edited:

I love this build, my mate is currently finishing up making our 4 suits ready for a convention next week, he sent me pics of the painted up thighs/upper legs and the lower leg/feet being worn by himself and they look AMAZING!!! I'd post pics but he doesn't want it goin out yet....

Dericrw your amazing bro. your work is so good, I registered just to say how great it is. your attention to detail is profound and it is so cool to me that you take the time to acknowledge everyone that has given you advice and praise. You have been the inspiration to me to start (and keep working on) my own Donatello Turtle. I'm just hoping it comes out half as well as yours. Thanks man! and may your talents continue to blossom.

pads should be done Friday :) when I pick them up, I'll drop off the vinyl belt to have it reproduced in leather
in case anyone is dying for an update, Deric just gave me [strike]some[/strike] a head. i'm hoping to paint a first coat of paint on it tomorrow or Friday (depending on how early the head comes in tomorrow). was hoping for a torso, but that should be next week.

i think D finished the moulding/casting of the torso last night, so it should be ready to crank out pretty soon. lookin good!

Can't wait to see how your pads turn out! And the belt has got me super pumped:love

Ya that second post didn't read right. Lucky I'm not nearby or I'd ninja kick you to the face! :behave
I'm not saying I did or didn't send the torso.... :confused

I love this build, my mate is currently finishing up making our 4 suits ready for a convention next week, he sent me pics of the painted up thighs/upper legs and the lower leg/feet being worn by himself and they look AMAZING!!! I'd post pics but he doesn't want it goin out yet....

Well tease me with words and no pictures! I hope you share the suits soon, I understand now what it takes to put one together, a lotta time and effort.

Dericrw your amazing bro. your work is so good, I registered just to say how great it is. your attention to detail is profound and it is so cool to me that you take the time to acknowledge everyone that has given you advice and praise. You have been the inspiration to me to start (and keep working on) my own Donatello Turtle. I'm just hoping it comes out half as well as yours. Thanks man! and may your talents continue to blossom.

Thanks bronco! Glad to see you joined the forum and look forward to seeing your Donatello!! Now we just need to find the other two knuckleheads!

Well I have continued to get molds ready and just about everything besides the shell parts are ready!

Here's some photos of the recent work
Upper Legs are ready to be molded!
file_zps2ee90dec.jpg

file_zps18800ca1.jpg

The work done on the torso
file_zpsd783c576.jpg

file_zps415c6cb8.jpg

This is what the registration keys are used for, just for the curious.
file_zps890048e8.jpg

Dun Dun Dunnnn!
Got a head finished and sent it south to Jacob for paint.
file_zpsd21f4f40.jpg

file_zpsb28635c4.jpg

The head is just a silicone cast, so it stretches downward a bit as seen in the photos. A thin layer of foam to the inside will be a quick fix. But it needs to be PAINTED! :love

Let me know what yall think!
Thanks RPF'ers

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (First Head Cast)

This is my favorite ever thread and I'm already saving money for when a run is done. Cowabunga!!!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back