Uncharted: Nate Drake Outfits (PIC HEAVY)

Looking good as always, Pitfall! Or is it Nate Jones, now? I'm confused. :cool

Thanks. :cool

Well, I would have changed it on here IF I could. I think the handle fits me better these days and is more "unique"......I've actually had younger people think I got the "Harry" part from the Harry Potter movies. Ugh.....:rolleyes

Besides the green 'Chateau' shirt/sweater, one of the hardest to find items of clothing seems to be the UC3 desert pants.

I think I may have found a reasonable pair with the buttons on the outside of the cargo pockets albeit not the right stitching on the front. (the only company that does stitching like that is True religion and they don't have anything close) Classic Cargo Denim Jeans [Cargo Jeans] - $60.00 : Makeyourownjeans.com, Custom Jeans | Designer Jeans

Now I'm still deciding on the color, does anyone have any really good reference photos of the desert pants? I can't decide if they are khaki (or which shade of khaki) or greyish-blue.

Just a little update, since I wore Drake at Gen Con this weekend... The costume is now a hybrid of versions 1 and 3; I'm using the basic costume from Uncharted, but some of the accessories are from U3. (I made that decision primarily because I was running messy workshops the day I wore this, and I really prefer to wear a watch during those so I don't have to worry about getting paint or glue on my phone when I check the time. It was easier to make the U3 watch than it was to find a way to modify the U1 cuff to include one.)

Clothing is modified found item (as per previous post). I made the watch cuff and grenade for this costume; I made the shoulder holster a couple of years ago for a different costume (which is why it's not completely accurate for Drake). The flashlight is WWII vintage and belonged to my grandfather.

Wearing this costume, I also really terrified someone in the ladies' room who thought she had walked into the wrong restroom by mistake... Ah, crossplay. :rolleyes

BTW, found UC3 Desert Pants, with the CORRECT FRONT STITCHING!!! And, they're actually used for hiking!

REI Sahara Cargo Pants - Men's 34" Inseam - Free Shipping at REI.com

Those look like they're it. Nice find. (y)thumbsup I think I'd go for the "Army Tent" color because the "Concrete" is to light.

I wonder how "thick" these pants are? Drake's looks like they've got some weight to them and these look like a very thin material.

I *may* pick these up down the road but right now I'm happy with what I got from Old Navy for $30. They may not have the stitching but I love the color and they're very very comfortable. :)

I'd rather put the money toward getting a bandolier. :cool

7d118134226dab45c6005d6647838d2e-d5cd4mw.jpg

Those look like they're it. Nice find. (y)thumbsup I think I'd go for the "Army Tent" color because the "Concrete" is to light.

I wonder how "thick" these pants are? Drake's looks like they've got some weight to them and these look like a very thin material.

I *may* pick these up down the road but right now I'm happy with what I got from Old Navy for $30. They may not have the stitching but I love the color and they're very very comfortable. :)

I'd rather put the money toward getting a bandolier. :cool

7d118134226dab45c6005d6647838d2e-d5cd4mw.jpg

They're thinner than typical khakis, but when walking through the desert, they might be a pretty good pair of pants to have on instead of heavy khakis! But, agree 100% on the holster point.

Looks like Desert Drake found a treasure set for those aviators!:cool

You know the funny thing is that in the game they didn't change it so that Desert Drake could wear the aviators when they added the new stuff. :(

I've found a few people making custom bandoliers and holsters from Uncharted 3 and they are very pricey. :( They look great though. I'd LOVE to be able to get exact replicas of this stuff but I just cannot afford it right now. Besides, it doesn't make much sense for me to dump a whole bunch of cash into this outfit right now when he's got so many different looks. It's not like Indiana Jones where he has one distinct outfit. Nate's got a ton of stuff.

It really doesn't make much sense, for me at least, to own multiple expensive holsters either. Other than trying to make an Uncharted 2 holster for the Hell of it. I'm happy with just using a real shoulder rig. The one I've got in the pic is the one Bruce Willis wears in the Die Hard movies so I'm cool with that. LOL

Here's my "London Streets" Drake....

17fdcd7017c03c162001cb22a93a4170-d5b3g21.jpg

Looking Good.

Have you considered making the bandoleer out of vinyl?
All the fancy bits could be done out of sculpy or a 2 part epoxy putty then a quick mold can be done with resin or epoxy parts made, even a press mold in clay would work.

Nice and cheap for something that doesn't get much use.

Those are nice pants. I like that they have the front stitching but they are missing the back pocket flap. I was looking at makemyownjeans but thay would be over 60/70$ for a custom pair.

Those are nice pants. I like that they have the front stitching but they are missing the back pocket flap. I was looking at makemyownjeans but thay would be over 60/70$ for a custom pair.

Sewing on a couple flaps and buttons is MUCH easier than trying to match stitching. Plus, these have a good brand behind them, which have been field tested. That's my kinda approval! And 60-70 for a custom pair from an online shop which I'm sure a few people have never heard of probably isn't the safest bet if something goes wrong (fit, color, etc.). You'd have to return ship it and wait even longer, instead of trying out pants in-store. The REI pants, unless you have a good substitute already, seem like a real win to me.

Hi guys, first post on here. One of those funny things, read posts on the forum for years but never had a reason to join until now.
Ive been solely collecting Indy gear up until now but have been researching to piece together a copy of the Nathan Drake outfit. A lot of bits and pieces aren't too much trouble to track down but I'm having trouble tracking down close enough's of the shirt (of all things). Can anyone point me in the right direction online, or what search criteria I should be using to search online?
I'm pretty set on trying to replicate something close to the chateau level in Uncharted 3 but I must admit, I like how much room for movement there is with Drakes outfit. It can be changed up a little with different coloured shirts etc. Something you cant do with the Indiana Jones outfit!

A lot of bits and pieces aren't too much trouble to track down but I'm having trouble tracking down close enough's of the shirt (of all things). Can anyone point me in the right direction online, or what search criteria I should be using to search online?
I'm pretty set on trying to replicate something close to the chateau level in Uncharted 3 but I must admit, I like how much room for movement there is with Drakes outfit. It can be changed up a little with different coloured shirts etc. Something you cant do with the Indiana Jones outfit!
If I remember correctly, the chateau outfit is the olive green Henley? Possible search terms would include Henley, placket, or placket-front shirt. They're really common at stores like Old Navy, American Eagle and most department stores.

Thanks for that, coming into summer here in Aus anything with long sleeves is disappearing from racks pretty quickly so the internet is my best option.

"green henley shirt pocket" in google gives lots of hits.
You can also add things like olive or other types of greens to get other results.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back