TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Did you say yet what the mother mold material is? Are you having any trouble with the silicones? Are you using a mold release?

Those arm pulls look great - and the molds look tight and clean, too. Great first mold making effort! Any pics of a head pull?

Thanks!

- Douglas

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (Head Molded)

if it aint broke dont try to fix it

AGREED! Hahaa
Ah, I wasn't trying to correct you - really wondering! I'd actually like to hear more about your process and materials. I have to do the same thing soon myself!

Well I'd be glad to help with what I can. I try to share everything

This looks amazing, cant wait to see it finished.

Thanks, and me either!!!
this is 1 awesome thread was allways a big fan really looking forward to see this hole costume come together well done :)

Thanks James!

you and me both brother

Thanks Jacob! I'll be sure to keep you in mind if the molds work out nice!

Did you say yet what the mother mold material is? Are you having any trouble with the silicones? Are you using a mold release?

Those arm pulls look great - and the molds look tight and clean, too. Great first mold making effort! Any pics of a head pull?

Thanks!

- Douglas

Mother Mold is Rebound 25 from Smooth-on. Not any problems since learning not to use LATEX GLOVES!!! hahaa and yes using a mold release!

No other pulls yet! Plan on building a rotational caster to get good coverage on every piece!

UPDATE:

Silicone applied to all pieces. Just need to add the support shell to each! YEAH!

file-29.jpg

file-26.jpg

file-25.jpg

file-27.jpg

file-28.jpg

And whats ready!
file-24.jpg

Sorry for the long wait for an update, these steps take a long time!
Later RPF

Ah, "mother mold" actually refers to what you call the "support shell." What material is that?

What happens with the latex gloves and the Rebound?

Looking forward to seeing some pulls! Very cool.

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (SILICONE)

you sir are awesome

No no TURTLES ARE AWESOME!

Ah, "mother mold" actually refers to what you call the "support shell." What material is that?

What happens with the latex gloves and the Rebound?

Looking forward to seeing some pulls! Very cool.

Umm actually your correct.

The mold is Rebound 25
The Mother Mold (my term support shell) is plastipaste a fiber resin.

I will be adding the mother mold to the rest of the pieces next. Then put together the rotocaster and then pulls should come out quickly!

And the latex gloves? Latex inhibits the curing of silicone! Even just toughing it with the gloves caused problems.

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt (Upper Body Complete)

My wife is also starting to sculpt! Check out her bird, Hahaa
file-4.jpg

Your wife is officially more skilled then me :D

A pen for the detailing - wonderful!

I've wanted to build this since 6th grade, overall... how's it feel?

thanks for reminding me! i need to go get some new tires for one of my cars.

you welcome lol :)

That was a good laugh!

A pen for the detailing - wonderful!

I've wanted to build this since 6th grade, overall... how's it feel?

In the early stages yes but later changed to a texture stamp (much better). Not sure what you mean by "how's it feel". But this is a fun project!

That's A LOT of silicone!
Thats no joke! I think 5 gallons, rediculous!

QUESTION

The only piece left is the shell (front and back). I would like to use WED CLAY because it is supposibly quicker to work with and is much cheaper!

*****Does WED CLAY contain any SULPHER????******

Will be molding in silicone, so it can't contain any sulpher.

pretty much. other than the torso, all i need is a few small bits to finish it off, like the crotch section, the feet, the hands, the shell... you know, the small stuff. :)

but I figured if I hit you up for one piece at a time it may be easier :thumbsup

i do have a mask and potentially a set of hands on the way. i also have some black roped nunchucks like mikey uses (I'm actually a badass with some chucks... thats the reason i went with Mikey).

also, i bought some of the black "ghostbuster" volleyball elbow pads on ebay (2 pair) in which I'm going to have recovered in distressed leather. it'll look pretty close to the Don Spina pads... not 100% movie accurate, but better looking than most pads I've seen, hopefully.

Soon as I have something ready I'll let ya know!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back