WIP props for Timelord 13th Doctor's sonic screwdriver

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
Well, some of you may remember or have even watched our fan series, "Timelord" a Doctor Who fan series. We are in pre-production again and hope to film at the end of spring, with a hopeful summer posting of the episode. We have made some changes to it as casting has been a nightmare! We filmed part one of a three part episode and our actress who played Violet could not film the second episode. We recast her part for the second episode and then guess what? Same thing happened to our second Violet. Not to mention that more than a year has past now. We decided not to move forward with episode three, but rather to just move along with our next adventure. With that in mind, we have made some character changes. We still have Ashley's character, but Violet is gone (We explain how) and we also took Kroger out of the picture. His character seemd good in conception, but was not well recieved. We have added two additional characters. One is a former 'classic' companion and the tin pup she stayed behind with!

Below are some WIP pics of props.

First up is the Doctor's sonic screwdriver. This is a WIP as there is more to add to it. First glimps.

SAM_0661.jpg

SAM_0663.jpg

SAM_0664.jpg

It has a blue LED in the clear dome. I am still working on it, as there is more to add.

Hope you enjoy, I'll add pics as work progresses.

Last edited:
Re: WIP props for Timelord (Doctor Who fan series)

Subscribed! I want to see more of K9!

Edit: Just found the other thread here. Subscribed to that one too!

Last edited:
Here is the finished sonic for our series. The blue light was a NIGHTMARE to make happen. The actual LED was easy. Making a bettery compartment and switch was the pain.

SAM_0719.jpg

SAM_0721.jpg

SAM_0720.jpg

I would of glued the hydraulics on the button part of the handle & the other end to the prongs.

That way the hydraulics are more even, not bent, & the prongs look like there holding on to the crystal emitter & not just attached to it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back